Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

border rabbit

Sorry maybe sum1 can help me out, i havent really been paying much attention to the board recently, but is this B league idea a reality or a discussion topic ie 2 section, North & South.

thewanderer

Border R, the B league will be split into the 2 sections north and south on the same basis as the minor board with probually two divisions in each section to accomodate weaker teams or clubs who can only field 13 per game i think.

border rabbit

Thanks wanderer. So when will this league start and when will the matches be played, in Mid-Armagh the B matches were traditionally played on a Wednesday evening. Who decides who the weaker teams are?

Definitely think this is a good idea, as long as the clubs grasp it. A proper run B league playing against teams you would come up against in the old leagues. 

JUst retired

The B matches will be played on Wed.nights . The B league will be run by County c.c.c. That is the senior board. The new minor board will run from minor down inc.minor c/ship. It is envisaged
that the minor c/ship will be graded,ie.minor c/ship, minor shield & minor plate.Thus giving the weaker teams the chance to win a c/ship at their own level. If all clubs buy into the new system honestly it will be a good thing for underage football.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: JUst retired on January 15, 2010, 12:16:49 PM
The B matches will be played on Wed.nights . The B league will be run by County c.c.c. That is the senior board. The new minor board will run from minor down inc.minor c/ship. It is envisaged
that the minor c/ship will be graded,ie.minor c/ship, minor shield & minor plate.Thus giving the weaker teams the chance to win a c/ship at their own level. If all clubs buy into the new system honestly it will be a good thing for underage football.

Will teams enter the minor shield or plate on the basis of when they exit the championship proper or will they be in a secondary competition from the beginning. Not sure it would be a positive step to deny any club a chance of a run in the "A" championship.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

KIDDO 4

Lucozade Sport 2010 Armagh Senior Football Championship
Maghery
V
Clann EIreann
Mullaghbawn
V
Pearse Og
Ballymacnab
V
Killeavy
St Patricks
V
Clan na Gael
Carrickcruppen
V
Crossmaglen
Whitecross
V
Dromintee
Granemore
V
St Michaels
Armagh Harps
V
Bye
Lucozade Sport 2010 Armagh Intermediate Football Championship
Sarsfields
V
Shane O'Neills
Silverbridge
V
Middletown
St Peters
V
An Port Mor
Ballyhegan
V
Keady
Madden
V
Wolfe Tones
Collegeland
V
Culloville
St Pauls
V
Bye
Tir na nOg
V
Bye
Lucozade Sport 2010 Armagh Junior Football Championship
Preliminary Round
Eire Og
V
Dorsey Emmets
Killean
V
Annaghmore
Grange
V
Phelim Bradys
First Round
Clonmore
V
Forkhill
Killean/Annaghmore
V
Killeavy II
Derrynoose
V
Clady
Belleeks
V
St Patricks II
Mullabrack
v
O'Hanlons
Corrinshego
v
Eire Og/Dorsey
Lissummon
v
Tullysaran
Crossmaglen II
V
Grange/Phelim Bradys
Lucozade Sport 2010 Armagh U21 Football Championship
Preliminary Round
Armagh Harps
V
St Pauls
St Patricks Cullyhanna
V
Madden
St Johns
V
Clan na Gael
Pearse Og
V
St Bridgids
Ballymacnab
V
Killeavy
Maghery
V
Middletown
Granemore
V
Clann Eireann
Crossmaglen
V
Carrickcruppen
Silverbridge
v
Shane O'Neills
First Round
Keady
v
Maghery/Middletown
Tir na nOg
V
Crossmaglen/Carrickcruppen
Granemore/Clann EIreann
V
Ballymacnab/Killeavy
Eire Og
v
Wolfe Tones
St Johns/Clan na Gael
V
Sarsfields
Harps/St Pauls
V
Silverbridge/Shane O'Neills
Dromintee
V
Corrakhill Blues
St Pats/Madden
v
Pearse Og/St Brigids

thewanderer

Thanks Kiddo but have already got these. I know that a number of clubs have suggested that every club can intially enter the main underage championship and the teams exiting first can enter a shield and next defeated teams a plate competion. sounds a good idea with a little tweaking.

winsamsoon

Armagh Senior Football Championship
1st Round
Maghery v Clann Eireann = Maghery
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og = Ogs
Ballymacnab v Killeavy = Killeavy
St Patrick's v Clan na Gael = clans by 3 and probably a boxing match wanderer ;D ;D ;)
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen =Cross
Whitecross v Dromintee =Whitecross
Granemore v St Michael's= Granemore
Bye – Armagh Harps

What ever happened to Cullyhanna getting punished for striking the ref in last years championship ?????? Was this just swept under the carpet???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 15, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Armagh Senior Football Championship
1st Round
St Patrick’s v Clan na Gael = clans by 3 and probably a boxing match wanderer ;D ;D ;)
Whitecross v Dromintee =Whitecross
Granemore v St Michael’s= Granemore
Bye – Armagh Harps

What ever happened to Cullyhanna getting punished for striking the ref in last years championship ?????? Was this just swept under the carpet???

Yip thats the armagh way, under that big carpet.

This lack of serious punishment on the county boards behalf would see as an encouragement for other teams to go round acting like animals on gaelic fields.

Anyway my predictions:
St Patrick's v Clan na Gael = Clans   
Whitecross v Dromintee =Dromintee
Granemore v St Michael's= Granemore
Bye – Armagh Harps
Its all about the Hurling.

armagh leg-end

i heard last night that the minor board was going to be incharge of the b leagues!
Ard Mhacha Abu

fitzroyalty

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 15, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Instead we get another cullyhanna team put into the leagues for our troubles  ;)

AFS

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on January 15, 2010, 03:44:13 PM
Yip thats the armagh way, under that big carpet.

This lack of serious punishment on the county boards behalf would see as an encouragement for other teams to go round acting like animals on gaelic fields.

Well in fairness, both Mullaghbawn and Tullysaran were bucked out of the U21 for that shite.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just to introduce a couple of facts (not that they are ever particularly welcomed by some posters), we were put out of the championship. As I understand it, it emerged in appeal that we couldn't be put out of the championship without removing us from all senior competition. The county board felt (rightly in my view but then I would say that) that such a punishment would be overly harsh given that the incident didn't involve any of the players who would find themselves without football. The person who struck the referee is suspended for 2 years.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Whereas if a player had struck the referee he would have got a lifetime ban.  typical

JUst retired

If a player strikes a referee he will get the same  penalty as a spectator. 2 years, unless he has done it before. Anyone who strikes a ref. deserves all he gets.

armagh leg end.The senior ccc will be running the B league, the minor board only run from minor down,inc the minor c/ship.