Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: BenDover on November 19, 2009, 01:48:07 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on November 19, 2009, 12:45:09 PM
Davo and oinion, Anto Duffy will be joining the panel after the u21 cship also JJ is in por plans when he returns from uni in england after xmas. cross players ph,ak,pk,tk,mmcn,dmck  :-X

Anto has no desire to join up with the county just yet, he has 2 more years u21 and seems happy enough in the knowledge that he'll get game time there. Sitting on the bench for the seniors is of no benefit to him or the Ogs, pauric duffy and Loughie are prime examples

Do him no harm being involved untill the club football starts up...

thewanderer

stalking the new management, and havin spys in the hotel :)

bennydorano

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 19, 2009, 02:12:08 PM
Davo and oinion, Anto Duffy will be joining the panel after the u21 cship also JJ is in por plans when he returns from uni in england after xmas. cross players ph,ak,pk,tk,mmcn,dmck  :-X

Anto has no desire to join up with the county just yet, he has 2 more years u21 and seems happy enough in the knowledge that he'll get game time there. Sitting on the bench for the seniors is of no benefit to him or the Ogs, pauric duffy and Loughie are prime examples

Anto's 100% correct to be cautious.  Even at club level you can see young lads being threw in too early and it hampers them longterm.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: armaghpat on November 18, 2009, 10:38:22 PM
Fitzroyalty, it was one of the Senior members of the panel telling me about him being dropped and apparently they cant make any sense of it either as his attitude and work rate was brilliant last year if it had of been otherwise doubt he would have started ahead of the rest. I asked if he'd a bad attitude and was told def not. Im still trying to work it out for myself because I really like him as a player. So have to disagree with ya there. A Size issue was what P Orourke told him. 

Has P.McGrane been confirmed as manager of Eglish?
I stand corrected, I was told last year his attitude wasn't great and then heard the same again this time with his club around the time of the tail end of the IFC ...

Interesting to see parkinson has been rewarded with a place in the squad, fair play he's had some brilliant performances this year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: armaghpat on November 18, 2009, 10:38:22 PM
Fitzroyalty, it was one of the Senior members of the panel telling me about him being dropped and apparently they cant make any sense of it either as his attitude and work rate was brilliant last year if it had of been otherwise doubt he would have started ahead of the rest. I asked if he'd a bad attitude and was told def not. Im still trying to work it out for myself because I really like him as a player. So have to disagree with ya there. A Size issue was what P Orourke told him. 

Has P.McGrane been confirmed as manager of Eglish?

Has anybody got a full list of the squad yet?

Dropping anybody due to size is farcical. If you're good enough, you're big enough. Kevin O'Rourke is good enough.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

But is he big enough ;)

I agree Tac it is a load of shite. Peter the great being a fine example all sizes bring different aspects to the game and we should be encouraging this not giving it as reasons for being out of a panel
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

BenDover

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 19, 2009, 02:12:08 PM

with the club preseason due to start the end of jan i'd say give him the fitness/weights programmes to do but leave him to play club and U21

thewanderer

Kevin o rourke was very poor in the intermediate championship for st micks, seen por at two of the matches he was involved in. he was also not impressive for armagh last year but then again who was. Lets wait and see as the new management deserve the right to select new blood and retain those who they think are best for armagh. In relation to kor whom no doubt donal would have had a say on, would he get his place in the cross forward line? never mind armagh, i would take with a pinch of salt the notion of sayin he is too small, what about some players of similar size who have been selected.

Goats Do Shave

Wanderer... any chance of you posting the squad so we can give our opinion????  ;D

I seen Kevin twice for Netown last year. First game in Ballyhegan he played centre forward, hardly got a kick.

2nd game he played in the full forward line, he was super! Scored one of the best points i ever seen from almost the touch line... wrong side for a right footer. He couldn't miss that day!

Onion Bag

What about Ciaran Mc Kinney,  is he not interested, i always thought and still do that he is the best keeper in the county
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Grubber

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 19, 2009, 06:18:28 PM
Interesting to see parkinson has been rewarded with a place in the squad, fair play he's had some brilliant performances this year.

Is that the big Ogs lad? Only seem him once this year and he wasn't in the game much but have heard good things about him from people who've played against him. Anyone any info on him - what age is he, played college football?

BenDover

Don't think Ciaran McKinney is interested in a return, with regards to DD he's 23 and i think he played for St Pat's but the team wasn't up to much then

thewanderer

Darnel Parkinson was on the armagh u21 squad in 06/07. He is a fantastic athlete and has come on leaps and bounds this year as he spent last summer 08 in san Francisco. his attitude towards training is second to none, hopefully should be a good addition to armagh.

torres

Quote from: crossfire on November 18, 2009, 09:46:25 AM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 18, 2009, 09:33:02 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on November 18, 2009, 09:23:07 AM
I heard there are no dromintee O Rourkes included

I hope Corn02 is ok!!

He emigrated after Granemore beat Dromintee. ;D
CORN02 is now a moderator on OC .

el_cuervo_fc

He's not doing too much moderating at the minute