Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Nothing but pure spite frm the harps 2get jp sent of! Shows wot the ogs boys think of him by liftin him on their shoulders after the whistle went. County champions 2009 get in there!

brokencrossbar1

I wasn't far wrong with my 4 point prediction.  Well done today to the Ogs, but it's only half a job done.  Other Ogs teams have won Armagh, none have gone further, time to make history.

wats that 4 ref

has any1 seen the video of the presentation did the co chairman say mr kieran mckinney captain of armagh harps ??? when presenting the cup  ??? i listened to it a few times and thats what it sounds like :o :o

stew

Quote from: BenDover on October 18, 2009, 09:52:04 PM
Nothing but pure spite frm the harps 2get jp sent of! Shows wot the ogs boys think of him by liftin him on their shoulders after the whistle went. County champions 2009 get in there!

Jp is a ticking timebomb and it was no surprise to me tha he got sent off again, especially in this match. I was talking to a friend that is a huge ogs head and he predicted that this would happen and he was correct.

Again well done the Ogs and to bc's point, get in there and win the Ulster and AI, they have the talent and now that they have gotten over the Harps they can relax and hopefully enjoy a run in Ulster and beyond.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

Well done to Pearse Og's.  Gives their fans something to do now instead of smashing the windows of opposing fans cars.

winsamsoon

Game was brutal by all accounts don't expect the Ogs to go any further they just don't have that extra bit of class that is required.

Ref had a decent enough game so no blaim can be apportioned to him. On the Jp Donnelly issue i actually thought he did well evading several attempts by harps lads to nail him. He was then caught by the last man and a melee broke out which the harps seemed to be trying to keep going but it was nothing really so two yellows would have been enough imo

I hope the ogs prove me wrong and go on and give the ulster a good rattle . Good to see a new name on the cup  ;D but for how long can the cross be contained ??? ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Brutal game altogether, not that it will bother the Og's this morning.
The Junior game was probably better and that is saying something

Harps just hadnt the quality up front. Did they even score from play?

P. Hughes had a decent game as well although I did think he gave the Ogs a few soft frees

Og's have a lot of work to do before they can think of advancing in Ulster

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 18, 2009, 07:43:53 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 18, 2009, 02:30:24 PM
paul mcgrane made his comeback, scoring the opening point of the game today in Newtown for Ballyhegan. Unfortunately Davitt's still lost 10 - 7 to the intermediate champions. Kevin O'Rourke score taking the difference. Need to beat the Bridge next week to stay up!

be some escape 4 newtown to stay up now.  would feel sorry for ballythegan to go down, think newtown have got alot of their points when teams have been going through the motions at end of season.  thought if balyhegan cant beat an already relegated bridge they have no one else to blame

Correct Charlie!

Congrats to Ogs - once again their defence was superb yesterday!

illdecide

I think the game panned out pretty much how most people expected it too, what is it with the Harps and 2nd half displays thats 3 or 4 time this year i have seen them and they have not came out for the 2nd half in any of the games. The Og's are very good defensively and most teams will struggle to rattle any kind of score against them, i believe the Og's would get more out of Ronan Clarke if they played him at full forward (he is one of the best full forwards in Ireland) and to me he's not as affective out on the 45 meter line.

The Og's v Belfast hoors, well i hope the Og's can beat them cnuts and if they do they def can win Ulster but for me St Galls will win Ulster as i believe they the best team there at the mo (hope I'm proved wrong though)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

so do i saan because i have Dromore backed at 13/2 ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orange2009

Kieran Hughes says winning the Armagh SFC title is better than winning Sam in 2002

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/Og-Power-to-County-Title.aspx

brokencrossbar1

I actually think that Ogs could give Ulster a great rattle for this sole reason.  They seem to have an excellent defence.  Ulster clubs are won by teams with mean defences and if Ogs can limit sSt Gall's to 10 scores they will beat them as St gall's will have no one to hold Clarke.  I also agree that they should play him on the FF line, particulalry now.  This time of the year you need a strong fcal point in the attack and by playing him in there they can play any kind of ball in and he will win it.  If he takes 3 scores a game and wins 3 scorable frees, which he will, then Ogs will win against St Galls.

ogshead

Just wanted to say congratulations to our boys. Unbelieveable, I'm so proud to be an Ogs man. On another note, I don't why but a lot of newspaper reports and a harps man on the radio yesterday have been saying that the Ogs were a breakaway club from the Harps. This is total bull, the Ogs were formed as a result of the popular street leagues that were about at the time. Anyway, the talking's over and the Ogs are champions. The billboard at Mickeys was brilliant as well

mackers

As others have said, the game panned out as expected, anybody who was turning up to see a classic was always going to be disappointed. The Harps "marquee" players had a mixed day when they all needed to be in top form to win out. Charlie played very well, except for a bad wide, and carried the fight to the Ogs all day long. Thought Holmes played fairly well, Nippy was causing a v good Ogs defence all sorts of problems in the first half but didn't go well in the second when taken out to midfield and Toal had a stinker. Best of luck to the Ogs in the Ulster.
V impressed with the Harps minors who should give the Ulster tournament a big rattle. They are a big strong outfit. There was more football played in 10 mins in the minor match than there was in the whole of the senior game with plenty of talent on show.
Quote from: BenDover on October 18, 2009, 09:52:04 PM
Come off it Ben, what do you expect? If there was an Ogs man who had jumped ship to the Harps, the Ogs boys would've done the same and I wouldn't blame them.  There are certain things that you don't do in our sport and what he did is nearly top of the list!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

umgolaarmagh

No chance mackers, the ogs boys have a bit of class about them, thats why they have fought for 10-12 years for this championship victory and always believed they could win one