Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

Ballyhegan 0.8 Silverbridge 15

Passing_Interest

Jaysus Wanderer you really do get yourself into some pointless wee tiffs.

I refer you back to posting #1807 from January past on the Armagh Harps thread.

By all means enjoy the wonderful feeling of being Champions. Relish the thoroughfully well deserved and hard earned title of Club of the Year. By all means rejoice at the achievements of your fine club.
But remember magnanimity in victory. Pride often comes before a fall.
Nothing but the same old story.........

pearseog

Quote from: Passing_Interest on May 13, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
Jaysus Wanderer you really do get yourself into some pointless wee tiffs.

I refer you back to posting #1807 from January past on the Armagh Harps thread.

By all means enjoy the wonderful feeling of being Champions. Relish the thoroughfully well deserved and hard earned title of Club of the Year. By all means rejoice at the achievements of your fine club.
But remember magnanimity in victory. Pride often comes before a fall.

its been a long fall since '91

Passing_Interest

It has indeed. Very long and painful as you are aware.
But Pearse Og I think you have missed the point in what I'm trying to say about how you can come across all wrong on a forum like this
...or else I've stumbled into a silly little Ogs v Harps personality spat with my eyes closed.
Nothing but the same old story.........

thewanderer

passing, it only keeps the local rivalry talking these friendly little spats. i have great respect for a lot of the harps players and their continued efforts. its just that some harps people on the thread start little digs directly or indirectly on a regular basis so some one has to reply. ps spirit is a good lad and he knows the ogs lads and the heart ache in trying to eventually win the senior championship. in relation to the 4 in a row i was referring to the ogs and the drop outs from those teams. there has been a similar problem and maybe greater with the harps in 02/03. just pointing out that it is difficult to retain the players as they sometimes think they have it all achieved when winning minor titles. hurry up and return to the 1st division as we need the derby's and revenue.

Onion Bag

Ballymacnab 1 -11
Keady 1 - 7

poor match, very scrappy, 2 very soft goals
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

Clans 1-08 ogs 0-7 a weakened ogs team but a great all round performance from a young clans team. Well done lads first two points.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Cross Division 1 beat killeavy by 2 points

davo

took in the ogs and clans game. awful game to watch to be honest with clans deserving their win. ogs were missing nearly their full team but that's not taking away from the clans victory as they battled hard and showed good spirit. that win will get them on their way. any other results?

JUst retired

Maghery beat Dromintee by 3 points, not sure of scoreline.

wats that 4 ref

maGHERY 1-12 D`TEE 2-6 D`TEE GOT PEN IN INJURY TIME COMFORTABLE WIN FOR MAGHERY SARSFIELDS BT CRUPPEN

rattle-the-net

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on May 14, 2010, 11:07:08 PM
maGHERY 1-12 D`TEE 2-6 D`TEE GOT PEN IN INJURY TIME COMFORTABLE WIN FOR MAGHERY SARSFIELDS BT CRUPPEN

Cruppen were playing St Pats! Cruppen won by 1 or 2 i think?

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: rattle-the-net on May 14, 2010, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: wats that 4 ref on May 14, 2010, 11:07:08 PM

Cruppen were playing St Pats! Cruppen won by 1 or 2 i think?
sorry yes s`fields bt m`bawn by 2 all results now up on armagh gaa website

torres

madden bt granemore 1 13 - 1 10 .

IVEDECIDED

Clans game was actually a 4 point hammering. Ogs missed one or two goal chances but Clans missed what would have won 20 games! Dont buy too much into the Ogs absentees as they still had a strong team and Clans were msiing 4 or 5 of their stronger players too. Considering this particular Clans teams history only dates back till the start of last season its the best Ive seen them play. Keep it up lads!!