Eire Og v Wolfe Tone
St John's or Clan na Gael v Sarsfields
Armagh Harps or St Paul's v Silverbridge or Shane O'Neill's
Dromintee v Corrahill Blues
St Patrick's or Madden v Pearse Og or St Brigid's
1st name team has Home advantage

winsamsoon

Has the making of a good first round for the SFC
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

What are the views on the ammended league setup? Killeavy and Mullabawn stay up after all!

AFS

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 13, 2010, 10:58:15 PM
What are the views on the ammended league setup? Killeavy and Mullabawn stay up after all!

No opinion either way on 2nds teams in the league, but not sure I agree with them competing in the Championship. Doesn't seem right that one club can have two Championships to look forward to.

illdecide

Is that the league sorted??? Did Killeavey and Mullaghbawn stay up?

If Killeavey II's beat Annaghmore then a local derby with Killean will be interesting :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 13, 2010, 10:29:17 PM
from OC

Armagh Senior Football Championship
1st Round
Maghery v Clann Eireann
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og
Ballymacnab v Killeavy
St Patrick's v Clan na Gael
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen
Whitecross v Dromintee
Granemore v St Michael's
Bye – Armagh Harps

Some nice ties there... I'd be happy from an Ogs perspective although I know we won't get it all our way. I think Granemore will fancy their chances and Whitecross could prove tricky for Dromintee. St Pat's and Clan na Gael is the tie of the round though I feel. Feel sorry for Carrickcruppen though. They could be on the receiving end of a Cross backlash. Also the Harps just about to scrape through  :P

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on January 13, 2010, 11:07:13 PM

If Killeavey II's beat Annaghmore then a local derby with Killean will be interesting :P
according to OC no teams were relegated. Regarding championship some tasty ties. Maghery v C/Eireann should be good, aswell as Clans and Pat's where both sides will fancy their chances. the nab and killeavy also looks interesting, but the rest of the ties i feel will be a bit one-sided, Cross, Ogs, Granemore and Dromintee (expecting big things) all looking likely winners.

thewanderer

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 13, 2010, 11:16:18 PM

according to OC no teams were relegated. Regarding championship some tasty ties. Maghery v C/Eireann should be good, aswell as Clans and Pat's where both sides will fancy their chances. the nab and killeavy also looks interesting, but the rest of the ties i feel will be a bit one-sided, Cross, Ogs, Granemore and Dromintee (expecting big things) all looking likely winners.
expecting big things, they have for the last 12 years. Clubs have been asked to go and discuss the restructuring of the leagues into 4x 12 team divisions with no relegation from last years divisions i have just been told. it will be voted on at the next meeting. Think the Clans v St Pats will be a tasty game especially if you go by the love for each other on this board. ;)

illdecide

Dunno where you are coming from with that Wanderer...Clans & St Pats have no history whatsoever, infact i personally would rather have the Cullyhanna lads than then rest of the South Armagh brigade. It is a known fact that some players from St Pats have enjoyed several nights out with the Clans lads in Lurgan many a night (i think one or two of them even scored with some Lurgan females them nights too :P :D :D for their sins)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: thewanderer on January 14, 2010, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 13, 2010, 11:16:18 PM

expecting big things, they have for the last 12 years. Clubs have been asked to go and discuss the restructuring of the leagues into 4x 12 team divisions with no relegation from last years divisions i have just been told. it will be voted on at the next meeting. Think the Clans v St Pats will be a tasty game especially if you go by the love for each other on this board. ;)

According to Orchard County, 4 divisions of 12 teams have been confirmed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

So this means Tir Na Nog have dropped out of the senior championship????  Times must be bad for them.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2010, 09:59:39 AM
Dunno where you are coming from with that Wanderer...Clans & St Pats have no history whatsoever, infact i personally would rather have the Cullyhanna lads than then rest of the South Armagh brigade. It is a known fact that some players from St Pats have enjoyed several nights out with the Clans lads in Lurgan many a night (i think one or two of them even scored with some Lurgan females them nights too :P :D :D for their sins)
Il you should refer to winsamsoon, dont start to bribe them big cullyhanna boys with your left overs :D

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on January 14, 2010, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2010, 09:59:39 AM
Il you should refer to winsamsoon, dont start to bribe them big cullyhanna boys with your left overs :D

Jasus them Cullyhanna men are brave if they take Lurgan women home...lol

Winsam just dislikes everyone FFS (even himself :D) but def no history there. What you get anytime you play St Pats is a hard physical game and sometimes certain guys may need to use methods to win the ball thats not in the rule book but sure what about it i'd do the same myself given half the chance...good bunch of lads that i have plenty of time for.

Come championship time it'll be dog eat dog and i and St Pats wouldn't have it any other way