Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

illdecide

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on March 27, 2007, 03:50:54 PM
Yes there were three O'Hares, Sean, Kieran and Liam.  All good footballers but no angels.  Sean went to Castleblaney, apparently to get county football with Monaghan as he couldn't get any in Armagh.  Sean and Kieran are two good footballers but maybe lacked that bit of pace needed for intercounty.  Liam has plenty of pace but slightly on the small side for county football, although I thought he done ok in the national league last year.

Malachy Mackin, as far as I know has no older brothers.  Des Mackin used to play for Cullyhanna (was on the county minor team in 92).  He was a great footballer and a good lad too.  As far as I know he is no relation to the other Mackin who would run past 4 men to hit a young fella.

Brick, what is your club?  Against Cullyhanna you can expect alot of dirty play with their manager egging them on all the time.  He also has 3 sons playing for the team who are as dirty bastards as you could meet in a days walking and you aren't even allowed to touch them.

What was the name of the Cullyhanna manager again?, i'll have to look out for them sons if the situation ever arises to give them a bit of their own medicine ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Six Inch Nail

What was the name of the Cullyhanna manager again?, i'll have to look out for them sons if the situation ever arises to give them a bit of their own medicine ;)
[/quote]

Stephen Casey.

Thats bad news for Donnelly and Armagh - he was a decent option.  A bad blow for Ogs too ;)
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Goats Do Shave

I'd say his tranfer will go through without too much trouble now all right!

Get well soon JP!

winsamsoon

Yes goat but which club will be paying for his operation??????????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

I would like to think Armagh will look after him

holylandsniper

Id say whichever club it is will be therer insurance,
to add to that and tie in with another incident, a player picks up injury while with county - should it not be the county and there insurance that sorts it out and not be sent back to club injured but told by county he wasnt injured.

winsamsoon

Yeah but utimately whatever club he is from will be involved at some stage.

winsamsoon

holyland i agree it should be the county that sorts it out because at the end of the day it happened playing for armagh. This could be a tricky oe because if Donnelly were a first time starter then he may be treated a little better. But i am only speculating i don't know enough about the setup.

full back

After the 'gossip' about Brian Mc Guigan, Armagh will ensure he is looked after in the best possible way-make no mistake about it.
John Toal was looked after

holylandsniper

Im on about a minor last few yrs, although was clearly injured was sent back to club being told noting wrong with him same scan read otherwise, as you more or less said if this was starting senior he would have been taken to whoever was neccesary

winsamsoon

Well i would definetly say there would be a certain amount of double standards that would exist in all county panels and a brave majority of club teams

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 28, 2007, 03:49:00 PM
Yes goat but which club will be paying for his operation??????????

winsamsoon you seem to know about these operations, have you much experience on this topic and do you play for a team in Armagh?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

You can call me mack the knife, Lets just say i kick a little ball around the odd time.