Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2009, 02:01:24 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 18, 2009, 01:47:04 PM
Vernon must not be bothering with the Poly this year then?
QUB til he dies. Seemingly

Heard him say that at the start of the year. Don't believe a word of it... neither does any of his old teammates.

charlie stubbs

donaghy named as interim captain,bit of a surprise!?

BroJolly

The squad deliberately doesn't include any u21s or obviously uni players, so there's probably betwen 5 - 10 places up for grabs come the league.

Kevin O'Rourke not being included seems strange to me. Anyone know why?

Always think its a bit harsh getting your chance in McKenna cup in heavy water logged pitches.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: BroJolly on December 19, 2009, 11:56:09 PM
The squad deliberately doesn't include any u21s or obviously uni players, so there's probably betwen 5 - 10 places up for grabs come the league.

Always think its a bit harsh getting your chance in McKenna cup in heavy water logged pitches.

paddy o rourke only had 1 player in the down panel out of the top 2 divisions when he was in charge. feels players need be playing at high level to develop.think a lad john gibney got a transfer to loughinisland to try force him way onto team

DownFanatic

Quote from: charlie stubbs on December 20, 2009, 12:40:58 PM
Quote from: BroJolly on December 19, 2009, 11:56:09 PM

paddy o rourke only had 1 player in the down panel out of the top 2 divisions when he was in charge. feels players need be playing at high level to develop.think a lad john gibney got a transfer to loughinisland to try force him way onto team

True, John left Dundrum to go to Loughinisland around 2003. We were a Division 3 club at the time and Paddy told John that he would get him on to the county Seniors if he moved to Loughinisland.

Needless to say Paddy never called John up to the Down Seniors and young Gibbo realised that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I lost all respect for O'Rourke after that incident. He used to be a man I looked up to as he was an All Ireland winning captain. In my opinion he let himself down a bagful over his treatment of Gibney.

charlie stubbs

df can see why you were pissed off to be honest. 

bennydorano

Quote from: Ulick on December 19, 2009, 12:04:57 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2009, 02:01:24 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 18, 2009, 01:47:04 PM
Vernon must not be bothering with the Poly this year then?
QUB til he dies. Seemingly

Heard him say that at the start of the year. Don't believe a word of it... neither does any of his old teammates.
From what I have heard I severly doubt he'll be playing for UUJ.

Bainisteoir

Just looking at the county website i noticed that on the page that shows the new jersey the new trainer McGurn in in the picture. It describes him as High Performance Sports Consultant from Elite Sports Belfast. What is his role...Is he self employed and are the county using him on a consultancy basis? i had the idea he was now a county board employee as he was supposed to be working with all age groups. I wouldn't like to think he is using Armagh for self promotion purposes.

thewanderer

There is nothing wrong with being self-employed as it saves him and the county board tax. Wise up in relation to exploting Armagh as we will benefit greatly at all age groups. Have a Life if this is an attempt to create futher disharmony within the county. the proof is in the eating.

thewanderer

Charlie minor squad will change dramatically at end of Jan. A number of boys on the panel not up to county standard also a few prominent missing until then. But there all there to make training matches and press for a place in the final 30.

Bainisteoir

Quote from: thewanderer on December 21, 2009, 09:31:50 AM
There is nothing wrong with being self-employed as it saves him and the county board tax. Wise up in relation to exploting Armagh as we will benefit greatly at all age groups. Have a Life if this is an attempt to create futher disharmony within the county. the proof is in the eating.

I'm not trying to create disharmony, in fact I'm delighted with the managerial team we have in place and looking forward to see how the team reacts to them over the coming months!! I agree entirely with your point on the tax.. Was just looking to know what the official line on him is (if there is any). I know its not uncommon for county's to consult various "experts", think Monaghan used a fella Connolly who works for the welsh rugby union. Was just looking to know what the situation was.

Davitt Man

Lads, i was chatting to a mate of mine about stevie mcdonnell and we were trying to figure out what year and what team armagh played someone in croker, stevie scored a goal  and turned his back to the crowd pointing at his number 13 on the back of his jersey, just trying to find a clip of it on youtube but cant figure out when it was or who they were playin??

maddog

Quote from: Davitt Man on December 21, 2009, 12:30:38 PM
Lads, i was chatting to a mate of mine about stevie mcdonnell and we were trying to figure out what year and what team armagh played someone in croker, stevie scored a goal  and turned his back to the crowd pointing at his number 13 on the back of his jersey, just trying to find a clip of it on youtube but cant figure out when it was or who they were playin??

v Kerry in 2006, think its this first clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuloFOSEAWM

Smokin Joe

Was it not the Ulster final vs Tyrone in 2005?

I think the picture adourns McKenna's wall in Armagh City.

Gaffer

Was v Tyrone in 2005 but I think it was the AI semi.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"