Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on April 17, 2007, 01:49:17 PM
I think it was when the referee was leaving some players who hadnt stripped out came onto the pitch.
Not from either club
Wasnt at the game & only heard what has been said on this forum.
Tir na nOg, how many players have you out injured? Why werent the players stripped out?
Sounds like by saying the people on the field were players who hadnt stripped out is a bit of a get out clause-IMHO

Uladh

Whitecross v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)    Crossmaglen
Clan na Gael v Harps (Kevin Murtagh)         Harps
Dromintee v Culloville (Eamon Nugent)       Dromintee
Maghery v Tir na nÓg (Jim Slevin)              Maghery
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice)  Mullaghbawn

Portydown

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on April 16, 2007, 06:46:28 PM
With the greatest of respect pog, thats a well peddled line against the o'rourkes, marty especially. i've been watching dromintee a long time and i've never seen marty o'rourke throw a dirty dig. he is very physical and robust, goes for everything, takes every opportunity to hit the opposition in the tackle and is a cantankerous fcuker but i've never seen him throw a box or kick anyone on the ground. it certainly didn't happen yesterday. obviously he's very difficult for the opposition to deal with and keep their composure and he played well for the brief period he was on yesterday. aidan just gets on with playing football. cathal on the other hand gets involved when he shouldn't and after roasting the full back in the first half got some tight "treatment" in the second. rightly so. that led to 3 or 4 skirmishes with his marker. cathal is singled out for blame on forums like this without mention of the ogs man because noone knows who the ogs player is.

well he did kick the tir na nog substitue! i should know...i have seen his his big nose and it reveals the evidence!

lurganblue

my predictions last week were good  ::) but sure i'll give it another go...

Whitecross v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)    Crossmaglen
Clan na Gael v Harps (Kevin Murtagh)         Clans
Dromintee v Culloville (Eamon Nugent)       Dromintee
Maghery v Tir na nÓg (Jim Slevin)              Maghery
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice)  Pearse Og

Portydown

Quote from: Final Countdown on April 16, 2007, 07:39:03 PM
"Martin O'Rourke was on the pitch no more than 2 minutes and he kicked a Portadown man in the face."

Game was terrible to watch but agree with adavoyle why would Dromintee put a county player on with 5 minutes to go 1 point down to start a fight. Jus shows the typical townies. Marty hada jump over him after he nailed him with a fair shoulder. There was a bit of handbags during the game with Dromintees No14 and the Ogs No 4 but at the final whistle it was Ogs No 4 that started the row again. As for the drunkards what is it the GSE (Garvaghy Street elite)? Cant tolerate that Hooligan culture!   

"nailed him with a fair shoulder" u say!? the tir na nog forward was bending down to pick up the ball and was hit by an illegal tackle from o'rourke who then decided to leave the boot in! and also the tir na nog lad wudnt have fell in a 50/50 shoulder challenge with o'rourke. i think it was young cusack and trust me, o'rourke would have came off worse!

in my view o'rourke was sent on to do 1 thing..and that was to start trouble and he succeeded! what sort of role model is he for the kids?? disgraceful i say!

^number 1 fan^

Tir na nÓg

QuoteMaghery v Tir na nÓg (Jim Slevin)              Maghery

Surely Tir na nÓg have got to be favourites considering maghery will be without Lavery and Forker! Cant see those two fellas being allowed to play with the u21 match the next day.

Aghdavoyle

Was there a free kick given for this alleged "assault"? Bear in mind McKee is virtually a non contact ref... Fair shoulder, your man was knocked over and dropped the ball.

You are obviously an idiot.

Do the decent thing and delete your brand new account

Tir na nÓg

It was a fair shoulder from O'Rourke but it was the fact that he kicked the player in the face that annoyed alot of the Tir na nÓg support. As for Jimmy McKee he just infuriated everyone with the terrible decisions he was making throughout the whole match. He consulted both umpires the time that Cathal O'Rourke punched the corner back in the head and still done nothing about it.

Aghdavoyle

McKee was as bad for both sides. are you really complaining that he took no action over something he didn't see. the umpire consultation would've went as follows:

tirnanog umpire: "he punched him". dromintee umpire "he never touched him".

edit - i never saw any kick, nor has anyone mentioned one til now. clean tackle from where i stood.

winsamsoon

I agree totally about the consultation of the two non neutral umpires. So how then Tir Na Og would you expext Jimmy Mc kee( who is a p***k) to take the word of them two. Maybe the county board could look at having  one neutral umpire at each side of the field. But i understand it would be tight on numbers as it is difficult enough to get refs. But with this incident and the one in tyrone it is time something was done.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Tir na nÓg

I never once said that jimmy mc kee wasnt as bad for both sides. He made terrible decision throughout the whole game for both teams.

Well I would have been a hell of alot closer to the tackle than you and he kicked the fella in the face, there is no doubt about that.

At the end of the day like someone has already mentioned if Dromintee would have scored a goal in the last few minutes and won there would have been no fighting, they would have shaken hands and said hard luck lads but because they were beat they couldn't take it. Sore losers.

Edited to say - I agree that that would have been the way the conversation would have went

Aghdavoyle

Noone i've spoken to sawa kick either. is it possible there was accidental contact when he hurdled your man on the ground to get the ball?

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on April 17, 2007, 04:25:43 PM
At the end of the day like someone has already mentioned if Dromintee would have scored a goal in the last few minutes and won there would have been no fighting, they would have shaken hands and said hard luck lads but because they were beat they couldn't take it. Sore losers.

crystal ball gazing now. so there was a massive punch up last year when tir na nog beat dromintee too then?

Tir na nÓg

I would have said that if I was standing on the hill because it would have looked that way, but when he was doing down you seen him intentionally kicking his boot out!

pintsofguinness

QuoteBut with this incident and the one in tyrone it is time something was done.
Don't hold your breath.

You know there's nothing worse than a bad winner and the way you're going on on this thread you'd think yous never won a game before!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangegael

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on April 16, 2007, 06:46:28 PM
With the greatest of respect pog, thats a well peddled line against the o'rourkes, marty especially. i've been watching dromintee a long time and i've never seen marty o'rourke throw a dirty dig. he is very physical and robust, goes for everything, takes every opportunity to hit the opposition in the tackle and is a cantankerous fcuker but i've never seen him throw a box or kick anyone on the ground. it certainly didn't happen yesterday. obviously he's very difficult for the opposition to deal with and keep their composure and he played well for the brief period he was on yesterday. aidan just gets on with playing football. cathal on the other hand gets involved when he shouldn't and after roasting the full back in the first half got some tight "treatment" in the second. rightly so. that led to 3 or 4 skirmishes with his marker. cathal is singled out for blame on forums like this without mention of the ogs man because noone knows who the ogs player is.