Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on April 15, 2007, 12:28:33 PM
I just heard that the Cross/Clans game is on the radio today at 2pm on 5FM.

You sure about that. I thought throw in was 3.30. Have to make tracks...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Do you have a helicopter? 2pm throw-in

By the way, heard you get a mention on the wireless yesterday, Donagh.......
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

pintsofguinness

Any results in.
C Eireann v the 'bridge called off late due to a death in the bridge. I heard cross beat clans. 

QuoteFingers crossed that all the U21 players get through todays matches!
I don't think they were playing orior.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Tir na nOg beat Dromintee
Culloville lost to Whitecross
Killeavey defeated Ballymacnab
Carrickcruppen beat Annaghmore
Keady lost to Granemore

Any other results?

bennydorano

Mullaghawn beat Harps 1-9 to 0-10.  Harps had plenty of chances to win in a very needley encounter, Mullaghbawn are hard team to beat, they are very tight and with a little dirt; not a good team to watch playing, a bit like Wimbledon in the 80's(not the tennis).

DrinkingHarp

on orchard county a clans man posted cross won 2-9 to 1-4
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Donagh

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on April 15, 2007, 01:25:02 PM
Do you have a helicopter? 2pm throw-in

Bad tempered affair as usual between these two sides. Clans were comprehensively tanked but didn't do themselves any favours with silly decisions, no bottle in front of the posts and crucially conceding a large early lead. Diarmuid seemed to have been singled out early on for particularly rough treatment though was probably the best man on the pitch, followed closely by the twins. Francie seemed to have picked up a calf injury before he was substituted. There'll not be a team in the ACL that will be able to compete with the Cross fitness levels at this time of year.

The FiveFM commentary was very entertaining, though that John Cummins DJ bloke seems a bit of a tool (he didn't read any of my texts)   :P

Edit: aye, got a hold of a big silver one. There was us thinking they couldn't understand the txt as composed in "short" format by the teenage co-pilot...

puskas

ogs drew with maghery, 1.7 to 0.10. ogs had the chances to win, including 3 wides in the last 3 minutes, maghery finished every chance they got.

winsamsoon

The cross supporters have are the biggest slabbers i have came across yet. They called Marsden today a chocolate man because every time he got the ball he was blatantly fouled then when he fouled they were shouting that he was a dirty so and so. They also had there fair share of mouths behind the nets. I know every team have followers that are mouths but there is no call to single out a person just because he is a good player.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Ballyhegan 2:08 - Clonmore 1:03

Strong start for the Davitts with Paddy McKeever scoring 1:06 from full forward.

Other scorers were Brendan McAtarsney with 2 fine scores with the outside of the left boot & Noel Marley's son Paddy, with a well taken goal.

Missed a few lads who were on John Hughes stag & of course Paul Courtney after his fine performance in the U21 final the day before.

Paul McGrane & Paddy McKeever make some difference to the Davitts!!

Clonmore looked poor & only took 1 point untill the last 10 minutes of the game!

el_cuervo_fc

Ogs threw the game away yesterday, came from 3 points down to go one in front.  messed about in the last 5 wasting 4 good chances.  Maghery got the break down the field to level.  The ref blew it up from the kick out

bennydorano

Any reports form the Portydown v Dromintee game, I hear they cut the sh1te out of each other?

corn02

Tir Na Nog by two,

Was not at it. so have no report on the Tir Na Nog social Club jumping Dromintee players.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on April 16, 2007, 01:02:00 PM
Tir Na Nog by two,

Was not at it. so have no report on the Tir Na Nog social Club jumping Dromintee players.

Just heard that both teams cut the tripe out of each other, supporters and all. I was up at Crossmaglen yesterday, the Clanns were pure manure. Cross were just a bit sharp for them (and they had forwards who wanted the ball) The Clanns full forward line had a combined weight of about 18 stone, Cross just ate them up..
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: corn02 on April 16, 2007, 01:02:00 PM
Tir Na Nog by two,

you've obviously heard a few stories about what happened though corn. spill the beans...