Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Did the man himself get any punishment tacadoir?   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 13, 2009, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 13, 2009, 12:35:29 PM

And yes, I can confirm we've been put out of the championship for next year.

And in your opinion TAM is the punishment fair?

Well I've always said that there's something inheriently unfair about players being punished for something they've had nothing to do with but the county board can only be expected to deal harshly with someone assualting a referee. Its just not acceptable and I've no real complaints about the punishment. My worry is that this could set the club back years and just when we looked like we were making strides towards challenging for major honours and have some excellent young players coming through. Its going to be very hard to motivate players next year, especially those travelling distances to play for us, and no doubt our league form will suffer as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

nutsy--1

Quote from: Unknown on September 13, 2009, 10:36:56 AM
Who's coulter??

It's either Coco Coulter the captain of the minors last year who won the championship, or else declan coulter who's came back after cuchulainns went out of the championship.

alot people not giving vernon praise for his performance, he was playing wing half back which i don't think he's ever done in his life and still managed to get a goal. I heard the replay is Friday Night at half 7 in the athelic grounds.

bennydorano

Even when we were 8 or 9 points up I didn't feel we were playing well.  WE made too many positional changes to our starting and line up and the players seemed a bit a sea at times, how we were 5 pionts up at ht was a mystery.  Some changes worked well, like Peadar at ff to run the legs of the big fb, but others like Charlie at whb were mystifying, why play an intercounty midfielder there?  Thought harpo had a very good game but there is no need for him to play chf forward as he's there for breaking ball and scavenging and doesn't have to do from such a pivotal position, could do it just as well from 10 or 12.

team I'd like to see for replay
Richards
k morris, N McArdle, Gill
McCoy, holmes, McConville
Charlie & Philly McKinney
Harpo, Nippy, Ultan Lennon
Kevnign Kelly, Peadar, Joe Quigley

Clans will obviously take great heart from the game, but have to say it's ours to lose, we have far more talent, it's just getting them to play as a team.

fitzroyalty

yellowcard

I think there is more improvement in that Harps team than Clans but fair play to Clans they showed a lot of fighting spirit last night. However if Harps play a few more of their returning players from the start (and they will now be justified in doing so) they have too much ability for Clans. Was impressed with Toal last night, that man is an enigma. Its also guaranteed that the county board will arrange it that Harps and Ogs avoid each other in the semis.

Incidentally I see Grimley has steered Clontibret into the Monaghan county final. i know its a bit further down the line but there could be a possible collision with Ogs in the Ulster semi-final. Interesting.

illdecide

Mullaghbawn & Killeavy both relegated then
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Harold Disgracey

Middletown beat Keady by 9 points in the hurling final 3-14 to !4 points. Could have been more. Middletown much the better team.

winsamsoon

any latests from the Clann Eireann game
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Harold Disgracey

Clan Eireann won by a point & now play the Ogs in the semis I believe.

Onion Bag

Harps Ogs Final could still be on the cards then, Interesting
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 13, 2009, 06:52:03 PM
Harps Ogs Final could still be on the cards then, Interesting
Likewise an all-Lurgan final  ;)

Onion Bag

absolutely, a strong possiblity of a good derby final
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fitzroyalty

Clann Eireann were impressive tonight, maybe whitecross underestimated them slightly and could have been more in it had all c/eireanns men stayed on the field. ref was poor, wouldn't let the game flow and blatantly favoured whitecross, the first sending off for clann eireann was diabolical. clann eireann were more physical and it was evident, they were dominant around the middle and their tackling was impressive. henderson was poor by his standards but still nicked a goal.