Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Lads I'm looking for a bit of historical info here, some of you more knowledgeable guys might have it tucked away somewhere in the back of your minds or in a programme collection.

London and Armagh have played a few times in the Nat League.... ridiculous as it seems, but that's Croke Park logic for you.

I know they played in the 97-98 season and again in 2002, but I'm convinced they played in Ruislip in Nov 2000 but can't find any trace of the result.

Anyone able to oblige please.

IM please if you have any info.

Thanks lads .... and lassies

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: irunthev on February 25, 2010, 01:21:17 PM
Lads I'm looking for a bit of historical info here, some of you more knowledgeable guys might have it tucked away somewhere in the back of your minds or in a programme collection.

London and Armagh have played a few times in the Nat League.... ridiculous as it seems, but that's Croke Park logic for you.

I know they played in the 97-98 season and again in 2002, but I'm convinced they played in Ruislip in Nov 2000 but can't find any trace of the result.

The 2000 / 2001 NFL would have been the campaign that was badly interupted by Foot & MOuth, we were in division 2 under the old 2A & 2B system so might have played London. If we played them in 2002 then we were probably in the same division in 00/01. Can't recall the game at all.

In 97/98 I think all 4 division were of equal strength so the best teams were in with the weakest (not that we were amongs the best at that stage) so that's how we played London - possibly at Davitt Park? They fixed the draw that year I think to allow a 50th anniversary game between Kerry and Cavan at the Polo Grounds.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

subkeeper

Killeavy Sevens , 3rd April 2010

Invitations have gone out to all clubs in Armagh for this years event.
We also intend to have a plate competition this year.
We hope to see u all there   :-X

http://www.killeavygaa.com/?p=292

AFS

Quote from: irunthev on February 25, 2010, 01:21:17 PM

Looked through a few old programmes but all I could find was a fixture list for the 2000/2001 league campaign, which showed that Armagh were due to play London at home in the last round of fixtures on 25/03/01. As TAM has pointed out, that was the year of the Foot and Mouth outbreak so I doubt that match actually took place. Don't remember it anyway.

According to the same programme, Westmeath were the only county to play London away in November 2000.

Crossmaglen might have paid a visit or two to Ruislip around that time to play club quarter finals. Although they didn't win the Ulster championship in 2000.

torres

i see the OC HAS CLOSED DOWN PERMENTALY  :o

armagho9

According to gaainfo.com Armagh have played London twice in the last 20 years.  2002 and 1997.  Both games Armagh scored 4-17

winsamsoon

Quote from: torres on February 26, 2010, 12:54:38 PM
i see the OC HAS CLOSED DOWN PERMENTALY  :o

Hope it stays closed this time because this opening and closing craic is getting very boring.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

true

wots the craic with orchard county why it shut!!!!!!!!! ???

Uladh

true

or maybe cos of assholes like u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  simple question needed simple answer NOT ANSWERED BY A SIMPLE

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

torres

any clubs playing challenge match,es this weekend . granemore travel to ardboe .

winsamsoon

Granemore should get a tanking there and i would say there be a bit of niggle in that one.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

torres

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 27, 2010, 10:04:17 PM
Granemore should get a tanking there and i would say there be a bit of niggle in that one.
so what IF they get a so called tanking it is only a challenge game after all and why would there be any niggle in it ? the,ve never played eachother before and no county players will be on show .