Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Shea

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 09, 2010, 09:10:24 PM
You sure? Think Tommy French takes each way bets on club championship...

Definitely doesn't, 100%, win only.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's 1-11 Pearse Ógs 1-9  :)

Great spirited win over the county champions to lift us off the bottom of the table. Terrible start - we were 1-2 down after 6 minutes but fought back well to be level at half-time. Led by 2 points with about 10 to go but the Ógs took the game over a bit and were 1 up before a goalkeeping error handed us a goal which won the game. great tough entertaining game of football and we got the bit of luck to win the match that had deserted us all season.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

davo

fair play to cullyhanna tonight they hung in there but i dont honestly know how the ogs didnt win this game. the last 15 minutes was played in cullyhannas half of the field but the ogs kicked wide after wide....easy chances too. ogs were 1 up with 1minute to go and cullyhanna broke up the field. a high ball into the square which ciaran mckinney misjudged and the ball bounced into the net.

good hard hitting game to watch. wouldnt blame mckinney as ogs should have been well ahead at that stage. think cullyhanna will stay up if they show that spirit in every match though. fair play

IVEDECIDED

Very suprising result - fair play to st.pats.

thewanderer

with mackin and mc keeve available which i think will be regularily shortly they will beat almost all teams at home if they show the hunger and desire of last night. ogs still should have won the game easily but kicked at least 6 chances wide in the last 10 minutes and got a sucker punch at the end when the referee mr beds who is not up to refereeing senior football wrongly blew a foul against shorty clarke after a great clean catch. a good game for both teams and with a few more players returning from injury and most of the rest due back in the next 2 weeks the ogs will get stronger. only bad point is no 11, o hare is just a dirty player and took away from the spirit of the game.

illdecide

Has anyone any insight on how the b leagues are going this year? and what were the results from last night...

clans beat Eire Og last night in a re-fixture (not to sure of the exact score)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Which O'Hare? I know Liam and he is a very good player. The other brother seems to be a bit of a hallion always leaving digs in. Hitting of the ball and accidently on purpose falling on people on the ground. He is renowned for this and it doesn't surprise me one bit. He is also very selective as to whom he does it on if you get my drift
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Score was 3-11 to 1-09 i think

Candyman

Quote from: thewanderer on June 10, 2010, 08:56:10 AM
with mackin and mc keeve available which i think will be regularily shortly they will beat almost all teams at home if they show the hunger and desire of last night. ogs still should have won the game easily but kicked at least 6 chances wide in the last 10 minutes and got a sucker punch at the end when the referee mr beds who is not up to refereeing senior football wrongly blew a foul against shorty clarke after a great clean catch. a good game for both teams and with a few more players returning from injury and most of the rest due back in the next 2 weeks the ogs will get stronger. only bad point is no 11, o hare is just a dirty player and took away from the spirit of the game.

Complete Joke!! Even bigger joke is him telling some of our lads he played senior football for Killeavy for 15years... WTF???  :D

IVEDECIDED

Speaking of refs I was at the Clans Harps minor game on Monday where the clans won 18-17 but the ref had it Harps 18-17! After the final whistle protests which in fact involved some Harps ones trying to tell him his mistake (Fair play to the ones beside us too) he decided on a draw.

Not that this was the right thing to do but given what he did later it would at least have been reasonable to give the draw - because when he got away out of everyones road he rang the result in as a Harps win!

Having said that his performance during the game makes this unsurprising. His decisions ruined a good minor game which would have been played in the right spirit and at a very fast pace only for him. Not sure who he was but he was well over weight and couldn even run after the play. I know refs can be scarce and I dont want to start another row about how difficult their job is but this is a joke - Are the county board going to sit back and constantly watch as incompetent officiating ruins the development of our game??

Ill be totally honest, such is my views on the state of refereeing in this county, it wouldnt take a lot to impress me so if a ref was anywhere near close to even trying to do it right I would be happy. So by that you can easily conclude how bad some of these guys are!! >:( >:(

winsamsoon

QuoteAre the county board going to sit back and constantly watch as incompetent officiating ruins the development of our game??

Nothing new here saan they have been sitting back watching it for years and these guys are still being permitted to ref games

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 10, 2010, 10:32:52 AM
Which O'Hare? I know Liam and he is a very good player. The other brother seems to be a bit of a hallion always leaving digs in. Hitting of the ball and accidently on purpose falling on people on the ground. He is renowned for this and it doesn't surprise me one bit. He is also very selective as to whom he does it on if you get my drift

No. 11 was Liam.

Sent off after two yellow cards, both of which should have been straight reds.  The first was a kick on one of our lads when he was on the ground, right in front of the ref.  The second was when one of our forwards were running through, he caught him clean in the face with his elbow.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Winsamsoon, I see you neglected to answer me in the Armagh v Monaghan thread. Maybe the discussion is more relevant now in this thread so I'll post it again.

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 09, 2010, 02:06:31 PM
Yes main i am a clansman

on the issue of Dyas i am going to make this my last post as i don't want to come across as slating the lad.

My original point of this debate centred on the fact that there are 7-8 players in Armagh that would do a better job than some of the lads on the current panel. There are footballers in Armagh that have footballing talent but are not neccessarily big men and they are being overlooked because they don't fit into the Armagh machine that has existed in the last decade.

I am a firm believer that players must prove themselves, they shouldn't be selected on name, reputation or events that have occured maybe 5 or 6 years ago. There have been players on the Armagh squad that have been brought in on these pretences. If i were running a county team i would select the players who are performing at present irregardless of size or any other factor. Players should have to prove themselves and if they are doing a job for theri club they should get a chance at county level.

Part of the problem within Armagh is that the county players don't get enough club football. There are teams that are going without county players for two to three week stretches and this is unacceptable. Other counties are having county players playing for their clubs 4 or 5 nights prior to championship games. Sure you run the risk of injury but that is the chance you take. At the same time all players are getting proper game time and the overall standard is increasing. I stick by my criticism of the selection processes in Armagh.

I've been informed that Dyas actually was on the panel and made his championship debut against Derry in 2007 before he went to Australia.

You make many sweeping statements about the standard of the current Armagh squad. Care to back up your argument with specifics?

Who are the 7-8 players in the county that should be on the panel? And who are the current Armagh squad members who are not there on merit that should be replaced?

CountyGK

UMHC Semi Final - Sun 13.06.10
Armagh v Down
@ Casement Park, 1 30pm

All support welcome!

thewanderer

unfortunately wont be much of a crowd now that london are not playin down in the senior game, but that might suit armagh minors as they wouldnt be used to playing in front of a big crowd?