Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

you know what  - he would deserve it - he has been the unsung hero of the harps for a long time - I'd love to see him get his medal
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

RealSpiritof98

Anyword on the price in to the game, heard it was £12 in town earlier, bit steep, might have to be a steward for the cuchulainns  ;) ;)

Also is the game on TG4, that might deter a few neutrals from making the trip.

Not gonna make any predictions as I feel it will be all on the day and will come down to the individuals on the field.

tullybrick73

Some new players for Derry panel. Just suggestions and open to discussion:

Joe O'Kane
Collie Devlin
Gavin McLaughlin
Michael McGoldrick
Gavin Donaghy
Blaine Gormley
PJ McCloskey

These are players that I have seen playing and know are good enough. Some may be unavailable due to travelling/not being interested but they have county ability. I haven't seen any of Loup's matches but Brian Doyle sounds like a good player. Is he good enough for county football. Also Paul McVey. Saw a lot of him as an underage player and thought he had great ability.

nashville

Quote from: tullybrick73 on October 13, 2009, 06:50:00 PM
Some new players for Derry panel. Just suggestions and open to discussion:

Joe O'Kane
Collie Devlin
Gavin McLaughlin
Michael McGoldrick
Gavin Donaghy
Blaine Gormley
PJ McCloskey

These are players that I have seen playing and know are good enough. Some may be unavailable due to travelling/not being interested but they have county ability. I haven't seen any of Loup's matches but Brian Doyle sounds like a good player. Is he good enough for county football. Also Paul McVey. Saw a lot of him as an underage player and thought he had great ability.

Absolutely nothing to do with Armagh Club Football and Hurling.

On the game, the nerves are really starting to hit me now I can only imagine how the players are feeling. Both teams have strong players all over the field who can make a difference. Harps have Holmes, McCoy, Vernon, Swift, Toal, Quigley and Kelly, all who would trouble any team. Ogs then have a very strong selection of players round about county standard/well above it like McCoy Rafferty and Duffy in defence, Moore, McManus and 4 Clarkes! Just shows there really will be an excellent standard of players on show this Sunday, as is probably the first time in a long time that both teams will go into the game with a full strength side available so really should tell a tale!

Any Ogs men know what time Loughran's flight in from the states is? He would need some time to get over the jet lag!

Anyone know when the last time a Div. 2 team won the Senior Championship?

fitzroyalty

Good luck to both teams really looking forward to it.. At first I thought Ogs would win with a few to spare but now I wouldn't be so sure. Both teams are strong in all departments, so its hard to call. I take it both have clean bill of health going into weekend?? I'm hoping they go all out attack although that may be a bit wishful, in any case the tension and atmosphere will be class which makes this match so appealing!!Ogs to slip by by a point!

wats that 4 ref

think the game on sunday will be nip and tuck for most of the game with plenty of fouling with paudie making plenty of stoppages and bookings. ;) >:( when the game settles down with 10mis to go ::) i think ogs will have to much in the tank and maybe tag 3/4 scores in a row dont think harps have enough in forward line to do the same especially the way ogs defence have been playing this year.. any betting on a red card for sunday would put the morgage on jp donnelly ;D

BenDover

Quote from: nashville on October 13, 2009, 07:43:59 PM

Any Ogs men know what time Loughran's flight in from the states is? He would need some time to get over the jet lag!

Even if Loughie did fly back he would be ineligable to play (plus I wouldn't start him as I don't think it's fair on the boys who've busted their ass all year :P) for the Ogs so I'm sure he'll be enjoying himself in San Fran waiting to hear the result.

Spirit word on the grapevine is a badly injured quad muscle any truth in this? If so its a bummer for him def deserves a crack at a county final.

mackers

For me the Harps big players (Vernon, Toal, Swift, Holmes) have to play well for Harps to win. Ogs are the better team overall but if Vernon and Swift can dominate midfield and Toal and Kelly take their scores they will win. I'd imagine Andy Mallon will mark Toal, worth the admission fee on its own.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

winsamsoon

Is Hughes fit because he was taken of against Clan Eireann??

Also if Mallon is marking Toal i would fancy Mallon to win this one as Toal lacks the sharpness that mallon has but the lad can take a hell of a score.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

goldenyears

have heard today that justin mcnulty is new armagh trainer - anyone hear this?

also heard john mcentee off to manage burren next year - anyone back that up? rumour mill in full swing; just curious to see if anything of substance here

Cúig huaire

Quote from: goldenyears on October 14, 2009, 01:13:49 PM

Also heard this.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

naka

Quote from: goldenyears on October 14, 2009, 01:13:49 PM

also heard john mcentee off to manage burren next year - anyone back that up? rumour mill in full swing; just curious to see if anything of substance here
::) some good sources about

DuffleKing

John Mc the latest Armagh coaching export!

Could be another in louth soon too i hear...

the scenic route

Talking a look at boylesports odds for the county final there they have it

Ogs 4/9
Draw 15/2
Harps 11/5

Think these odds are a bit harsh on harps think ogs have more firepower but i think the local derby factor will play effect to make this game very close and go right down to the wire which makes me think the draw  may be the value bet or maybe Harps +2 at 5/4
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

nashville

Quote from: BenDover on October 14, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: nashville on October 13, 2009, 07:43:59 PM

Even if Loughie did fly back he would be ineligable to play (plus I wouldn't start him as I don't think it's fair on the boys who've busted their ass all year :P) for the Ogs so I'm sure he'll be enjoying himself in San Fran waiting to hear the result.

Spirit word on the grapevine is a badly injured quad muscle any truth in this? If so its a bummer for him def deserves a crack at a county final.

Why would he be ineligible to play? Surely it's the exact same situation as Kelly, McCoy and McConville who were in San Fran? They came back to play in Quarter Final, just because he comes back later does not make him ineligible to play.

Have heard Ogs men referring to it as their "Johnny Corvan" moment.