Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange2009

Fair enough I could be wrong on that one Wanderer.  New teams will be discussed at first meeting in Jan.  Each club got the lists of players from each club though

thewanderer

orange paul gribben and patsy nugent where at the meeting. I beleive that the motion by st michaels will be discussed in jan meeting re the leagues restructuring. heard that their motion was out of order and the co secretary didnt contact them to allow ammendment as should be the case typical!!!

orange2009

thewanderer

Candyman

Quote from: thewanderer on December 15, 2009, 09:09:58 AM
Big change at the top thought that might happen. Pity the nxt in line cant be removed with the fat salary, must be similar to ex donegal secretary who stepped down e55k per annum. I think mr duggan will do a good job, straight as a die thats for sure and good organiser.

No doubt about it, he'll certainly not take any sh1t....

umgolaarmagh

Candy does your avatar represent the amount of pints you drank on sunday  ;)

Bainisteoir

I don't know the politics of the county board but what were the main reasons for kevin Brady being replaced? Also what's this fella Duggan like? I think that new jersey looks ok.. In line with the new O'neills designs (cork etc). More importantly any word of the squad for the McKenna cup?

thewanderer

Paul Duggan is principal of st. malachys ps in armagh and is a member of the Pearse ogs club. His brother Hugh refereed the all-ireland senior final in 1979. Paul has been the armagh youth officer for a few years, should be good for the post.

pearseog

Quote from: Bainisteoir on December 15, 2009, 02:11:08 PM
I don't know the politics of the county board but what were the main reasons for kevin Brady being replaced? Also what's this fella Duggan like? I think that new jersey looks ok.. In line with the new O'neills designs (cork etc). More importantly any word of the squad for the McKenna cup?

think when brady announced the county champions of 2009 as armagh harps said it all

thewanderer

Let me tell u pearseog that was only a minor blip, there have been worse comments during the years. But lets hope Paul wades in with a big iron bar to some of them. I think it is a positive appointment.

Bainisteoir

Quote from: pearseog on December 15, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

think when brady announced the county champions of 2009 as armagh harps said it all

True, that cant help your cause... Ah well if all is to believed on here then good luck to Paul Duggan, sounds like a step in the right direction... theres too many Yes men on the county board someone is needed who can wield the axe from time to time!!

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: pearseog on December 15, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

Have the minors been stripped of their title? ;)

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

THINK IF YOU CHECK THE ARMAGH WESITE HE DOES SAY THE HARPS WHEN PRESENTING CIARAN MC KINNEY THE CUP "FOOL"

Candyman

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on December 15, 2009, 01:26:04 PM
Candy does your avatar represent the amount of pints you drank on sunday  ;)

No No... Thats the body count in the back garden!!!  ;)