Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Some ofthe Ogs boys near me were suprised that R Clarke played at all, apparently he was very sick during the week.

naka

cruppen still inwith a shout for 3 u-21s in a row

torres

hard luck to the OGS who by all accounts made a real game of it .

emainmacha

Re Maghery man taste'n div 1 football, if in 50/50 tackle he'd just not talk about it  ::)

fan01

hard luck ogs. wat happened that shorty clarke was not started today.  he was really missed..

ogshead

Quote from: gotthereb4u on November 08, 2009, 05:52:26 PM
Pearse ogs had hard luck today in the ulster club. Experience cost them big time. Andy Mallon and Paul Duffy were unbelieavble at times,superb performances.

However, Ronan Clarkes performance was poor. He kicked a lovely point near the end of the first half but then faded terribly. He looked unfit and a little grumpy at times!! Then he missed what would have been the winning of the game, a horrendous attemp on goal when the ball should have been passed to shorty. Worringly, he didnt look like a county standard footballer today. Chris Rafferty also didnt get into it, think he is a little overrated anyway. lost a lot of possession today and struggled for the 60mins, as did mccoy.

Hard luck ogs and hats off to andy mallon and paul duffy for their powerhouse displays,a credit to the club!!

if you had have known that Ronan had a lung infection you maybe wouldn't have dismissed him so much. Any other time I would have bet the house on him. He has saved the Ogs many times over the years and he is a legend and nobody in the Ogs would say any different. As for what you said about Mc Coy, your talkin through your ass, he was brilliant.... It's looking good for the future and we can look back on a brilliant year for the club on and off the field!! Na Piarsaigh Óga abu!!!

fan01

hope ciaran is not badly injured he will be a big loss for armagh

BenDover

Quote from: ogshead on November 08, 2009, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: gotthereb4u on November 08, 2009, 05:52:26 PM
Pearse ogs had hard luck today in the ulster club. Experience cost them big time. Andy Mallon and Paul Duffy were unbelieavble at times,superb performances.

However, Ronan Clarkes performance was poor. He kicked a lovely point near the end of the first half but then faded terribly. He looked unfit and a little grumpy at times!! Then he missed what would have been the winning of the game, a horrendous attemp on goal when the ball should have been passed to shorty. Worringly, he didnt look like a county standard footballer today. Chris Rafferty also didnt get into it, think he is a little overrated anyway. lost a lot of possession today and struggled for the 60mins, as did mccoy.

Hard luck ogs and hats off to andy mallon and paul duffy for their powerhouse displays,a credit to the club!!

if you had have known that Ronan had a lung infection you maybe wouldn't have dismissed him so much. Any other time I would have bet the house on him. He has saved the Ogs many times over the years and he is a legend and nobody in the Ogs would say any different. As for what you said about Mc Coy, your talkin through your ass, he was brilliant.... It's looking good for the future and we can look back on a brilliant year for the club on and off the field!! Na Piarsaigh Óga abu!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself OgsHead, many a time Ronan has pulled the Ogs out a jail. Regarding Shorty not starting he hasn't trained properly all year afaik he's having serious trouble with his groin's. JP would have been a good help to the Ogs yesterday i think. Overall thought the defence played very well tried hard in Midfield and a few silly wides up front cost the Ogs, this experience will stand the boys in good stead for next year  ;)

flog the lot

Quote from: fan01 on November 08, 2009, 10:04:47 PM

i heard last night that he has just got a badly bruised ankle and is on crutches..

lurganblue

Quote from: flog the lot on November 09, 2009, 09:07:07 AM
Quote from: fan01 on November 08, 2009, 10:04:47 PM

i heard last night that he has just got a badly bruised ankle and is on crutches..

so is the broken leg rumour i heard untrue?

fan01

yea he is suppose to have damaged ligaments which i hear is worse than a break

Paul123

Bendover clearly you have no brains and have never played football before. I expect ur well ugly 2, besides from that I believe the ogs full bck line with Mallon,barton and McCoy wre very gd yedterday as they have been all yr. As for c rafferty he worked hard for 60 mins and shud have had a penalty. Bendover cud I say that u probs kiss boys 2!

thewanderer

Have to say the ogs were a credit to the county yesterday and could have progressed, i felt the referee didnt give a clear penalty and also clarkie was continually being fouled especially in the first half.. Andy , Duff, Hughesy were immense. Unfortunately ronan, anto and davo had bad chest infections all week but they still put in great efforts. Hopefully the ogs can build on this season and with JP, a fit Shorty, and Padraig Duffy just transfered back and Gregory Loughran due back in the new year the squad will strengthened for next season. It was also good to see a number of boys from other clubs there cheering on the Ogs Well Done, as it should be!

BenDover

Quote from: Paul123 on November 09, 2009, 10:40:59 AM
Bendover clearly you have no brains and have never played football before. I expect ur well ugly 2, besides from that I believe the ogs full bck line with Mallon,barton and McCoy wre very gd yedterday as they have been all yr. As for c rafferty he worked hard for 60 mins and shud have had a penalty. Bendover cud I say that u probs kiss boys 2!

Nope never kicked a ball! depends who I'm standing beside (bound to better looking than you) and def not into boys now f**k off back to orchard county waster

RealSpiritof98

Hard luck to the Ogs yesterday, would like to have seen them go to an ulster final, Paul Grimley probably relived he does not have to plan their downfall.

Just a query here and I don't know the whole story so I apologise for my ignorance in advance. I inquired to a St. Pats student about when the casement cup had been played as I was at the final last year and wanted to see this years. I was informed that the college was duly disqualified for failing to field a team for the final on a scheduled school holiday.  Apparently it was supposed to be on the Halloween break, but several of their players who had been part of the successful All-Ireland winning minor team had booked holidays away.  I have heard that the ulster council put it to the other school that they could play the final or take the cup, and in the spirit of school hurling they accepted the cup.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation, seems a bit harsh on the young lads, I know I would not be happy with such a hollow victory.

Getting a bit of abuse there rooney