Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

BenDover

Rumours are Philly Loughran is moving to the Ogs

orange2009

Go to www.armagh-gaa.com to get a match report and audio interviews as the Hurlers make it to the Kehoe Shield final by beating Fingal 1-20 to 1-16

thewanderer

Unfortunately not a big deal beating fingal. Despite a lot of work and money being pumped into hurling the seniors took a step back last season from where mattie had them the year before. And dont look much better this year with one of the main players not attending and concentrating on club football???

Red Hurley

Wanderer sounds as if you really know your Hurling :D :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: BenDover on February 11, 2010, 08:27:42 AM
Rumours are Philly Loughran is moving to the Ogs
ffs - has he been playing with clady since dromintee wouldn't take him or has he been playing at all?

CountyGK

Quote from: thewanderer on February 11, 2010, 11:58:42 AM
Unfortunately not a big deal beating fingal. Despite a lot of work and money being pumped into hurling the seniors took a step back last season from where mattie had them the year before. And dont look much better this year with one of the main players not attending and concentrating on club football???

i disagree. last season, armagh were 5 points away from a nicky rackard final. they should have beaten meath in the semi final at navan, but they allowed meath to gain a bigger first half lead than they should have, as armagh tried to score a late goal or 2 in the first half, should have taken their points.
in 08, the hurlers narrowly avoided relegation by puttin in a great performance v london at pairc esler. howver, the way the draw worked, armagh were then down in the rackard cup last year.
you have to allow the management team time to develop these players, as later on in the year will be the time when the test will come.
if coulter rejoins the squad, hopefully he will, then armagh can take a major scalp in ulster, and go far in the rackard as well. big time.
keep an eye on the minor team as well this year..

BenDover

Honestly i don't know Pints - it's all on the grapevine at the minute nothing set in stone

winsamsoon

I know these transfers are all speculation but if this trend continues our sport is in danger of becomming like the stupid soccer pub teams that we see pissing about on saturdays ie were players can move willy nilly in search of glory. It is not what the GAA is about and anyone promoting this sort of behaviour is wrong. People shouldn't be touting underage players from other clubs because they think they have potential and should come to a more successful club to achieve more success, it is now happening more of in the  senior ranks. We are now seeing the farce of people having fall outs with managers or they aren't getting picked and they are putting in transfer requests and getting them. These people should be told in no uncertain circumstances that they won't be getting a transfer and that they will have to take a year out and seek the transfer elsewhere. If ther transfer request is legit ie moving or the toher rules sat down then this is fine. This is totally unacceptable and in recent times is becoming increasingly more damaging.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orange2009

Armagh senior players Save or Dye for Irish cancer Society

In conjunction with Today FM Ireland, Members of our senior football and hurling teams have agreed to take part in the radio stations fundraising drive for Cancer research Ireland where they are taking part in the Shave or Dye campaign.  Click below for details fo how to help this worthy cause.

http://tinyurl.com/yc2ubp8

thewanderer

countygk/red ifs and buts dont paper over the cracks. i have actually seen a number of the games last season and def think hurling hasnt got better. on the question of management i dont think u can compare mattie who was a renowned hurler and a pk who is only new to the game and the mad man from down who is suspended. with the amount of money pumped in with no financial return from gates, sponsorship etc question marks remain. ps im not knocking the lads who want to continue playing hurling but i just think they will never compete with traditional hurling counties, u can even see that with antrim and they are very more tradionalist than armagh. what is the story on dc.

CountyGK

no question that mattie did a great job with the hurlers, from where he took them to where they finished under his leadership. however, this management team is capable of leading armagh hurlers to the heights that many in this county will never think armagh can achieve. When is MJ's suspension up? (btw wanderer he's an antrim man). what you say about antrim is interesting. in 5-10 years time, it will be armagh who will be the so called 'kingpins of Ulster hurling', winning ulster championships at minor and senior level. at underage level, over the past few years armagh have beaten the so called big 3 (down derry antrim) on numerous occasions. so the talent and belief is there for armagh to become a greater force in hurling. fair enough armagh aren't going to reach the heights of kilkenny etc, but will improve a vast vast amount as the structure is now in place to allow this progress.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 12, 2010, 02:26:38 PM
I know these transfers are all speculation but if this trend continues our sport is in danger of becomming like the stupid soccer pub teams that we see pissing about on saturdays ie were players can move willy nilly in search of glory. It is not what the GAA is about and anyone promoting this sort of behaviour is wrong. People shouldn't be touting underage players from other clubs because they think they have potential and should come to a more successful club to achieve more success, it is now happening more of in the  senior ranks. We are now seeing the farce of people having fall outs with managers or they aren't getting picked and they are putting in transfer requests and getting them. These people should be told in no uncertain circumstances that they won't be getting a transfer and that they will have to take a year out and seek the transfer elsewhere. If ther transfer request is legit ie moving or the toher rules sat down then this is fine. This is totally unacceptable and in recent times is becoming increasingly more damaging.
Agree completely and if Ogs have any cop on they'll tell Loughran to keep looking.

wats that 4 ref

he wouldnt get his place in the ogs team for a start :o

McMonkfish

the ogs are lacking a big midfield presence no disrespect to the lads that there maybe if the transfer happens or not this could make the  3 lads up their game a lot more, competition is healthy.