Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

TYP, a man in your position should know better. Still, it IS funny to look at  :D
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Anyone know how many of Armagh's 61 points were scored by Stevie?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

I see the McEntees have now confirmed that at 29 they have retired from inter county football.  I know this was announced last year but Im not sure if they ever confrimed it.  Unfortunate that, they would have been a good option to have.  Watched Orchard Harvest recently and I had forgotten just how good and important they were in 2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6524979.stm
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Six Inch Nail

I just read that in The Irish News, right enough David.  I suppose that they would have been good options, but as Tony said 10 or 15 minutes might be all.  To be honest I think that it is the right decision by the boys.  They have been great servants to Armagh, but their current form would suggest that county football might be beyond them.  I would consider myself to be one of the McEntees biggest fans, two good, honest lads with great ability.  And about 2002, John was vital to Armagh.  The amount of scores that the full forward line got directly from him was serious.  Johns form dipped after 2002 because of injury and as a result we haven't had a centre half forward since.  Tonys versitality was well known and probably worked against him, being moved around the team meant that he wasn't given the opportunity to make one position his own.  Good luck to both of them.  Now that they are finished with Armagh I hope that their medal haul has come to an end  ;) ;).
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

David McKeown

I suppose it is the best for them but as I say because we are struggling so badly at the minute I would like to have seen all hands to the pump for once last push.  Not to be im afriad.

On another note any word on the injuries to Ronan Clarke, JP Donnelly, Paul Duffy and the two Mallons

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2007, 03:17:02 PM

On another note any word on the injuries to Ronan Clarke, JP Donnelly, Paul Duffy and the two Mallons

I think Paul Duffy is more or less ready for action.  I would forget about Ronan Clarke, JP Donnelly and Brian Mallon for the rest of the year.  After suffering serious injuries like that its going to take a good while before they are anyway ready for action.  I don't know the first thing about Andy Mallons injury.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Spiritof98

Andy has a cracked bone in his foot
I'll go back if Marsdens back

ard mhaca abu

brian mallon due to return to full trainin in the nxt couple of weeks according to his bebo!

full back

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on April 04, 2007, 03:34:13 PM
brian mallon due to return to full trainin in the nxt couple of weeks according to his bebo!

:D :D :D : :'(

ard mhaca abu

jeysus it wasnt that funny was it!

David McKeown

Yeah I was talking very briefly with Brian Mallon at the Sigerson and he was suggesting hed be back training before the end of the league.  Maybe not though

full back

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2007, 03:44:25 PM
Yeah I was talking very briefly with Brian Mallon at the Sigerson and he was suggesting hed be back training before the end of the league.  Maybe not though

Hehe hehe he told me at the U21 game in Lurgan last week that he's doing well, but it would still be 2 months anyways!  :-\

Donagh

Anyone know the throw-in time for tonight?

David McKeown

7:30 according to bbc sport's website