el_cuervo_fc

Armagh All-County League Results for w/e Sunday 11 April 2010

Division I
Mullaghbawn 0-8; Crossmaglen 0-10
Pearse Og 3-13; Sarsfields 1-11
Killeavy 2-5; Maghery 1-12
Culloville 1-9; Dromintee 0-9
St Patrick's 0-8; Whitecross 0-16
Clan na Gael v Carrickcruppen (Monday 12th April at 7.30pm)

Division II
Silverbridge 1-8; Tir na nÓg 1-8
St Peter's 0-6; St Michael's 0-13
Keady 2-8; Madden 0-8
Clann Eireann 1-11; Granemore 1-13
Wolfe Tone 1-8; Ballymacnab 1-12
Armagh Harps 1-13; Ballyhegan 2-6

Division III
Tullysaran 1-11; Belleek 0-3
Middletown 1-9; St Paul's 0-11
Forkhill 1-9; Lissummon 1-10
Clonmore 2-6; Collegeland 0-12
Shane O'Neill's defeated Eire Og
An Port Mor 1-6; Annaghmore 1-14

Division IV
Phelim Brady's 2-8; St Patrick's 2-11
Crossmaglen II v Killean
Clady 0-6; Corrinshego 0-8
Dorsey Emmett's 2-7; Derrynoose 1-11
Grange 0-13; Killeavey II 1-8
O'Hanlon's 0-10; Mullabrack 0-8

Taken from Armaghgaa.net

RealSpiritof98

Just want to say well done to the Armagh Minor Hurlers, that is some achievement winning the ulster minor league and something that can not be looked over. I remember playing these games ten years ago and getting absolutely tanked.  Hopelfully they can hold it together kick on and give the C'ship a good rattle, although Antrim, Down and Derry will probably bring more to the table. Any reports on the game?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2010, 06:12:35 PM
Harps beat Ballyheagan by 5 last night, 1.13 to 2.5.  Ballyheagan could have been well in front at HT but a missed pen and another gilt edged goal chance.  We stepped it up in the 2nd and ran out comfortable enough winners.  Couple of promising performances from Deccie McKenna and Paddy McCoy, both minors last year. 

Good to see Paul McGrane playing again, still a magnificent fielder, him and Holmes had a good battle.  Ballyhegan are a strong enough looking outfit this year, and not distracted by county committments could suprise a few in Div 2.

You missed the last free for Ballyhegan. McGrane was superb, lorded midfield I thought. Pity Paddy McKeever wasn't at the races.
Davitts couldn't follow the strong 1st half performance &  Harps had a great 2nd half where young McCoy & Kevin Kelly were very dangerous. Mckenna is a big lad, will be a super asset.

Good to see Paul Courtney back in action... obviously ring rusty, but he'll be a great help this year.

Easy game to ref... but might as well give him credit he was very good.

charlie stubbs

would anyone have a list of the league fixtures for the year?  had them off orchard county but seem to have misplaced them.  thanks

mhacadoir

the middletown v St Pauls match finished 1-11 to 0-12 to Middletown

winsamsoon

Clans game abandoned 10 min into second half. Player badly injured cruppen were winning
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lurganblue

Cruppin were 9 - 5 up before the game had to be stopped due to a serious injury.

Close enough game up until then. Looked like the clans were starting to come back into it. Cruppin took some very good scores and looked sharp up front. Always seemed to have a lot of options.

illdecide

Cruppin deservedly in the lead at half time 0-09 - 0-04, 2nd half Clans seemed to have upped their game a bit and pulled a point back to 0-09 0-05 but 8 min into 2nd half a David Kelly hit to the side of the face on Ronan Austin resulted on a broken jaw and the game abandoned due to the player out cold on the pitch waiting on an ambulance. The wait was over 30 mins and players had got cold so ref decided to call it off, on the hit itself i thought it was a very poor challenge and one I'm sure any true Gael would not be proud off.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ulick

When you say hit are we talking a dig here?

illdecide

Quote from: Ulick on April 13, 2010, 11:39:21 AM
When you say hit are we talking a dig here?

No, shoulder into face. Not a punch (sorry should have stated that)

winsamsoon

Have witnessed tackles like this before in Gaelic football and i have to say they should not be acceptable in any circumstance. Didn't see last nights incident but i did witness a certain beaver doing it on Philly Oldham (who is no small lad) Oldham was out cold and actually took a fit, very frightening and a sight i wouldn't want to witness again. The fact that Kelly only got a yellow last night (from what i hear) says it all. Hope Ronan gets well soon as he hasn't had much luck on the injury front lately.

On a similiar  note i also think it is a disgrace in Gaelic football that an injured player has to lie on the field for 30 mins with little or no full medical help. This is an issue that clubs must tackle and the GAA should be trying to ensure that someone with medical background is present at all time. In the event of serious injuries the first few minutes can be crucial and you don't want someone who thinks they know what they are doing, wading in and doing something wrong. No player in the modern game should be lying on a cold surface for 30 minutes, the potential risks are endless ie shock. I think this is an issue that needs to be seriously looked at before someone dies on the field of play. I would be interested to know are the any clubs in Armagh that have a particular policy that covers this. My own club certainly doesn't and it seems like a problem that will only become an issue when someone is seriously hurt.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 13, 2010, 01:58:30 PM
Have witnessed tackles like this before in Gaelic football and i have to say they should not be acceptable in any circumstance. Didn't see last nights incident but i did witness a certain beaver doing it on Philly Oldham (who is no small lad) Oldham was out cold and actually took a fit, very frightening and a sight i wouldn't want to witness again. The fact that Kelly only got a yellow last night (from what i hear) says it all. Hope Ronan gets well soon as he hasn't had much luck on the injury front lately.

On a similiar  note i also think it is a disgrace in Gaelic football that an injured player has to lie on the field for 30 mins with little or no full medical help. This is an issue that clubs must tackle and the GAA should be trying to ensure that someone with medical background is present at all time. In the event of serious injuries the first few minutes can be crucial and you don't want someone who thinks they know what they are doing, wading in and doing something wrong. No player in the modern game should be lying on a cold surface for 30 minutes, the potential risks are endless ie shock. I think this is an issue that needs to be seriously looked at before someone dies on the field of play. I would be interested to know are the any clubs in Armagh that have a particular policy that covers this. My own club certainly doesn't and it seems like a problem that will only become an issue when someone is seriously hurt.

Win in fairness there was a doctor with him within minutes and he talked to medical staff from a mob phone giving his condition etc i don't know where he came from but it certainly looks like it was just concidence that he was there. You could see him lying there after about 30mins on the ground shaking with the cold (people did have him wrapped in tops etc but not enough) in saying that maybe they were not allowed to move him incase there was neck injury and made him worse. It was def not nice to see it and as you mention thats a few now that i've came across in my time and it's a few too many but unfortunately i don't think there is a whole lot you can do about it.

BTW a medical car with doctor was there within 5 minutes and an ambulance after 15 min to which they treated him for 20 mins on pitch so i have to praise them for being there so quickly

naka

Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2010, 09:31:35 AM
, on the hit itself i thought it was a very poor challenge and one I'm sure any true Gael would not be proud off.
so this was an accidental challenge, dont like the insinuation that it was deliberate

illdecide

Quote from: naka on April 13, 2010, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2010, 09:31:35 AM
, on the hit itself i thought it was a very poor challenge and one I'm sure any true Gael would not be proud off.
so this was an accidental challenge, dont like the insinuation that it was deliberate

Who knows? there is only one man who can answer that and that's Kelly himself

winsamsoon

As i say i wasn't there but the lack of professional help present at games is a very worrying prospect