umgolaarmagh

would seamus heffernan and big liam be interested in going for it

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: yellowcard on September 10, 2009, 06:35:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 10, 2009, 06:04:17 PM
Quote from: wats that 4 ref on September 10, 2009, 10:16:02 AM
wat about ogs manager brendan hughes as armagh manager he has ogs flying and must know his stuff would be better than houllie ???
We're really clasping at straws now aren't we.

I'm not saying he's the right man for the job, because I know little or nothing about him . However he's obviously doing a good job with Ogs and has been involved with the county minors the last time they won Ulster (2005 I think). Maybe you can tell us why it would be such a bad choice considering some of the names mentioned to date. Lots of people are simply looking a marquis name based on a playing career.

All the best managers had to be thrown in at the deep end at some point. Whilst not all great players make great managers the contra argument can be made that sometimes great managers weren't necessarily great players. You only have to look at the premier league in England for evidence of this.
You know little or nothing about him but you think he could do the job because the ogs beat cross last week?  See that's the problem we're left with, I'm not having a go at you or the man himself.  We're just left clutching at straws because the whole thing is such a mess.  Next week we'll be down to suggesting members of the gaaboard for the position. 

I agree with the rest of what you're saying too.  In particular Oisin (no harm to him either) but has he ever done ANY coaching or managing? and the others named have taken a couple of clubs each and Smyth, I'm told, has taken one, his own.  I mean, Jesus christ!

btw, whoever does take it should get immunity from criticism!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

onion bag and the wanderer would do a job for armagh ;D ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 10, 2009, 06:46:09 PM
wat about ogs manager brendan hughes as armagh manager he has ogs flying and must know his stuff would be better than houllie ???

I'm not saying he's the right man for the job, because I know little or nothing about him . However he's obviously doing a good job with Ogs and has been involved with the county minors the last time they won Ulster (2005 I think). Maybe you can tell us why it would be such a bad choice considering some of the names mentioned to date. Lots of people are simply looking a marquis name based on a playing career.

All the best managers had to be thrown in at the deep end at some point. Whilst not all great players make great managers the contra argument can be made that sometimes great managers weren't necessarily great players. You only have to look at the premier league in England for evidence of this.
You know little or nothing about him but you think he could do the job because the ogs beat cross last week?  See that's the problem we're left with, I'm not having a go at you or the man himself.  We're just left clutching at straws because the whole thing is such a mess.  Next week we'll be down to suggesting members of the gaaboard for the position. 
I agree with the rest of what you're saying too.  In particular Oisin (no harm to him either) but has he ever done ANY coaching or managing? and the others named have taken a couple of clubs each and Smyth, I'm told, has taken one, his own.  I mean, Jesus christ!

btw, whoever does take should get immunity from criticism!

not a bad idea, Umgola certainly knows his stuff, with El Cuevo in his back room team,

umgolaarmagh

would depend alot on the budget, dont want to bankrupt the CB

Onion Bag

yous lads wouldnt be long going through a few pound alright, there would be a lot of w'ends away

yellowcard

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 10, 2009, 06:46:09 PM

btw, whoever does take it should get immunity from criticism!

Definitely not but it's unfair to pre-judge a man when the truth is that we don't know of his capabalities or limitations. Unfortunately given the names of the other candidates involved it looks like we're scrapping in the bargain basement of managers of which Hughes could be one possibility.

Failing the absence of a white knight to sponsor a big name appointment (a la Galway with Aer Arann) this will continue to be the case. Many of the 2002 team are too close to the players, lack experience and in any case wouldn't accept the job under the current regime so we are looking at a limited list of alternatives.

If the county board were to tender the sponsorship of the county team to the highest bidder and hunt down the best man for the job with this package this would be the best route to take. Unfortunately this would take too much time and in any event would never be allowed happen under the present set up anyway.

wats that 4 ref

pints should throw his name in the hat he seems to know everthing about anything and every1 else seems to be "against" him perfect or should i say typical for armagh manager, :P and bc1 could be his no 2 be like the media man talking down the teams chances while talking up the opponents. ;) ;D whoever gets it i dont think it really matters because armagh wont see croke park for a senior game in a while unless they get the dubs for a qaulifier ;) :D

teletubby

whats the story with the right up in the Irish news today about Paul G is the door still open or is that just news paper shit?

JUst retired

I think it is just a reporter filling a story.No truth whatsoever.Not an unkown thing for papers.
It suits them to keep the pot boiling,as it sells papers. I saw a lot of their reporters in the City hotel last night, Is their something in the wind? There were also County players there. And as well as all that our own Martin Maguiness,with his minder. Now all this is absolutely true. But?
Is Marty taking over? Are we about to get a big announcement? It could be. :o

JUst retired

Sorry guys, my mistake, it was the Irish News allstar awards!!!!. But see how easy it is to invent something. ;D

charlie stubbs

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on September 10, 2009, 08:19:42 PM
pints should throw his name in the hat he seems to know everthing about anything and every1 else seems to be "against" him perfect or should i say typical for armagh manager, :P and bc1 could be his no 2 be like the media man talking down the teams chances while talking up the opponents. ;) ;D whoever gets it i dont think it really matters because armagh wont see croke park for a senior game in a while unless they get the dubs for a qaulifier ;) :D
ciaran mc keevers place on the panel threw into doubt and stripped of the captaincy!

thewanderer

seen dis in kerrs yday trying on an armagh tee-shirt could be some truth in this rumour. however loco was with him which means stumpy could be gettin shafted for the motivator job. ;D