Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

On a side note... What the f**k was the craic with the harps supporters over in the stands loudly cheering clans wides like they were at a premier league soccer match?

Unknown

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: lurganblue on September 13, 2009, 10:04:13 AM
On a side note... What the f**k was the craic with the harps supporters over in the stands loudly cheering clans wides like they were at a premier league soccer match?

That's rich coming from a Clans supporter

lurganblue

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on September 13, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on September 13, 2009, 10:04:13 AM

That's rich coming from a Clans supporter

brilliant response! No answer at all.
I've no problem admitting our supporters are slabs. It's well known.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: yellowcard on September 13, 2009, 09:43:39 AM
Heard last night that Cullyhanna were thrown out of next years championship. Since no-one has given an accurate account of what actually happened after the Granemore game, its hard to comment on whether this punishment is justified or not.
Maybe Tacadoir can, he's been very quiet.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

back off the net

The countyboard have some face on them trying to take cullyhanna out off the c ship for next year thats a rule that you just can not do i think the countyboard have enough on there plate with this meeting on monday night with all the clubs and then with the county players so people can ask y they did not want paul as armagh manager.Armagh must have the worse county board in ulster i think paddy og should step down along with all the other pricks that are around that table.cullyhanna will be playing in next years c ship the have a great team at getting out by using loop holes in the rules ha ha. just think back to the cullyhanna and the bridge fight when every player and manager from cullyhanna beat the life out off the bridge players and not one player served any time they know the rules so well in what you can and cannot do

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2009, 11:14:03 AM
Heard last night that Cullyhanna were thrown out of next years championship. Since no-one has given an accurate account of what actually happened after the Granemore game, its hard to comment on whether this punishment is justified or not.

It's a big knock for St Pats.  Their league form could easily suffer next year with no appeal of a championship.  It's up to the club now to reprimand the individual.  It's not fair on the players and the club should punish him accordingly

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on September 13, 2009, 11:30:05 AM

It's a big knock for St Pats.  Their league form could easily suffer next year with no appeal of a championship.  It's up to the club now to reprimand the individual.  It's not fair on the players and the club should punish him accordingly
Reprimand him jimmy? are you serious? This is St Pats we're talking about. 

If it was any other club I'd say the punishment was unfair since it was one individual involved but considering the incidents the club has been involved in the last few years I've zero sympathy, in fact, it has been a long time coming. 

That said, I'll imagine they'll be appealing and I'll be surprised if they arent in next years championship. 

Joxer

Quote from: back off the net on September 13, 2009, 11:22:29 AM
The countyboard have some face on them trying to take cullyhanna out off the c ship for next year thats a rule that you just can not do i think the countyboard have enough on there plate with this meeting on monday night with all the clubs and then with the county players so people can ask y they did not want paul as armagh manager.Armagh must have the worse county board in ulster i think paddy og should step down along with all the other pricks that are around that table.cullyhanna will be playing in next years c ship the have a great team at getting out by using loop holes in the rules ha ha. just think back to the cullyhanna and the bridge fight when every player and manager from cullyhanna beat the life out off the bridge players and not one player served any time they know the rules so well in what you can and cannot do

Gimp!

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2009, 11:34:46 AM
Quote from: Jimmy Joe on September 13, 2009, 11:30:05 AM

Reprimand him jimmy? are you serious? This is St Pats we're talking about. 

If it was any other club I'd say the punishment was unfair since it was one individual involved but considering the incidents the club has been involved in the last few years I've zero sympathy, in fact, it has been a long time coming. 

That said, I'll imagine they'll be appealing and I'll be surprised if they arent in next years championship.

I'm not arguing with the county boards decision.  As you said, it's been a long time coming for St Pats.  But the club should also take action on the offender.  It is after all up to the club to control both players and supporters. 

pintsofguinness

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2009, 11:46:19 AM
Some chance of that Jimmy.

Well considering who is involved you could be right

illdecide

Well from our match last night all i can say is we got out of jail alright with 15 Min's to go we were 8 or 9Pt's down...did Harps take their foot of the gas?, did the Clans up it a few gears? who knows. The Clans did drop 3 short into the keepers hands in the first 10 Min's along with numerous wides. However, the Harps took control from then and totally dominated until the last 15 Min's. They fully deserved their lead and TBH i thought we were dead and buried, we got a point and within a minute we got our goal which lifted us.

As for the free kick at the end i thought it was a soft enough free TBH but a few guys from that part of the ground say he was tripped so I'm not complaining at all. Best for the Clans was D McAlinden (overall) as most of them played rightly in the last 15.

Harps played rightly and i thought the no12 (i think) played well and for being small he def got some good hits in and was all over the show (was it Ebby Toal?), i was disappointed with C Vernon who did score the Harps goal and got plenty of possesion but did very little with it.

How will the replay go? is the momentum with Clans now? will Harps be determined not to let the Clans of the hook this time? We'll find out on Fri night saaan.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

Whether I can or not is none of your business.

As it happens I've been busy with more important things in the last week and haven't had access to the internet since the match until last night.

And yes, I can confirm we've been put out of the championship for next year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Smokin Joe

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 13, 2009, 12:35:29 PM

And yes, I can confirm we've been put out of the championship for next year.

And in your opinion TAM is the punishment fair?