Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: naka on April 13, 2010, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2010, 09:31:35 AM
, on the hit itself i thought it was a very poor challenge and one I'm sure any true Gael would not be proud off.
so this was an accidental challenge, dont like the insinuation that it was deliberate
Don't know how you can accidentally shoulder somebody in the head... If you mean was there malice involved then the answer is probably not.
Regarding medical personnel, it is fortunate that this match was in Lurgan as the rapid response crowd could get there in minutes. Had it been the back arse of S.Armagh it would have meant a longer wait. Good point though as there doesn't seen to be any policy covering this issue at club level.

thewanderer

win spoke to someone from claneirann club who confirmed that a doctor was present and attended immediately. all other medical personnel attended asap which was great. know what u mean about having proper medical attendance at games only that order of Malta was at ogs / harps game a few years ago there could have been a fatality when a player swallowed his tongue. dont agree with the witch hunt on kelly I'm sure he didn't mean to break his jaw. may have been a rash challenge but i bet kelly regrets it now.

IVEDECIDED

The doctor was Sean Mac dermot who plays for Clan Eireann and was only there because they were training after the game.

torres

firstly i,d like to wish ronan a speedy recovery as he,s had enough injuries in the past to do him , cant comment on the lad who commited the challenge but hope it was,nt delibrate , unlike the lad in the clann eirann v granemore game who not only threw a potentinly dangerous punch from behind which could have done ontold damage [ which thankfully did,nt ] but then added insult to the injury by kicking thegrounded  player he felled [ and not even a booking ],  all totally against the spirit of the game , at the end of the day its only a game and no  one  should be put in a life threntening position because of it .

winsamsoon

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 13, 2010, 08:57:00 PM
The doctor was Sean Mac dermot who plays for Clan Eireann and was only there because they were training after the game.

So there would have been little or no help at the game if this lad hadn't been there for training. Totally not acceptable IMO

Also i am not involved in a witch hunt on Kelly as i didn't see the incident and am only going on second hand knowledge, therefore couldn't possibly accuse him of intent.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Ive no doubt he meant to hit him but not in the way that he did and certainly not to do any damage. IMO it was one of those challenges that was on the verge of being dirty but could also have been a perfect challenge only for a split second. These happen all the time and are part of the game. Unfortunatley in this case it has resulted in someone being hurt but its a full contact sport lads and these things, although worrying, are inevitable from time to time. Ive heard that Kelly was very apologetic and went straight to the hospital after the game to talk to Ronan and his family. A regrettable situation no doubt, especially for Ronan and the Clans, but thats our sport - if you dont like it take up its faggoty cousin - soccer!! lol ;D ;D

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 14, 2010, 11:01:57 AM
Ive no doubt he meant to hit him but not in the way that he did and certainly not to do any damage. IMO it was one of those challenges that was on the verge of being dirty but could also have been a perfect challenge only for a split second. These happen all the time and are part of the game. Unfortunatley in this case it has resulted in someone being hurt but its a full contact sport lads and these things, although worrying, are inevitable from time to time. Ive heard that Kelly was very apologetic and went straight to the hospital after the game to talk to Ronan and his family. A regrettable situation no doubt, especially for Ronan and the Clans, but thats our sport - if you dont like it take up its faggoty cousin - soccer!! lol ;D ;D

Correct
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on April 14, 2010, 12:10:57 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 14, 2010, 11:01:57 AM

Correct

i agree with you ivedecided and wouldnt have thought he wanted to cause damage to austy but the thing i didnt like was him having a quare laugh as he was being booked and young ronan out cold on the ground

winsamsoon

Sure the boys from South Armagh think we play soccer anyway :D ;)

thewanderer

win surely clans have a medical person/physio with their senior team who would have emergency first aid training. most senior clubs i know have them and pay for their services and if they dont they would need too as its as important as the manager?

winsamsoon

Maybe i am doing the girl they have a  diservice but she strikes me of more as massus than a  proper doctor(if that's how you spell it) certainly the medical kits wouldn't be acceptable in the case of a real emergency (this much is fact)

thewanderer

well candy see u in the back ground. have u got the old boots polished for the season. hoping to oust one of the young pretenders? ;)

illdecide

With Armagh playing Down next Sunday I'll expect the games for that Sunday to be played either the Fri night or Sat evening, the problem is we have to go to Crossmaglen on a Fri night and leaving Lurgan to get to Cross for an early throw in will be tough going... ???

Has anyone heard what the County Board have proposed for next weekend?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on April 16, 2010, 11:17:30 AM
With Armagh playing Down next Sunday I'll expect the games for that Sunday to be played either the Fri night or Sat evening, the problem is we have to go to Crossmaglen on a Fri night and leaving Lurgan to get to Cross for an early throw in will be tough going... ???

Has anyone heard what the County Board have proposed for next weekend?

illdecide know our game v keady is friday 7.15...

thewanderer

you can arrange ur games for fri or sat by mutual agreement otherwise they will be fixed for friday at 7.15pm.