Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fan01

As being a supporter at the game on sunday, i went in to go to the ladies toilets and i observed a number of people drinking achohol where did they get it from.

illdecide

Quote from: fan01 on April 17, 2007, 08:13:47 AM
As being a supporter at the game on sunday, i went in to go to the ladies toilets and i observed a number of people drinking achohol where did they get it from.

They had it in their handbags :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

What banjoz is saying is true, the socail club does not sell alcoholic drinks until the match has finished. It has always been that way. The ginger fella who was part of the dromintee management team or just a player who hadnt stripped tried to keep the fighting going as when both teams had left the pitch he was still looking to fight.

It was just a case of dromintee being sore losers both on and off the pitch ;D

TG4

has anybody else heard that all league games will take place this saturday evening at 6.30 on account of the u21 semi-final being on sun at 3pm?

Armagh Exile

Yes.
According to the Orchardcounty website all League games are on Saturday evening at 6.30pm.

Uladh

Lads, i was at this game and the whole thing should never have happened. there was a bit of stuff between the teams at the final whistle all right but nothing major.

The problem was one of stewarding. when all was settled, some of the tir na nog crowd undoubtedly took to the field looking for retribution after how the initial row had panned out and 5 minutes of mayhem ensued. it's impossible for me to make any comment on alcohol levels as i wasn't close enough to anyone to know. during the game there was none of the verbals between supporters that you'd get at a cross or clans game. the supporters from each club were sort of in seperate places. that said, when the people from outside the wire spilled onto the pitch, it did get hairy on the bank as for some reason the dromintee support seem to al be in the over 50 category! lol.

anyway, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shite and the only concern from a dromintee point if view should be that they lost to portadown

Tir na nÓg

Hi! Theres nothing wrong with losing to portadown lol

illdecide

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on April 17, 2007, 11:10:45 AM
Hi! Theres nothing wrong with losing to portadown lol

As long as it's not the championship, then there would be somthing wrong with losing to Porty :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

I think we have only played well in the championship once in about 3 or 4 years and we still got beat  :(

armaghtrue

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on April 17, 2007, 10:29:50 AM
What banjoz is saying is true, the socail club does not sell alcoholic drinks until the match has finished. It has always been that way. The ginger fella who was part of the dromintee management team or just a player who hadnt stripped tried to keep the fighting going as when both teams had left the pitch he was still looking to fight.

It was just a case of dromintee being sore losers both on and off the pitch ;D
i was there on sunday, it wasn't pretty but the most experienced man on the pitch has to take the blame for starting the whole thing. i have to admit my saddest thing of all was to hear that same player whom i have travelled all over ireland to watch when representing armagh said, 'when you portadown lads come to dromintee later in the year you'll leave in BAGS'. Not a great statement to come from a so called role model. :(

lurganblue

there is a lot of new posters on this issue

Quote'when you portadown lads come to dromintee later in the year you'll leave in BAGS'

although i must say i can remember a certain corner forward telling us we wouldnt get out of dromintee alive last year, about two minutes into the game. i thought it hillarious at the time!

anyway back to the topic. if portadown supporters were allowed to enter the feild to box the players its a disgrace. i always thought they were strict at keeping that gate closed for matches there.

Spiritof98

As much as I agree that the O'roukes would start a row in hell, ala Harps game up in dromintee last year, personally I have seen before a large section of Tir na Og support drinking carryouts while watching a game of football. On one occasion I myself had to be restrained from a supporter who was giving constant vile abuse to a very young charlie Vernon at a U21 Championship game a few years back in Clomore.
Like most i enjoy a pint after a game but lads being aloud to drink from 'blue bags at league games is a receipe for disaster.

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Candyman

Saturday 21 April Predictions...

ACL - Division I (6.30)
Whitecross v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)    CROSSMAGLEN
Clan na Gael v Harps (Kevin Murtagh)          HARPS
Dromintee v Culloville (Eamon Nugent)        DROMINTEE
Maghery v Tir na nÓg (Jim Slevin)               TIR NA nOG
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice)   MULLAGHBAWN

Any thoughts on this....

Tir na nÓg

Tir na nog are very strict about keeping the gate locked. I think it was when the referee was leaving some players who hadnt stripped out came onto the pitch.

Tir na nÓg

ACL - Division I (6.30)
Whitecross v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)    CROSSMAGLEN
Clan na Gael v Harps (Kevin Murtagh)         CLAN NA GAEL
Dromintee v Culloville (Eamon Nugent)       DROMINTEE
Maghery v Tir na nÓg (Jim Slevin)              TIR NA NOG
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice)  PEARSE OG