Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Bendover don't pay any attention to the little school boy he,s just like Kaaat no brains and no football knowledge. He should go back to the school boy board and stay off this one.  ;)

BenDover

it would seem so Petey - just no knowing what these amateurs will come out with next  ??? ???

Bit harsh on the school there

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 09, 2009, 11:28:58 AM

Getting a bit of abuse there rooney

I wouldn't worry about some 14 year old who first post is pure abuse.  He's obviously not a Pearse Ogs man either.

Unlucky for the lads yesterday.  What makes it harder to take is that the game was there for the taking.  It's been a good season all the same  :)

thewanderer

Just on a point of interest yesterday, i see none of the county board management attended the Ogs game to offer support to the county champions. Typical of the set-up we have, fair play to the county sponsor Hugh Morgan for attending. It also showed bad taste to put on the Lurgan area charity match at the same time as the ogs game surely it could have been played on saturday or some evening. Bad Show.

bennydorano

What's the penalty decision a few have been referring to?  Chris Rafferty's?  If so, bowsie.  Never was a pen.  Ref gave a few ropey decisions alrite, but that was never a penalty, Rafferty just run out of ground and options.

A defintie opportunity missed.

thewanderer

what about the decision when maguire was pulled down at the end, the full-back had his arms right round him and pulled him over the end line onto the ground as the ball was kicked in. thats what i was referin too, i seen it this mornin again on the dvd of the match. but as u said ben we left it behind but onwards and upwards hopefully

naka

Quote from: thewanderer on November 09, 2009, 01:00:25 PM
Just on a point of interest yesterday, i see none of the county board management attended the Ogs game to offer support to the county champions. Typical of the set-up we have, fair play to the county sponsor Hugh Morgan for attending. It also showed bad taste to put on the Lurgan area charity match at the same time as the ogs game surely it could have been played on saturday or some evening. Bad Show.
bit harsh,
POR was at the lurgan charity game  which had potentially the pick of the region playing, I would also assume Donal Murtagh would be well versed in the pros and cons of the OGs team

winsamsoon

I agree 100% there should be nothing else on when there is a club going forward representing our county. The county leagues and championships have been well over this past few weeks and there was plenty of time to get fixtures like a town versus county game played. It could even have been played under flood lights during the week and the crowds would probably have been bigger. Staging this game at the same time as the Og's game served no one really it effectively meant that anyone looking to take in both games couldn't.

I never actually made it to the game but i certainly wanted them to win. However with all the hype i had heard about St Gall's and the performances to date of the og's (which in my opinion where not great apart from the cross game) i thought St Gall's would have won by an easy enough margin. However from all accounts they gave a good show and fair play till them it was never going to be easy to step into the boots of the Cross.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: naka on November 09, 2009, 02:44:36 PM
bit harsh,
POR was at the lurgan charity game  which had potentially the pick of the region playing, I would also assume Donal Murtagh would be well versed in the pros and cons of the OGs team

Donal would know more about a veda loaf!!

thewanderer

Thanks Win but i was refering to the county board officals not attending ie the county management not the county managers. And you are correct in that no other games should have taken place at the same time as the Ogs game, but i can understand why POR and his team attended the Lurgan charity game. He will already know which Ogs players he will be trying out.

drici

Planetarium wins the 1-20 at Sedgefield by 6 lengths.

stew

This 123 character will not last long, he is a complete muppet and would be best ignored from now o Tube.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

That game would have meant a lot to Ronan Clarke and the criticism he got from a poster earlier was rough and uncalled for. Clarke loves the Ogs and has been one of their best ever players.

The Ogs will have learned a lot and will now know they can play with anyone in Ulster, they will be hungry to repeat as Armagh champions and Clarke will have a big say in that, no player can be at his best every time out.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thewanderer

Well said Stew, he was very sick up until saturday and to put in the performance he did was nothing but heroic. A lot of other players would have cried off but not Ronan. Thats why he,s one of the best players in Ireland and received the medals and all-stars to date. how,s the big smoke over there. ;)

Shazam

Anywan got a report from the town v country game. Maybe charlie stubbs could find one for us.
Shazam Bang