Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wats that 4 ref

i heard talk that the men in black are going to strike this weekend over the incident after the g`more st pats game,if true no league games are even championship games,dont think they would have the balls sure isnt that why they are refs and not players ;D ;)

winsamsoon

Well there is certainly no news of our championship game being called off.

It would be a shame if the refs were to go out on strike and to be honest it would be totally uncalled for. Fair enough an incident happened and no one should try and justify it but to punish the rest of the county is just unacceptable. What have the clans or the Harps got to do with a certain person from Cullyhanna hitting  a ref. The person to be punished is the individual and if neccessary his club. Leave the rest out of it. Refs make mistakes all the time and players don't throw their toys out of the pram and go on strike. They may argue and call them a few names but that would be it.

On  lighter note i think the GAA should look at implementing women refs to our game. I don't think they would get half the abuse and just think of the beating the clown would get if they laid a finger on her :D :D ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

just spoke to loco the rumour could be right, i asked him and he put the thumb and jestured his hands in some strange way.

thewanderer

BC1 roll back the years see you made the gaelic life

bennydorano

Never mind the shite. 

Looking forward to this weekend's games, hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves.  Plenty of skelping at training this week, good to see, haven't seen them as nasty in a long time.

What's the prices about Lurgan gents for the Harps v Clans?  Haven't seen any prices in Armagh bookies here, but have heard Harps at 8/13?  Not suprising but I'd imagine the situation would be reversed near Lurgan.

This one will be tight, but hard to see anything other than a Whitecross win in the other game.

thewanderer

benny key forward missing? could be critical.

thewanderer

Just after speaking to a Culloville man, big weekend for them, mullabawn and killeavey. Some talk of Ogs having a few injuries and resting players? but the clubs shouldnt be relying on other clubs at this stage. lookin forward to the weekend games.

el_cuervo_fc

French's Betting outright:

Clans 4/5 draw 7/1 and Harps 6/5

Clan Eireann 5/2 Draw 15/2 and Whitecross 4/11

bennydorano

Paddy Power has it Clans 10/11, Harps 11/10

6/5 is an attractive looking price.

armaghniac

Many people expected that Culloville would have progressed in the Intermediate championship and that Pearse Ógs would be licking their wounds. Instead Culloville are trying to save something from the season and the Ógs are only thinking of this game in relation to the their next championship fixture. This is what makes sport interesting.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 11, 2009, 02:53:23 PM
French's Betting outright:

Clans 4/5 draw 7/1 and Harps 6/5

Clan Eireann 5/2 Draw 15/2 and Whitecross 4/11

Aye French just copies the Odds from that Bar One Racing...

I hear Marsden & O'Hagan are playing tomorrow nite...not...where the feck did that crop come from, heard the lads talking about it last night.

Should be a good game and i certainly wouldn't like to have big money on either team...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thewanderer

sure johnny Corvans playing for the Harps.  ps please leave ur loud mouth critics at home and thats for the clans sake, maybe they,ll still be in the pubs after cheering glenavon.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on September 11, 2009, 03:27:55 PM
sure johnny Corvans playing for the Harps.  ps please leave ur loud mouth critics at home and thats for the clans sake, maybe they,ll still be in the pubs after cheering glenavon.

Sounds like you're right good at the slabbering yourself saan, i dunno what your selling or smoking but keep it to yourself
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlie stubbs

Quote from: thewanderer on September 11, 2009, 03:27:55 PM
you going see the armagh city game saturday wanderer? ;)

charlie stubbs

saturday nights game be a tight one.  clans improved quite a bit in the second half of the season, i remember after their defeat against sarsfields in trasna in the early part of the year alot of people condemning them to relegation so fair play to them for turning it around.  only saw them once this year against mullaghbawn was impressed with them, but not sure if it was them good or mullaghbawn bad.  will need big game from austin in the middle to help stop holmes/vernan/richards/swift.  also will need a big game from young campbell upfront along with marty lavery to try and get the scores. 

harps on the other hand got off to a flyer this year winning the first 4 games before drawing with the tones.  a terrible run after that meant that their season fizzled out somewhat, dissapointing for a team tipped by many to win the league at a canter after pushing cross so close last year.  they seemed to have improved over the last few weeks stringing together a few wins, including a convincing win over the nab in the championship.  they will be looking for big games from vernan/holmes/swift(who always impresses me at club level) and will rely on joe quigley for most of their scores.  marty mckenna probably be used as a good target man his battle with mickey austin be an interesting one. 

from a neutrals point of view, would like harps to progress because would love to see a harps ogs final(anyone know the lastime this was?) but it would also be good for north armagh football for the clans to progress where they would fancy their chances of going the whole way.  harps bench may just swing this game for them with toal and the other 2 lads coming back from america.  could be a draw this one but if had to pick a winner fancy harps to win by a point