Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearseog

jp got 2 months so he is out. decky mcauley is out.
shorty has a bad groin dont know if he'l start or not

Muhammed McCarthy

Quote from: pearseog on October 31, 2009, 04:22:46 PM
jp got 2 months so he is out. decky mcauley is out.
shorty has a bad groin dont know if he'l start or not

Wanderer....throw the boots in the boot just in case ;)
Good luck today 8)

thewanderer

MC carthy put them in the boot just in case and then the rain ruined my moment of glory ps thanks for the good luck note ;)

Harold Disgracey

I don't think it has been mentioned yet but the Middletown player B F McCann died suddenly at his home on Sunday. I would like to express my deepest sympathy to the McCann family and the GAA fraternity in Middletown on their sudden and tragic loss. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

mhacadoir

BF was from my own club - a heartbreaking time for the whole family and the community in Middletown. RIP

border rabbit

I'd like to extend my sincere sympathy to the McCann family, and to the Middletown club as a whole. A great loss, and puts everything into context when you hear of such tragedies.

RealSpiritof98

Just Like to extend my deepest sympathy to the McCann family and to the GAA community in Middletown, had some great yarns with BF both as a barman and in Joe's having a pint myself. Sadly missed

Onion Bag

Does anyone know what happened to BF,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The Iceman

Is it just me or are there a lot of young men dying from heart attacks or heart conditions in Armagh and the surrounding area?
Very sad indeed for the family and all of Middletown.  It's a tight knit community and everyone will be mourning his loss.

RIP
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

thewanderer

sad time for the mc cann and middletown gaels.  a tough weekend also for the Pearse og family with the sad death of one of the most passionate ogs loyal members and characters TOMMY POWELL ( TP ). TP was a regular attender over the years at all ogs matches and looked after the score board during games at Pearse Og Park. He was a referee for some years and took charge of a number of county finals. he will be badly missed for the banter and slagging at irish street waterholes at the weekends RIP.

stew

Quote from: thewanderer on November 03, 2009, 04:51:15 PM
sad time for the mc cann and middletown gaels.  a tough weekend also for the Pearse og family with the sad death of one of the most passionate ogs loyal members and characters TOMMY POWELL ( TP ). TP was a regular attender over the years at all ogs matches and looked after the score board during games at Pearse Og Park. He was a referee for some years and took charge of a number of county finals. he will be badly missed for the banter and slagging at irish street waterholes at the weekends RIP.

Ach thats awful, i knew TOMMY Powell fairly well, he sent me off twice and was nice enough to call me a bollocks after the second time, I always had time for him and he me, I am very sorry t hear that.

As for the young lad from Middletown, that is awful and this sort of thing does seem to be happening all too often around Armagh.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Midman

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 03, 2009, 03:18:32 PM
Just Like to extend my deepest sympathy to the McCann family and to the GAA community in Middletown, had some great yarns with BF both as a barman and in Joe's having a pint myself. Sadly missed

BF was a great lad and a handy footballer, I played together with him and his two brothers (the twins) for many a year. I used to have a chat with him anytime I got home to Middletown. A good lad a really tragic loss for the McCann Family. RIP

thewanderer

Another sad occasion in Armagh with the death of Paul (beano) kellys wife Christine who died today after a long battle with illness. Paul was a former player with the Ogs and then with Clady where his late wife hailed from ( nee Mc Cann) and their son Anto is an underage member with the Ogs. RIP for someone so young.

milltown row

Quote from: Midman on November 03, 2009, 09:19:15 PM

BF was a great lad and a handy footballer, I played together with him and his two brothers (the twins) for many a year. I used to have a chat with him anytime I got home to Middletown. A good lad a really tragic loss for the McCann Family. RIP

was that the lad that played RHB for middletown v Naomhgall in interm final?

gander

Quote from: milltown row on November 04, 2009, 09:57:40 PM
Quote from: Midman on November 03, 2009, 09:19:15 PM

was that the lad that played RHB for middletown v Naomhgall in interm final?

No That was Barney McCann, his cousin.