St Patrick's II          4 2 0 2 4
Killean                    3 1 0 2 2
Clady                      4 0 1 3 1
Mullabrack               3 0 0 3 0
Phelim Brady's         4 0 0 4 0
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

hurl4ever

my armagh just launched on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJuUTPPMY5c&playnext_from=TL&videos=njTxrFl6NZg&feature=sub

some good stuff on it, but is this just a football development thing?
no clips of hurling teams?
no clips of ladies football teams?
no camogie clips?
no club clips?
are these teams not as important to 'my armagh'...or is 'my armagh' just 'my armagh county footballers'?

Armamike

Although the dvd focuses on football clips my understanding of it is that this initiative is for the development of all gaelic games in Armagh, not just football. The county is already pumping a lot of money and resource into hurling so i'm sure that will continue.

It's been overdue but it's really commendable what they're trying to do. i like the fact they're scrapping the friends of Armagh and Orchard club schemes and putting one brand out there that people can buy in to. It's probably the most ambitious undertaking ever in Armagh and is going to take a helluva lot of work and effort but with the likes of Paul Kelly leading it up i would be confident that there are good people in charge who will be able to deliver it. Himself and the other speakers at the launch of this last Friday night spoke really well and were very inspiring. I just hope they can get the message out on this to as many Armagh supporters as possible.
That's just, like your opinion man.

yellowcard

This 'my Armagh' looks good in theory but with people being more selective in how they choose to spend their money I can't see this scheme taking off with the general public. I know personally my first loyalty will be to my club where I can see some real tangible benefit for the local community. After that I will support the county sure, but I don't have that same sense of attachment. From talking to fellow club members I know a lot of them would be of similar opinion. However I commend the plans and hope they can raise the finance needed.

gander

Quote from: hurl4ever on May 04, 2010, 05:59:46 PM
my armagh just launched on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJuUTPPMY5c&playnext_from=TL&videos=njTxrFl6NZg&feature=sub

some good stuff on it, but is this just a football development thing?
no clips of hurling teams?
no clips of ladies football teams?
no camogie clips?
no club clips?
are these teams not as important to 'my armagh'...or is 'my armagh' just 'my armagh county footballers'?

there should def have the hurling and club stuff, but 'my armagh' is being run by the County Board which is GAA, Ladies football and Camogie have their own organisations seperate from the GAA (rightly or wrongly)

thewanderer

look at the "my armagh" and i cant beleive that 178k was spent on armagh hurling teams in 2009. what a waste of money considering that little or no income came in from national league, sponsorship etc. i commend those hurlers in the county for playing the game but unfortunately armagh will never reach the senior hurling stage of division 1 teams. you only have to look at antrim who have great tradition and invested millions in recent years but now are going backways on the field. as gerry would say "its margaret in wonderland" to think armagh can be a top hurling county. handing out reams of playing gear etc each year does not improve the game. as for the plans of "my armagh" hopefully this will be a great success as we have stood still on the facilities within the county despite being one of the most successfull and well supported teams of the past 10 years.

gander

Quote from: thewanderer on May 05, 2010, 10:55:39 AM
look at the "my armagh" and i cant beleive that 178k was spent on armagh hurling teams in 2009. what a waste of money considering that little or no income came in from national league, sponsorship etc. i commend those hurlers in the county for playing the game but unfortunately armagh will never reach the senior hurling stage of division 1 teams. you only have to look at antrim who have great tradition and invested millions in recent years but now are going backways on the field. as gerry would say "its margaret in wonderland" to think armagh can be a top hurling county. handing out reams of playing gear etc each year does not improve the game. as for the plans of "my armagh" hopefully this will be a great success as we have stood still on the facilities within the county despite being one of the most successfull and well supported teams of the past 10 years.

whether or not Armagh Hurlers ever become one of the top teams in the country is irrelevant, thats not what the gaa is about

Onion Bag

Anyone got a full list of fixtures for this weekend
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

AFS

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 05, 2010, 01:25:10 PM
Anyone got a full list of fixtures for this weekend

Up here - http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f25/armagh-club-fixtures-w-e-sunday-9-may-2010-a-435/

Armagh Club Fixtures for w/e Sunday 9 May 2010

Wednesday 5 May
Armagh Under-21 Football Championship
1st Round – Replay (7.15)
Middletown v Maghery (Ronan Quigley)
2nd Round (7.15)
Tir na nÓg v Crossmaglen (Patrick Duffy)
Granemore v Killeavy (Kevin McNeice)
Sarsfields v Clan na Gael (Jim Slevin)
Armagh Harps v Shane O'Neill's (Stephen Murray)
St Patrick's v Pearse Og (Seamus O'Neill)
Dromintee v Corrahill Gaels Blues (Paul Boylan)
St Peter's v Wolfe Tone (Ger Devlin)
All games at 1st named team's home ground
(Extra time, if required, at all games)
All-County 'B' Football League
Section B (7.15)
Tullysaran v Collegeland (Tony O'Hare)
Grange v Annaghmore (Raymond Watters)
Section C (7.15)
Madden v Whitecross (Jim Lynch)
Section D (7.15)
Silverbridge v Carrickcruppen (Joe Murtagh)
Belleek v Mullaghbawn (Vincent O'Neill)

Friday 7 May
ACL – Div. I (7.15)
Culloville v Crossmaglen (Mickey Leonard)
Whitecross v Maghery (Paul Boylan)
Pearse Og v Carrickcruppen (Dessie McDonnell)
St Patrick's v Mullaghbawn (Ger Devlin)
Sarsfields v Dromintee (Jimmy McKee)
Killeavy v Clan na Gael (Seamus O'Neill)
ACL – Div. II (7.15)
Keady v Armagh Harps (Eamon Nugent)
St Michael's v Granemore (Jim Slevin)
Wolfe Tone v Silverbridge (Patrick Duffy)
St Peter's v Ballyhegan (Kevin McNeice)
Tir na nÓg v Madden (Tony O'Hare)
Clann Eireann v Ballymacnab (Kevin Murtagh)
ACL – Div. III (7.15)
Forkhill v An Port Mor (Raymond Watters)
Tullysaran v Eire Og (Ronan Quigley)
St Paul's v Annaghmore (Joe Murtagh)
Belleek v Lissummon (Gary Smith)
Clonmore v Shane O'Neill's (Vincent O'Neill)
ACL – Div. IV (7.15)
Crossmaglen II v Derrynoose (Kevin Gallogly)
Grange v Phelim Brady's (Stephen McKinley)
Clady v Mullabrack (Rory Robinson)
Killean v St Patrick's II (Stephen Murray)
Dorsey Emmett's v O'Hanlon's (Damian McConville)
Corrinshego v Killeavy II (Barney Henry)

Sunday 9 May
ACL – Div. I (6.30)
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og (Gary Smith)
ACL – Div. III (6.30)
Middletown v Collegeland (Patrick Duffy)

winsamsoon

Corrahill Gaels Blues  who in the name of christ are these guys splitting from or almalgamating with?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

AFS

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 05, 2010, 01:53:45 PM
Corrahill Gaels Blues  who in the name of christ are these guys splitting from or almalgamating with?

Corrinshego, Forkhill and Culloville I think. Thought it was just Corrahill Blues, don't know when the Gaels bit entered the equation.

winsamsoon

How is it possible to select a team when three team amalgamate? Who manages the team and who calls the shots? It is bound to lead to some arguments

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just organise a few training sessions beforehand and I'd say it sorts itself out. Wouldn't have thought that side would have a huge pick altogether anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Yeah but who organises these few training sessions. There are three clubs involved surely all three will want an imput and surely all three will have different opinions as to the ability of certain individuals undoubtedly leading to conflict

torres

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 05, 2010, 03:30:14 PM
How is it possible to select a team when three team amalgamate? Who manages the team and who calls the shots? It is bound to lead to some arguments
an amalgameted team from clonmore , annaghmore and collageland got to the u-16 county final in 2000 they were named st john,s . i think a kilcluney side reached the latter stages of the minor championship in the late 90,s featuring players from ballymacnab,clady and granemore . when teams cant field on their own they normally join up with their parish neighbours , still would,nt like to be a  selector though  :D