Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 18, 2007, 06:40:40 PM
QuoteGoalkeepers: P Hearty, C McKinney

Defenders: F Bellew, B Donaghy, P Duffy, K Dyas, A Kernan, A Mallon, T McClelland, P McCreesh, K McGeeney, C McKeever, E McNulty, F Moriarty

Midfielders: P McGrane (capt), P Loughran, K Toner, C Vernon

Forwards: S Forker, P Keenan, S Kernan, J Lavery, M Machin, D Marsden, O McConville, S McDonnell, P McKeever, Martin O'Rourke, P Toal, R Clarke, B Mallon

I wouldnt have the players in bold on the panel.  I'm amazed swift was dropped, I'll be amazed if it's confirmed young O'Rourke didnt make it. 
As for Stephen Kernan, well what can you say! I'm embarrassed for him, it's even more embarrassing than the big picture they've stuck to the window of the house  ::)

What picture?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tir na nÓg

Why would you not have McClelland on the panel? I thought he has played well this year. I def wouldn't have the other three that you have highlighted in bold. Apparently it was lack of effort/wrong attitude for Swift but thats only a rumour I heard.

Sandy Hill

Aiden O'Rourke instead of P McCreesh and, anyone, but particularly M O'Rourke instead of S Kernan!
"Stercus accidit"

Orior

The team announced is a mixture of the very yound and the very old, with Aaron Kernan and Martic O'Rourke in the middle.

Afraid to say but it looks like it will be a short summer.

The minors dont seem to be that hot either.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Orior there is/was (I don't know if it's still there) a big picture stuck up on one of the windows of the house of the boys togged out in the rangers stuff.  It's a pity, they don't seem bad lads. (I was in the rangers hall the night they were running a big fundraiser and they were the only county players there and Aaron spent the night selling raffle tickets)

Tirnanog I just don't think he's up to it, no harm to the lad.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Haha Harold, Jesus man you are talking some tripe. So please one last time are you honestly saying no Tir Na Nog fans with drink in them stormed the field and attacked Dromintee players? It would be surreal if you denied this.

rolloutking

How can people say this team is past. This is a totally new team from previous years. From the hoganstand panel there's only 10 players from 2002. The post about the panel having the very young and very old is true but it may be the right blend. A well oiled machine ready for action.

Anyone know if Nippy, Paul Kernan, wtc will still be training with the panel?

ans as for stephen kernan ffs catch a gud tight grip o ur tool.

Donagh

Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2007, 09:37:24 PM
The team announced is a mixture of the very yound and the very old, with Aaron Kernan and Martic O'Rourke in the middle.

Afraid to say but it looks like it will be a short summer.

The minors dont seem to be that hot either.

Ach don't be so pessimistic Orior. If we can survive the first few rounds of the qualifiers and gradually get Clarke and Mallon up to match fitness with Marsden a bit sharper there'll be enough there to put it up to any team in the country.

corn02

Armagh are a championship team, a cliche i know. But true! Well by feck I hope so.

armaghniac

QuoteIf we can survive the first few rounds of the qualifiers and gradually get Clarke and Mallon up to match fitness with Marsden a bit sharper there'll be enough there to put it up to any team in the country.

But survival will cause a few gray hairs among the fans before then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

One question becae i know he will start in the championship. How can Mc Geeney be match fit? People are talking about Marsden not being sharp. I can tell you he is a hell of a lot fitter in terms of running ability than mc Geeney. This man will be playing at the heart of our defence. I am not criticising him( because of his past with the county) but i think Kernan would need to bear this in mind.
         I also wouldn't like to think the rumour of death threats were true. What ever happened to just beating lumps out of each other and forgetting about it ater the game.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: holylandsniper on April 18, 2007, 04:12:25 PM
Shocking squad,
QuoteGoalkeepers: P Hearty, C McKinney

Defenders: F Bellew, B Donaghy, P Duffy, K Dyas, A Kernan, A Mallon, T McClelland, P McCreesh, K McGeeney, C McKeever, E McNulty, F Moriarty

Midfielders: P McGrane (capt), P Loughran, K Toner, C Vernon

Forwards: S Forker, P Keenan, S Kernan, J Lavery, M Machin, D Marsden, O McConville, S McDonnell, P McKeever, Martin O'Rourke, P Toal, R Clarke, B Mallon
Bold highlighting my p;ayers who would not make panel,

I'm surprised so many would look rid of Paddy McKeever. At a time when we are struggling for scoring forwards, why on earth would you let Paddy go??

ard mhaca abu

QuoteI'm surprised so many would look rid of Paddy McKeever. At a time when we are struggling for scoring forwards, why on earth would you let Paddy go??

dont get me wrong think paddy is well worth his place but he hasnt been performin up to scratch of late!

holylandsniper

QuoteI'm surprised so many would look rid of Paddy McKeever. At a time when we are struggling for scoring forwards, why on earth would you let Paddy go??
Goats you obviously have yet to Armagh play this year, i'd expect a scoring forward to score 21 yard free.
Any ideas why Swift is gone?

Goats Do Shave

I've seen Armagh quite a bit this year - all the home games & Galway.

It is not a coincidence that Armagh's half forward line doesn't impress. The play is by passing them, as Armagh play direct football to the full forward line.

Martin O'Rourke features strongly because it is his job to get in round the midfielders for the breaking ball.

Maybe he should be played in the full forward line...like he is at Ballyhegan this last couple of years!?