Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emainmacha

The linesmans photo was taken before start of game (more of a test shot to check camera settings) so the man in backround wasn't inside the sideline during play, unless he was at one of the tables in front of dugouts.

Glad a few of you enjoy the pics, though floodlight match photos aren't as good as would like.

nutsy--1

Quote from: torres on September 19, 2009, 12:09:38 PM
Quote from: nutsy--1 on September 19, 2009, 09:11:58 AM
Great photo's, you even got the half time show. :D :D

Torres i don't know how you think Harps will be favourites as granemore have beaten them twice already this year and have beaten two division 1 teams.  i think Granemore will be slight favourites and it should be a very interesting match.
basically nutsy--1 its because in the 2 league meetings the harps were understrength and have since added the likes of p toal , k kelly , d coulter , m mc conville and a few others , so for these reasons i,d say the harps are big favourites to go to the final plus you,s have quigley , morrison to call on so to me thats a very strong line-up nearly on par with what the harps had  out when running c-maglen so close last year and they will put it up  to the ogs / c eirann in the final .

Good point maybe harps will be favourites for it but granemore will be hard to beat and hopefully it will be a good match to watch against two good teams. Has granemore a chance of promotion still???

another thing, i think its good to see the young ones on the pitch at half time they don't do much harm and once the game is about restart they clear off.

torres

yeah nutsy--1 still a chance of promotion beat tir na nog by 7 pts today still have maghery to play twice ,silverbridge,ballymcnab , were 2 pts behind maghery with a game in hand .
hopefully the championship  will be a good game between 2 well-matched sides and anything can happen on the day but still feel the harps have a lot more options . reguarding the youngsters on the field , i dont think its right that 50/60 kids with hurleys and footballs should be allowed on the field yet the subs are,nt .

crossfire

I have been on holiday abroad all week and didn't read this weeks papers ( irish news ) until tonight.
An awful lot of hype.
Too many interviews
Surely these young lads should not have been allowed to give interviews to journalists on the eve of this important match. :o :o
Hope it does not affect their performance.

bellaghy_lad

well done to armagh minors. great finish.

topgun

Congrats to all involved with the minors great way to round off a great year unbeaten.

As a young lad of 10 my earliest memory of armagh, was a 17 point hammering in the first round of the ulster at the hands of Derry in the Athletic Grounds in 1995 and then in 1997 a defeat to Tyrone up in Omagh in the championship, so when in 1999 up in ballybofey after the nightmare start, a draw seemed an unreal result, but winning ulster that year was outstanding, the first in 17 years, so if someone would had have siad to me that in the next ten years that we would win our first all ireland 2002 and national league 2005, u21 all ireland 2004, and today a minor all ireland 2009, along with ulster minors 2005, ulster u21 2006, and 7 senior ulsters i would have laughed my head off so thanks Armagh for a great ten years and hopefully the next ten will be even better.   
a prophet is not recognised by his own

tree tops

Congratulations on the minor win yesterday from a Dungiven Gael

full back

OUTRIGHT BETTING

4/9 - PEARSE OGS
9/2 - GRANEMORE
9/2 - ARMAGH HARPS
11/1 - CLANN EIREANN

MATCH BETTING

Evs HARPS   7/1 DRAW   GRANEMORE Evs

1/5 PEARSE OGS   8/1 DRAW   CLANN EIREANN 4/1

BETTING FROM BAR-ONE RACING

teletubby

Wel done to the armagh minors great result.

crossfire

Quote from: topgun on September 20, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
Congrats to all involved with the minors great way to round off a great year unbeaten.

As a young lad of 10 my earliest memory of armagh, was a 17 point hammering in the first round of the ulster at the hands of Derry in the Athletic Grounds in 1995 and then in 1997 a defeat to Tyrone up in Omagh in the championship, so when in 1999 up in ballybofey after the nightmare start, a draw seemed an unreal result, but winning ulster that year was outstanding, the first in 17 years, so if someone would had have siad to me that in the next ten years that we would win our first all ireland 2002 and national league 2005, u21 all ireland 2004, and today a minor all ireland 2009, along with ulster minors 2005, ulster u21 2006, and 7 senior ulsters i would have laughed my head off so thanks Armagh for a great ten years and hopefully the next ten will be even better.

Good post.
Some of us really do appreciate our recent success but there are other so called fans who are still not happy. ???

Ulster Exile

9-2 on Harps seems like great value to me.

wats that 4 ref

well done to the management team and players on a great year winning the league,ulster and now all ireland unbeaten so well done to all.The future is bright its orange and white ;) have faith in youth get rid of the deadwood even if it takes 2/3 years to win something.

crossfire

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on September 21, 2009, 09:50:22 PM
well done to the management team and players on a great year winning the league,ulster and now all ireland unbeaten so well done to all.The future is bright its orange and white ;) have faith in youth get rid of the deadwood even if it takes 2/3 years to win something.

It's a bit disrespectful to describe players, who have given their all for the county over a number of years, as deadwood.

You must have been some player yourself. ???

nutsy--1

I see the Mc Entee's has hung the boots, i can't say im suprised and i expect a few others aswell. they've had a brilliant career and are role-models for any young person to look up to.