Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: torres on March 29, 2010, 04:05:28 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on March 29, 2010, 02:03:45 PM
but it comes to the crunch games like last year v harps o connor is found wanting. its one thing scoring in challenges and certain league games but it has to count in the big games.
come of it wanderer he had 3/4 effort,s at the post,s which were narrowly of target while having 2 men hanging on him , i could say that andy mallon is a very good man marker who regularly snuffs out the dangermen  but as seen many times this season including the county final and lately for armagh is that he struggles under the high ball . 8)

Just because you read something in a newspaper doesn't make it Gospel Torres.

mackers

but it comes to the crunch games like last year v harps o connor is found wanting. its one thing scoring in challenges and certain league games but it has to count in the big games.
come of it wanderer he had 3/4 effort,s at the post,s which were narrowly of target while having 2 men hanging on him , i could say that andy mallon is a very good man marker who regularly snuffs out the dangermen  but as seen many times this season including the county final and lately for armagh is that he struggles under the high ball . 8)
I know you're only winding but where the fcuk did Heaney get that one from?? He referred to the county final against Clans (???) and said he struggled against Nippy. Nippy, for obvious reasons, had a poor enough game, don't remember Andy struggling aerially with him..........Jaysus one mistake against Down and now Andy Mallon is weak under a high ball!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thewanderer

Torres u dont have the success as a player like andy being poor under high balls. i think any county in ireland would have andy in corner back, never mind club teams.

fitzroyalty

has he been tried at county level?

pintsofguinness

Did O'Connor ever learn to pass the ball?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Think some of you lads are way off the mark with Mallon. He's a super player, that shite about the high ball baffles me as does the comments about swift. I watched the county final and if anything Swift was brutal in the air ( i seem to rememeber someone saying he had a broken thumb for the second half) Granted mallon doesn't make superb catches but neither does his man and the comment about passing i don't know where this is coming from pints. He does a simple job very well. If we had 6 defenders like him we would be hard to beat.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 29, 2010, 07:05:04 PM
Think some of you lads are way off the mark with Mallon. He's a super player, that shite about the high ball baffles me as does the comments about swift. I watched the county final and if anything Swift was brutal in the air ( i seem to rememeber someone saying he had a broken thumb for the second half) Granted mallon doesn't make superb catches but neither does his man and the comment about passing i don't know where this is coming from pints. He does a simple job very well. If we had 6 defenders like him we would be hard to beat.
I'm on about O'Connor, not mallon.

winsamsoon

I think the time of your edit indicates that you added something onto that post as it didn't read like that first time round ie no mention of O'Connor, hence the confusion.

illdecide

The height thing was brought into it when i said if that lad O'Connor was a bit bigger he may well have had a few trials with Armagh and some how that was transfered over to A Mallon who i believe bar one mistake is excellent under the high ball and is one of the most complete corner backs in Ireland. If A Mallon was marking O'Connor in a championship game i would expect Andy to come out on top 90% of the time but there is no doubting that O'connor can take a score.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

davo

i would say any team in ireland would have andy mallon as their corner back. Total nonsense about him being poor under the high ball and total nonsense that he struggled against Nippy Swift. Swift was poor in the county final.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 29, 2010, 10:49:17 PM
I think the time of your edit indicates that you added something onto that post as it didn't read like that first time round ie no mention of O'Connor, hence the confusion.
Yeah I edited after your post to make it clear I was on about o'Connor

winsamsoon

Hence the confusion pints but we now know what you were on about.

Long Ball

Castlewellan Invitational Sevens
Sponsored by Azzurri

A Chara

I have pleasure in inviting your Club to participate in our Invitational seven-a-side senior football competition which will be held on Saturday 1st May 2010 in Castlewellan Co. Down. Our Club has been running a very successful men's annual seven-a-side competition for the past 30 years second only in stature to the Dublin Kilmacud Sevens with winners of the Castlewellan sevens receiving invitations each year to enter the prestigious Kilmacud Seven held on the eve of the All-Ireland final. Indeed many of the Castlewellan Sevens winners have gone on to win the Kilmacud Sevens in the same year.

Traditionally the Castlewellan Sevens have beed held on the eve of the All-Ireland hurling final but due to increasing club commitments at this time of years we have decided to relaunch our sevens competition in 2010 for the earlier date of Saturday May 1st. Also for the first time ever we will be hosting our Ladies annual seven-a-side competition on the same day. The winning team in each competitions this year will receive £1000.00 and runners-up £250.

This is an official GAA tournament and normal GAA rules apply, each participating club must obtain permission in writing from its respective County Committee. It is also a requirement that clubs are covered under the Players' Injury Scheme currently approved by Ard Chomhairle.

The Sevens are of course more than a highly competitive one-day competition. It is always a great social occasion and we can guarantee you a warm Co Down welcome to Castlewellan and to our Clubrooms where we will provide top quality meals for all players and officials and host a grand evenings entertainment. Many Clubs opt to stay over in some of the Town's fine guesthouses and local hotels a list of which is also attached.

I look forward to welcoming you to our Club on Saturday 1st May. A competition of this level with top quality prizes and meals for all competitors and officials makes it necessary for us to set a fee to off-set the expenses involved, the entry fee this year is £160stg per team or €180, please make cheques payable to Castlewellan G.A.C. Entry forms may be posted to secretary.castlewellan.down@gaa.ie

For further details of the competition including past winners etc please visit our website at  http://castlewellangac.webs.com/castlewellan7s.htm

Mise le mor-mheas

Rónán O'Cionga

Ronan O Cionga
Runai
Drive yer boot in her!!

illdecide

The Killeavey 7's must have caused a ripple :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch