Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2009, 01:03:14 PM
With the proposed restructuring of the divisions into just North & South does it not make such a move redundant?  The likes of divisional B leagues will be much better for such restructuring.  Does it mean they'll have to have thirds teams as well??
What is the story with the proposed league restructuring? Are Killeavy & St Pats definitely entering 2nds teams and if so are they keeping their B teams? Personally I would like to see the leagues made smaller with an extra 5th division to try and increase the competitiveness and eliminate pointless end of season games. 10 teams for the top four divisions and the rest in the 5th. Home and away games, get league wrapped up mid-summer in time for championship

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 06, 2009, 08:43:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2009, 01:03:14 PM
With the proposed restructuring of the divisions into just North & South does it not make such a move redundant?  The likes of divisional B leagues will be much better for such restructuring.  Does it mean they'll have to have thirds teams as well??
What is the story with the proposed league restructuring? Are Killeavy & St Pats definitely entering 2nds teams and if so are they keeping their B teams? Personally I would like to see the leagues made smaller with an extra 5th division to try and increase the competitiveness and eliminate pointless end of season games. 10 teams for the top four divisions and the rest in the 5th. Home and away games, get league wrapped up mid-summer in time for championship

We'll not be entering a B team. Think they intend going for 4 divisions of 12. With 5 divisions, the bottom division would only be 8 teams which would mean just 14 games for each team.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Ti Chulainn

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

Old scores will be settled, battlelines will be defended and honour put on the line as Dromintee prepare to withstand an invasion from Ulster and afar in the much-anticipated Fight Night, which will take place in the Carrickdale Hotel on January 16. Top GAA personalities from Antrim, Derry, Down, Louth, Meath and Monaghan will travel to take on the south Armagh natives with a full house expected.

The bill is sure to keep all in attendance entertained with the top bout of new Dromintee manager Aidan O'Rourke and Derry's Paddy Bradley garnering the most attention. Bradley's Glenullin teammate Gerard O'Kane will have to be on his toes as he comes up against Kevin Dyas, who has two years weight-training behind him from his time with Collingwood in Australia.

The Armagh/Down rivalry has always been legendary and Micheal O'Rourke and Shane O'Neill will try and get one over their Mourne neighbours when they come up against Dan McCartan and Aidan Carr respectively.

Colm Coyle began his preparations for his fight 13 years ago in the 1996 All-Ireland final, Pat McEnaney, the referee on the day, wasn't overly impressed with his boxing skills that day and gave him the line. Now the Meath man will get his chance at revenge when he squares up against Ulster's top official.

Whether on the pitch or in the political arena, it seems that there are plenty of people looking to land a blow on Antrim's 'Mr Marmite' Kevin McGourty; now Dromintee and Armagh defender Barry Shannon will get just that chance.

Vincey Martin's Dromintee hardman reputation will also be on the line when he comes up against Louth player Paddy Keenan. There will also be a number of contests involving local fighters on the night.

Aidan O'Rourke, one of the chief organisers, is anticipating a great night of entertainment; 'There'll be no holding back knowing the boys involved, said the former Orchard County All Star. Everyone is taking it very seriously. I know the Ulster lads have been training away and are coming here to win. We are as well. Seamus McCormick and the Sacred Heart Club in Newry have been fantastic in giving up their time in attempting to teach us the ropes.'

Organisers are keen to stress that tickets are selling fast and are encouraging people to get their tickets before Christmas to avoid disappointment.

Tickets for the event cost £10 and can be purchased from www.ticketmaster.ie

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

Picture here:
http://www.hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=121289

winsamsoon

Good craic these nights out but i feel you are missing a trip there lads by only charging £10. I have been at two recently and one cost £30 the other £20 . Even £15 would have increased the profits.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

Agree there win, def should be at least £20 but i will be there for the crack. its £20 now just to sponsor a horse at a nite at the races this is a better nite, missing the boat a bit here!!!

camloughlad

its £30 for a ring side seat.£10 is dead on if there is a family going.mother father and two or three kids talkin £50 then drinks.then there will be a raffle i would say.and its only a few weeks after xmas.it will be a full house i would say if its anything like the jigs and reels.

Bainisteoir

Dyas looks like Oz done him no harm physically looks in some shape... Anyword on this Armagh panel. We are the only county that hasn't announced anything as of yet!!

omagh_gael

Could any of you lads give me directions to get to the Rushmere  centre in Craigavon coming from the M1 Tyrone side?

Cheers, asking here as no point starting a new thread!

one for the road

take the turn off the motorway for the m12 (i think its junction 12)
second turn off the roundabout
take the right hand lane and a right at the traffic lights
straight threw the next set and about 1/2 mile its on your left

stpauls

Quote from: one for the road on December 08, 2009, 10:20:04 AM

no, i made this mistake last night myself, it's junction 11.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: stpauls on December 08, 2009, 10:34:36 AM

What ever the Armagh turn off is...

sharpshooter09

any truth in the romour that benny okane has taken the granemore job??

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: stpauls on December 08, 2009, 10:34:36 AM

Junction 12 takes you off at The Birches

thewanderer

football action obviously in short supply when you,s are gettin directions for a shopping centre. congrats to st. pats college today on a thumping win over st. michaels. murnin and mc geown did most of the scoring. ps el cuervo how did u get on at the big presentation ogs night.

orange2009

Just while we're talking about Rushmere I'll just remind everyone that the North Armagh Launch of the YEarbook takes place there tonight in Eason's:

WEDNESDAY 9TH DECEMBER

Easons Craigavon, Rushmere Shopping Centre - There will be a selection of Senior and Minor Players here, along with the Tom Markham Cup from 7pm until 9pm, with them being available for signing books and for pictures.