bennydorano

Where's the proposed site for thon?

Carbery

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 01, 2010, 11:51:27 AM
Quote from: orange2009 on April 30, 2010, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2010, 05:34:45 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 30, 2010, 05:28:53 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on April 30, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
Once again the elites within the Gaa are reaping the rewards of the peasants hard work and of course the peasants aren't invited
Sounds more like an excuse not to let the county men play for their clubs before the championship.

Exactly.

Folks I would just like to point your attention to why the matches were called of tonight, and if I hope that after having a good read that no one thinks that its elitist or a ploy for players not to play for their clubs.  It was actually the launch of one of the most ambitious projects that Armagh has ever undertaken, and one that will hopefully secure the future of the GAA in Armagh

www.itsmyarmagh.com

Ambitious yes Orange and i hope all works out but why didn't they just tell the clubs this instead of going about it in secret. Surely the clubs have a right to know. Speaking to our senior manager yesterday and he knew nothing about this but somehow Culloville who we were due to play were told they could call the game off, as did many other south Armagh clubs. SO is there a breakdown in communication somewhere or what has went wrong?

Wanderer on the buckfast issue, granted there are a lot in lurgan who indulge in the shite i personally don't touch it. There are actually bars in lurgan that don't sell it at all. But the baptists hall maybe your best shot

Surely the clubs in Armagh were told about and invited to this launch - if not then what role does the clubs play in the county?

wats that 4 ref

maghery beat the highmoss 3-12 2-13 last night maghery were flying 1st half taking some great flowing scores including 2 goals .started 2nd half much the same taking a 14 point lead then after a few changes they seem to stop and let high moss back into the game sarsfields scoreing 2-4 in the last 5 mins r so.

winsamsoon

Sarsfields have gone backwards something shocking by these results. Though scoring 2-13 should be enough to win most games which indicates the problems lie in defence
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

torres

GRANEMORE 0-12 - 0-5 SILVERBRIDGE .

TacadoirArdMhacha

Division 4 – St Patrick's II 0-7 Dorsey Emmets 1-10

A large crowd were in attendance at St Patrick's Park to witness this much anticipated local derby as the Dorsey Emmets senior side met a St Pat's team for the first time since the formation of the Emmets at the start of the last decade. Both sides showed signs of early nerves missing scorable opportunities but it was Dorsey who got the opening score of the match after a quick free kick. Shane O'Neill levelled matters 8 minutes in with a fine catch and well taken point. Conor Campbell took advantage of some lax Cullyhanna defending to put his side back in front but Cullyhanna forged into the lead with a long range Shane O'Neill point from play and a brilliant Rory O'Neill free from the right touchline. Two Dorsey points regained their advantage as the game ebbed and flowed, however in the last 10 minutes of the first half, St Pat's enjoyed their best spell of the match with points from Shane O'Neill and Brendan Murray, as well as a fine score from Tony Durnin putting Cullyhanna 2 points clear after 27 minutes. But disaster struck 2 minutes from halftime when some very naïve defending left Gary Mackin in space in the penalty area and when the ball was played in, the Dorsey man made no mistake in finding the net to put his side 1-4 to 0-6 ahead at the break.

Cullyhanna will certainly have been very disappointed to have trailed at half-time given that they had marginally the better of the first half exchanges but unfortunately a number of scorable wides and some slack defending meant that their territorial dominance was not translated into a half-time lead. While the game appeared to be wide open at half-time, the second half proved to be a severe disappointment to the Cullyhanna lads who were dominated by their parish neighbours in almost all facets of play. In a second half marred by the dismissal of a player from both sides for 2 yellow card infractions each, Dorsey reeled off 5 points in a row to secure victory as the St Pat's side ran out of steam. A late Brendan Nugent point was the only consolation for St Pat's as Dorsey ran out convincing victors. While the players will no doubt be disappointed at the result and second half performance, they should take heart from the manner in which they competed in the first period especially considering that they were facing a side who were challenging for promotion last year and have infinitely more experience of 4th Division football than the Cullyhanna team in their first season in the All County League.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

madden 2-08 newtown 0-08
tirnanog 0-06 ballymacnab 1-11

torres

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 03, 2010, 04:00:11 PM
madden 2-08 newtown 0-08
tirnanog 0-06 ballymacnab 1-11
bit of a shock result madden beating the previously unbeaten st michaels , what,s wrong with tir na nog this season i thought they,ed be challenging at the top end of the division . the nab and granemore remain unbeaten after 4 games .

thewanderer

torres not that big of a shock as madden are hard to beat at home especially with feeney playing and some of their injured players back im told. when s the big derby games for yous nab and harps that will tell u more on the promotion front.

Triggerhappy

just been looking at the "MyArmagh" document and i am impressed with the proposals for the new centre of excellence. Has anyone any idea where it is to be located?

Onion Bag

Armagh Centre of Excellence approx cost £3.7 million  30-35 acre site

Tyrone Centre of Excellence approx cost £6 miilion 40 acre site

are we doing this job on the cheap or is it going to be a shit hole in comparison to our neighbours
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

charlie stubbs

can anyone post the u21 fixtures for this week?cheers

thewanderer

onion always the doubting Thomas. do you think anyone spending 3.7 million will develop a shit hole as you state would be bonkers. Two factors you havent considered 1) land is cheaper now and or it may be on a long term lease from a public body. 2 development costs are much more competitive than a year ago. havin spoke to club tyrone people they estimate that if they wer starting again now you could knock 20-30% of the cost. So dry your eyes and contribute to the development instead of always being negative but still wanting the best but with no input.
ps Charlie just been given a fixtures book thks.

Onion Bag

Quote from: thewanderer on May 04, 2010, 12:03:29 PM
onion always the doubting Thomas. do you think anyone spending 3.7 million will develop a shit hole as you state would be bonkers. Two factors you havent considered 1) land is cheaper now and or it may be on a long term lease from a public body. 2 development costs are much more competitive than a year ago. havin spoke to club tyrone people they estimate that if they wer starting again now you could knock 20-30% of the cost. So dry your eyes and contribute to the development instead of always being negative but still wanting the best but with no input.
ps Charlie just been given a fixtures book thks.

Ok Ok Ok calm down man, i was only comparing the 2

Doubting Thomas?
Always being Negative?
Dry my eyes?
Want the best and input nothing?

explain

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

I think they are self explanatory Onion bag lol ;) ;) ;) Though i must state i am only on the wind up
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.