Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2007, 01:23:38 PM
The way Armagh are playing at the minute i can't see them getting a result in Portlaoise, i def think they'll beat Westmeath though. On the Armagh v Down thread there was a few lads taking the middle out of the Cullyhanna lads, what is the reason for this? (is it still the Bridge v Cullhanna despute or is there somthing else i don't know about)

Surely when your representing your county it shouldn't matter what your club is you should be getting the support from everyone. I see in the paper today big Joe is looking the U21 game postponed, whats his chances of that?

Without wanting to get into the whole shit about the row again, yes it is still the Bridge v Cullyhanna dispute.  I will never support either McKeever or Mackin again regardless of what colour of jersey they are wearing.  I have no problem supporting Paudie McCreesh because he didn't get up to any badness that day and I'm not against everything Cullyhanna.  However, the 2 aforementioned individuals will get no support or praise from me.  If your club got the treatment we got during and after the fight, right up until Cullyhanna got off scott free you might have a different opinion.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Armamike

QuoteOur Seniors are playing Collegeland this Sunday in a Friendly. Does anybody have any directions to here from Newcastle/Dundrum? Also what standard of they of? Division 3?

Handy enough to find it.  Coming from Newry direction head through Armagh, for the Moy Road. Straight out the Moy road for about 6 miles until you come to Charlemont. Take a right in Charlemont and you are there - the football grounds are on the left. Collegeland are in division 3 and at junior level. They have 1 or 2 players in their ranks by the name of McGeary! 
That's just, like your opinion man.

illdecide

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on March 26, 2007, 02:18:45 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2007, 01:23:38 PM
The way Armagh are playing at the minute i can't see them getting a result in Portlaoise, i def think they'll beat Westmeath though. On the Armagh v Down thread there was a few lads taking the middle out of the Cullyhanna lads, what is the reason for this? (is it still the Bridge v Cullhanna despute or is there somthing else i don't know about)

Surely when your representing your county it shouldn't matter what your club is you should be getting the support from everyone. I see in the paper today big Joe is looking the U21 game postponed, whats his chances of that?

Without wanting to get into the whole shit about the row again, yes it is still the Bridge v Cullyhanna dispute.  I will never support either McKeever or Mackin again regardless of what colour of jersey they are wearing.  I have no problem supporting Paudie McCreesh because he didn't get up to any badness that day and I'm not against everything Cullyhanna.  However, the 2 aforementioned individuals will get no support or praise from me.  If your club got the treatment we got during and after the fight, right up until Cullyhanna got off scott free you might have a different opinion.

Well Six Inch Nail, i do know what went on that night was a disgrace and you certainly have your reasons. That incident certainly created a lot of bitterness between the two clubs, it might blow over if yous play this year without any incidents (needs a good Ref though, don't ask big Sam McClatchy)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Brick Tamlin

so what went on then, what really happened that night.can someone shed some light on this

pintsofguinness

Six Inch nail
I agree with you there but I have an issue with Cullyhanna. The same people who licked our holes after the game telling how ashamed they were of their own team and management went and appointed casey as their manager this year again!

On the Armagh v Down thread there was a few lads taking the middle out of the Cullyhanna lads, what is the reason for this? (is it still the Bridge v Cullhanna despute or is there somthing else i don't know about)
I dont think anyone has said anything that's not true. 

Quoteso what went on then, what really happened that night.can someone shed some light on this
Are you on about Bridge V Cullyhanna? Whole story is on page 52 of this thread.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orcharddugout

Cullyhanna physical? surely not.
Next you'll hear Corrinshego play ringers, Whitecross like the drink, Dorsey hit hard, Harps get a city ref, Dromintee believe they should never have to play in Crossmaglen, Carrickcruppen squabble amongst themselves, Shane O'Neill's are retired from Camlough Rovers, Lurgan teams whinge like no other and Madden dont interbreed.
But it is not true.
So dont believe a word of it. I dont.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2007, 01:45:35 PM
Medial ligament in his knee.  Will miss the rest of the u21s.  Lad is gutted.

Brutal news for him.  wish him all the best

Six Inch Nail

Good point Pint, to select that savage again as their manager is a daming indictment on Cullyhanna football club as a whole, certainly the shits that are running it.

Brick Tamlin

Quite worrying in that from outside the county perspective that our club is due to play them in a challenge pretty soon.
are they just complete dirt bags with one of the most cynical and cowardly thugs playin for them and the county or is it just me.
Mackin and Mc Keever were never even Cullyhanna's best players, i was made to believe that the O Hare boys were the real deal in that club only the eldast i think left them because of their antics, that right?

illdecide

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 27, 2007, 12:54:06 PM
Quite worrying in that from outside the county perspective that our club is due to play them in a challenge pretty soon.
are they just complete dirt bags with one of the most cynical and cowardly thugs playin for them and the county or is it just me.
Mackin and Mc Keever were never even Cullyhanna's best players, i was made to believe that the O Hare boys were the real deal in that club only the eldast i think left them because of their antics, that right?

I haven't played against Cullyhanna in a few years, but the last time i did the O'Hare lads were def some of their better players. Has M Mackin got older brothers who play or played for them as well?
What pissed me off playing there was the car horns dooting every time they scored (which i have to say was usually less scores than ours ;))
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on March 27, 2007, 01:24:14 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 27, 2007, 12:54:06 PM

I haven't played against Cullyhanna in a few years, but the last time i did the O'Hare lads were def some of their better players. Has M Mackin got older brothers who play or played for them as well?
What pissed me off playing there was the car horns dooting every time they scored (which i have to say was usually less scores than ours ;))

the car horns are a f**king ballix. people drive their cars up onto the bank then wind the window down and get out. then when the opportunity arrives they lean into the car to doot the car horn! i dont understand it myself tbh

the O'Hare's were always the best players i saw playing for cullyhanna. Liam used to be a nightmare for defences on his day...

Brick Tamlin

there were 3 O Hare boys werent there, the oldest fella being the most talented apparently. Whatever happened to him. and also how come the Ohares were always overlooked in favour of the likes of that t**ker Mc Keever & Mackin

Six Inch Nail

Yes there were three O'Hares, Sean, Kieran and Liam.  All good footballers but no angels.  Sean went to Castleblaney, apparently to get county football with Monaghan as he couldn't get any in Armagh.  Sean and Kieran are two good footballers but maybe lacked that bit of pace needed for intercounty.  Liam has plenty of pace but slightly on the small side for county football, although I thought he done ok in the national league last year.

Malachy Mackin, as far as I know has no older brothers.  Des Mackin used to play for Cullyhanna (was on the county minor team in 92).  He was a great footballer and a good lad too.  As far as I know he is no relation to the other Mackin who would run past 4 men to hit a young fella.

Brick, what is your club?  Against Cullyhanna you can expect alot of dirty play with their manager egging them on all the time.  He also has 3 sons playing for the team who are as dirty bastards as you could meet in a days walking and you aren't even allowed to touch them.

Brick Tamlin

Down Club, we always seem to play Cullyhanna in challenge matches at this time of year. Always a dirty shower alright. Our team wouldnt really be a physical side let alone have anyone dirty or 'hard' if the term is to be used but we have some nice footballers, and if i recall when takin rings around Cullyhanna they always start to dish the dirty stuff and ends up ruinin the match.
On the O Hare issue ive heard a few Armagh folk sayin that the O Hares would have constantly been overlooked by Kernan, maybe a personal thing. The eldest fella went to Blayney because of all the carry on within Cullyhanna club i heard. Players friggin about and not putting in required comittment etc.

DownFanatic

Any word of any directions yet from Newcastle to Collegeland?