Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Championship odds have to be based on something,majority of the time past events . Saying that they go on league position clans are in a better position and even if they go on last years championship position clans are slightly better imo. Having said that the odds are really irrelevant to me as i wouldn't back any of the two of them to win the championship. What i will say is that if i had a bet as to who would get further (and this will happen as they meet in the first round) i would want to be on the clans. So effectively in betting terms i would have the clans 5/6 and Cullyhanna 6/5 for that first round game. I think the clans are coming on well at the moment and overall have too much pace for Cullyhanna who would certainly be an older more physical side. But as we know this could all change two months down the line. But it will be a tight enough affair. No easy games in the old championship unless you are in the top two ie Pearse Og's and Cross.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

I think you could well see the Ogs struggling this year and an early enough exit is on the cards. (Just a hunch)

I agree that bookies odds dont matter one bit once two teams cross the white lines however the fact that the clans are so outrageously priced must reflect a perception that they are no hopers. This isnt really accurate and although I dont beleive them strong enough to win the championship this year, they are showing signs of a very quiclky developing team.

Outside of Cross and for arguemnts sake the Ogs - there is no other team that you could say would definitley beat the clans in a one off game, therefore if they keep their heads down and play the way the can and get some luck with the draw it wouldnt be inconceivable to see them line out in the county final.

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 07, 2010, 04:40:54 PM
I think you could well see the Ogs struggling this year and an early enough exit is on the cards. (Just a hunch)

I agree that bookies odds dont matter one bit once two teams cross the white lines however the fact that the clans are so outrageously priced must reflect a perception that they are no hopers. This isnt really accurate and although I dont beleive them strong enough to win the championship this year, they are showing signs of a very quiclky developing team.

Outside of Cross and for arguemnts sake the Ogs - there is no other team that you could say would definitley beat the clans in a one off game, therefore if they keep their heads down and play the way the can and get some luck with the draw it wouldnt be inconceivable to see them line out in the county final.

All of a sudden you're a Clans man now, before you were just a GAA man from Lurgan (area) now you ball bag is blue FFS. They're 25/1 cause the bookies don't rate them saan, get your money out and do them EW so if they get to the final your quids in
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Ive been converted! I had my balls painted blue and have had lessons in cockyness and roaring at refs so that means Im def a bluenose! ;D ;D

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 07, 2010, 05:16:39 PM
Ive been converted! I had my balls painted blue and have had lessons in cockyness and roaring at refs so that means Im def a bluenose! ;D ;D

Good man, r u related to Monza then :D

lucan

its amazing. no comment within armagh on total humiliation of county team. why not at least blame paddy o rourke.

ogshead

Quote from: lucan on June 07, 2010, 08:44:47 PM
its amazing. no comment within armagh on total humiliation of county team. why not at least blame paddy o rourke.

Why don't you piss off to the main gaa section. As the title of this thread suggests: 'Armagh CLUB football and hurling'. Your just on the windup

el_cuervo_fc

Armagh Club Fixtures for w/e Sunday 13 June 2010

Monday 7 June
ACL – Div. III (7.30)
Clonmore v Middletown (Oliver Hearty)

Wednesday 9 June
B' Championship – 1st Round Replay (7.30)
Annaghmore v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)
(Extra time, if required)

ACL – Div. I (7.30)
St Patrick's v Pearse Og (Raymond Watters)

All-County 'B' League

Section A (7.30)
Clann Eireann v Clan na Gael (Mickey Leonard)
Wolfe Tone v St Paul's (Noel Martin)
Tir na nÓg v Maghery (Seamus O'Neill)
Sarsfields v St Peter's (Rory Robinson)

Section B (7.30)
Collegeland v Armagh Harps (Kevin McNeice)
Ballyhegan v An Port Mor (Ger Devlin)

Section C (7.30)
Madden v Keady (Paudie Hughes)
Granemore v St Michael's (Jim Slevin)
Ballymacnab v Middletown (Oliver Hearty)

Section D (7.30)
Mullaghbawn v St Patrick's (Stephen McKinley)
Carrickcruppen v Dromintee (Dessie McDonnell)
Silverbridge v Culloville (Kevin Murtagh)

Friday 11 June
ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Armagh Harps v Clann Eireann (Oliver Hearty)

ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Corrinshego v Grange (Noel Martin)

Saturday 12 June
ACL – Div. I (8.00)
Dromintee v Crossmaglen (Ger Devlin)

Sunday 13 June
ACL – Div. I (2.00)
Sarsfields v Killeavy (Gary Smith)
Maghery v Culloville (Kevin McNeice)
Carrickcruppen v Whitecross (Ronan Quigley)
Mullaghawn v Clan na Gael (Noel Martin)

ACL – Div. II (2.00)
Clonmore v Ballymacnab (Damian McConville)
Armagh Harps v Wolfe Tone (Kevin Murtagh)
Ballyhegan v Tir na nÓg (Kevin Gallogly)
Madden v Clann Eireann (Jimmy McKee)
St Michael's v Keady (Stephen McKinley)
Silverbridge v St Peter's (Stephen Murray)

ACL – Div. III (2.00)
Collegeland v Shane O'Neill's (Rory Robinson)
Eire Og v An Port Mor (Paudie Hughes)
Annaghmore v Belleek (Barney Henry)
Lissummon v Clonmore (Jim Lynch)
Middletown v Forkhill (Eamon Nugent)
Tullysaran v St Paul's (Joe Murtagh)

ACL – Div. IV (2.00)
Mullabrack v St Patrick's II (Paul Boylan)
Killeavy II v O'Hanlon's (Vincent O'Neill)
Derrynoose v Grange (Keith Smith)
Phelim Brady's v Clady (Seamus O'Neill)
Corrinshego v Killean (Patrick Duffy)

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f25/armagh-club-fixtures-w-e-sunday-13-june-2010-a-523/

thewanderer

thewanderer

i think that the ogs will be in a strong position to challenge for the title once again. don't forget so far this season they have played almost all of their games without 4 county players and have had 6/7 additional players injured. most of the injuries are starting to clear up and most of the players will be back for selection by the end of the month. also the manager will be ensuring that the team doesnt peak too soon but are fresh and ready for august. theres no point peaking now when the championship isnt to august. it has also given him an chance to assess new players for back-up. the league is only for trials and survival, no one can remember previous league winners. as for the clans they are on a roll but they will take a number of years before they will be in a position to challenge for the championship with the gaps left by marsden and o hagan and the production line at underage level isnt very strong yet, would u not agree.

DuffleKing

Current league form is completely irrelevent to the championship

BNAB10

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 07, 2010, 10:09:21 PM
Armagh Club Fixtures for w/e Sunday 13 June 2010

Monday 7 June
ACL – Div. III (7.30)
Clonmore v Middletown (Oliver Hearty)

Wednesday 9 June
B' Championship – 1st Round Replay (7.30)
Annaghmore v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)
(Extra time, if required)

ACL – Div. I (7.30)
St Patrick's v Pearse Og (Raymond Watters)

All-County 'B' League

Section A (7.30)
Clann Eireann v Clan na Gael (Mickey Leonard)
Wolfe Tone v St Paul's (Noel Martin)
Tir na nÓg v Maghery (Seamus O'Neill)
Sarsfields v St Peter's (Rory Robinson)

Section B (7.30)
Collegeland v Armagh Harps (Kevin McNeice)
Ballyhegan v An Port Mor (Ger Devlin)

Section C (7.30)
Madden v Keady (Paudie Hughes)
Granemore v St Michael's (Jim Slevin)
Ballymacnab v Middletown (Oliver Hearty)

Section D (7.30)
Mullaghbawn v St Patrick's (Stephen McKinley)
Carrickcruppen v Dromintee (Dessie McDonnell)
Silverbridge v Culloville (Kevin Murtagh)

Friday 11 June
ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Armagh Harps v Clann Eireann (Oliver Hearty)

ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Corrinshego v Grange (Noel Martin)

Saturday 12 June
ACL – Div. I (8.00)
Dromintee v Crossmaglen (Ger Devlin)

Sunday 13 June
ACL – Div. I (2.00)
Sarsfields v Killeavy (Gary Smith)
Maghery v Culloville (Kevin McNeice)
Carrickcruppen v Whitecross (Ronan Quigley)
Mullaghawn v Clan na Gael (Noel Martin)

ACL – Div. II (2.00)
Clonmore v Ballymacnab (Damian McConville)
Armagh Harps v Wolfe Tone (Kevin Murtagh)
Ballyhegan v Tir na nÓg (Kevin Gallogly)
Madden v Clann Eireann (Jimmy McKee)
St Michael's v Keady (Stephen McKinley)
Silverbridge v St Peter's (Stephen Murray)

ACL – Div. III (2.00)
Collegeland v Shane O'Neill's (Rory Robinson)
Eire Og v An Port Mor (Paudie Hughes)
Annaghmore v Belleek (Barney Henry)
Lissummon v Clonmore (Jim Lynch)
Middletown v Forkhill (Eamon Nugent)
Tullysaran v St Paul's (Joe Murtagh)

ACL – Div. IV (2.00)
Mullabrack v St Patrick's II (Paul Boylan)
Killeavy II v O'Hanlon's (Vincent O'Neill)
Derrynoose v Grange (Keith Smith)
Phelim Brady's v Clady (Seamus O'Neill)
Corrinshego v Killean (Patrick Duffy)

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f25/armagh-club-fixtures-w-e-sunday-13-june-2010-a-523/

it's granemore v ballymacnab in division 2 on sunday

illdecide

I personally believe (with Ronan Clarke fit) that the Og's at 3/1 is the value bet for the championship, they now know they can beat Cross and with that belief i believe they can do it. I know the Cross will be fired up this year and will want their crown back but deep in the back of their minds they know the Og's can take them and for me the Og's have the better players (slightly).

As for the Clans, they have some smashing young lads coming thru and majority of them have the right attitude. I believe this year may be too soon for them but in the next 2-3 years i will expect them to be up there challenging again where they belong. The county needs 4-5 genuine contenders for the championship, for 13 years it was just Cross now we have the Og's up there too but to have the likes of Clans, Harps and maybe Dromintee also genuine contenders would be fantastic for the competition.

thewanderer

I would agree with you there and lets hope it happens but it will take serious committment from players to get to the top as i have witnessed for the last number of years. have to say clans have some good young players as well as the harps but they need to stay focused over the next few years.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2010, 12:32:40 PM
I personally believe (with Ronan Clarke fit) that the Og's at 3/1 is the value bet for the championship, they now know they can beat Cross and with that belief i believe they can do it. I know the Cross will be fired up this year and will want their crown back but deep in the back of their minds they know the Og's can take them and for me the Og's have the better players (slightly).

As for the Clans, they have some smashing young lads coming thru and majority of them have the right attitude. I believe this year may be too soon for them but in the next 2-3 years i will expect them to be up there challenging again where they belong. The county needs 4-5 genuine contenders for the championship, for 13 years it was just Cross now we have the Og's up there too but to have the likes of Clans, Harps and maybe Dromintee also genuine contenders would be fantastic for the competition.

Clarke will play no club championship football this year if the reports on his injury are accuarte.  Cross are coasting victories at the minute(bar the St Pat's one) and from what I can gather are playing good football.  Ogs were worthy winners last year but I think you may underestimate the impact of a defeat like that one can have on the Cross psyche.  Bookies are rarely wrong so by placing them as favourites I think they are right.