Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 08, 2010, 04:54:48 PM
What about a prediction league lads? Shouldn't be too hard to organise as there wouldn't be that many entering it week after week I wouldn't have thought.

Is that u volunteering?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 08, 2010, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 08, 2010, 04:54:48 PM
What about a prediction league lads? Shouldn't be too hard to organise as there wouldn't be that many entering it week after week I wouldn't have thought.

Is that u volunteering?

Yeah I can have a go at it. Can we get a reliable fixture list online anywhere anymore since the demise of Orchard County?

What sort of format would people like? Just 1 point per correct prediction? Should there be extra points for predicting away wins?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

Is there too much work in putting in a spread ala the conventional predictions here?

davo

The new season is finally upon us. i think it is going to be a very interesting season ahead. the league will no doubt bring some shock results with alot of the so called big teams missing their county men. interested to see what dromintee do this year as in all honesty they were pretty poor last year but i still think they are one of the top teams along with ogs and cross

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 09, 2010, 10:05:06 AM

Is there too much work in putting in a spread ala the conventional predictions here?

The main problem I'd have with a spread system is that I wouldn't really have too much of an idea about what's going on in the lower divisions so we'd need a divisional expert for each league if we went with spreads.

CountyGK

Ulster Minor Hurling League Division 1 Final
Armagh v Down
@ Portaferry, 12pm on 10.04.2010

All support welcome!

drici

Quote from: CountyGK on April 09, 2010, 03:49:58 PM
Armagh v Down
@ Portaferry, 12pm on 10.04.2010

All support welcome!

We're getting the boat to the match.

charlie stubbs

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Patrick's II 2-12 Phelim Brady's 2-9

Is that the first match of the year then? Exciting enough match, we should have been well out of sight in the first half only for bad wides but we handed them a couple of goals either side of half-time which gave Darkley a bit of momentum. They dominated the first part of the second half and led by 2 points at one stage. We were lucky enough to win in the end, a penalty 10 minutes from time being the decisive score.

Darkley's pitch wouldn't be the greatest.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 09, 2010, 09:55:04 PM

Is that the first match of the year then? Exciting enough match, we should have been well out of sight in the first half only for bad wides but we handed them a couple of goals either side of half-time which gave Darkley a bit of momentum. They dominated the first part of the second half and led by 2 points at one stage. We were lucky enough to win in the end, a penalty 10 minutes from time being the decisive.

What would the make up of your IIs be? Anything similar to your B-team last year, and is your senior squad streamlined as a result? Does anyone know if there were any other games on tonight?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 09, 2010, 10:52:10 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 09, 2010, 09:55:04 PM

Is that the first match of the year then? Exciting enough match, we should have been well out of sight in the first half only for bad wides but we handed them a couple of goals either side of half-time which gave Darkley a bit of momentum. They dominated the first part of the second half and led by 2 points at one stage. We were lucky enough to win in the end, a penalty 10 minutes from time being the decisive.

What would the make up of your IIs be? Anything similar to your B-team last year, and is your senior squad streamlined as a result? Does anyone know if there were any other games on tonight?

The Seconds team this year wouldn't really be as good as the B side that played those couple of games against youse in the championship last year. There would have been a lot of good footballers of 18 / 19 playing for the Bs last year who are in the First division squad now. The 1st division and 4th division squads are run entirely separately. The best 25 or so at the club are with the Firsts so the Seconds are managing with what's left after that. Still had 23 or 24 togged out tonight so numbers aren't the issue.

CountyGK

Armagh 0-16
Down 2-06

Champions!!

fitzroyalty

Granmore beat Clann Eireann in the league tonight, any other scores?

ArmaghGAAforum

IVEDECIDED