Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

despite your pathetic attempts at justification, there was nothing dirty about the game. marty played the game as he always does and most defenders find him difficult to cope with. certainly the tir na nog players didn't appear to have any problems with him other than football ones.

write up as much propaganda as you like but those are the facts. the state of the drunks on the field (and trying to start on elderly dromintee supporters on the crowd) was disgraceful. tir na nog club shoul be held accountable for allowing so many hooligans through the gate onto the field of play.

dexter

Nothing of note in the match until Dromintee sent on Martin O'Rourke & No.31 in the last 5 mins they were very aggressive stirring it up. Also Cathal O'Rourke punched the Tir na nOg cornerback in the back of the head & Jimmy McKee consulted the 2 umpires & then did nothing.
If Dromintee had of got a late goal & won the match like they did last year then it would have been a smile & a wink & a thank you very much, 'youse are great lads for keeping the game going up here in Portydown'. The truth is they couldn't take getting beat decided to throw a few punches at the final whistle & it was ginger haired Dromintee mentor or whatever he was , who kept the whole thing going.

holylandsniper

Tir na nOg, your yet to clarify your opening statement on this issue.
QuoteNo supporters where involved in anything as the gates were locked!
Is this true in your mind?

Aghdavoyle

Never heard as much shite in my life.

dromintee sent a county player on with 5 minutes to go while a point down just to start a row?

your summation of events doesn't even mention the drunken tir na nog "supporters" coming onto the field and assaulting dromintee players?

says it all about your agenda

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe truth is they couldn't take getting beat decided to throw a few punches at the final whistle & it was ginger haired Dromintee mentor or whatever he was , who kept the whole thing going.
It wasn't a big tall heavy man by any chance?  :D

Nothing that goes on in the game justifies people leaving the social club to start a row and I'd well believe the allegations about the O'Rourkes however
QuoteMartin O'Rourke was on the pitch no more than 2 minutes and he kicked a Portadown man in the face.
Tir na og players are no strangers to kicking others when they're on the ground either! Excuse me if I don't have any sympathy.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aghdavoyle

With the greatest of respect pog, thats a well peddled line against the o'rourkes, marty especially. i've been watching dromintee a long time and i've never seen marty o'rourke throw a dirty dig. he is very physical and robust, goes for everything, takes every opportunity to hit the opposition in the tackle and is a cantankerous fcuker but i've never seen him throw a box or kick anyone on the ground. it certainly didn't happen yesterday. obviously he's very difficult for the opposition to deal with and keep their composure and he played well for the brief period he was on yesterday. aidan just gets on with playing football. cathal on the other hand gets involved when he shouldn't and after roasting the full back in the first half got some tight "treatment" in the second. rightly so. that led to 3 or 4 skirmishes with his marker. cathal is singled out for blame on forums like this without mention of the ogs man because noone knows who the ogs player is.

Final Countdown

"Martin O'Rourke was on the pitch no more than 2 minutes and he kicked a Portadown man in the face."

Game was terrible to watch but agree with adavoyle why would Dromintee put a county player on with 5 minutes to go 1 point down to start a fight. Jus shows the typical townies. Marty hada jump over him after he nailed him with a fair shoulder. There was a bit of handbags during the game with Dromintees No14 and the Ogs No 4 but at the final whistle it was Ogs No 4 that started the row again. As for the drunkards what is it the GSE (Garvaghy Street elite)? Cant tolerate that Hooligan culture!   

Tir na nÓg

The only people that where on the pitch were players and management. They may not have been stripped out but they were still players. Never-the-less there was no call for what happened and both teams have to be held accountable. The blame cannot be souly placed on one team.

holylandsniper

Im not putting blame on one team, but you are wrong. Yes players where involved, yes some mentors and players not togged out, but people not belonging to team made way onto field with sole intention but to fight, they went through the open gate, not locked gate as previously stated.

banjoz

>:(  I would just like to say I was present at the game on Sunday and contrary to what is being said on this web site there was certainly no one drunk on the pitch - as the social club was not even open until after the match.  This mayhem resulted in Dromintee not being able to take a beaten.  I was more than surprised at sheer lack of sportsmanship.  I was standing beside some Dromintee supporters who themselves were disgusted.  The person in question with the ginger hair from Dromintee, was beside me one minute and seconds later was like a mad man on the pitch throwing punches left, right and centre. 

When the two teams went to either end of the pitch, a member of our female team tried to help the situation by opening the bottom gate and she  was bombarded with abuse from the Dromintee team itself, who totally showed themselves up.

This is from someone who was at the match, not someone telling the story second and third hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holylandsniper

Quoteas the social club was not even open until after the match
I was sure it was opened at half time.

tackle

Quote from: banjoz on April 16, 2007, 10:13:06 PM
>:(  I would just like to say I was present at the game on Sunday and contrary to what is being said on this web site there was certainly no one drunk on the pitch - as the social club was not even open until after the match.  This mayhem resulted in Dromintee not being able to take a beaten.  I was more than surprised at sheer lack of sportsmanship.  I was standing beside some Dromintee supporters who themselves were disgusted.  The person in question with the ginger hair from Dromintee, was beside me one minute and seconds later was like a mad man on the pitch throwing punches left, right and centre. 

When the two teams went to either end of the pitch, a member of our female team tried to help the situation by opening the bottom gate and she  was bombarded with abuse from the Dromintee team itself, who totally showed themselves up.

This is from someone who was at the match, not someone telling the story second and third hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard on second hand accounts about what was said to the woman at the bottom gate and it wasn on.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: tackle on April 16, 2007, 10:35:21 PM
Quote from: banjoz on April 16, 2007, 10:13:06 PM

I have heard on second hand accounts about what was said to the woman at the bottom gate and it wasn on.

would yis ever catch a grip o yerselves

what has any of this nonsense got to do with drunken supporters coming onto a pitch to assault the away team?

making stuff up doesn't cut it. there was a fella on the main gate to the pitch all day... even when the teams went out to warm up. even then he opened and closed only one side as people entered and exited (learning from previous bad experience i presume). when the game was over he had mysteriously disappeared and both sides of the gate were wide open.

The ginger boy was on the sideline the whole game so you would have had a job standing beside him for any part of the game. if you want to start identifying people i could post the name of 4 of the crowd of scumbags that came through the gate, including the boy with the ripped cheque shirt and jeans and one other who were the main culprits.

banjoz

>:( Tir-na-Nog social clubs do open at half time but only for the sale of soft drinks!!!  Alcohol is never sold until the game is finished.

The ginger haired bloke in question was indeed standing beside me on the bank however their was two ginger haired mad men on the pitch fighting.  You know what they say about ginger hair and bad tempers!!!!!!!

Orior

Guys guys! Worse things happen at sea you know.

Anyway, congrats to the Portidown boys. Keep it going.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians