Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2009, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on September 09, 2009, 12:07:53 PM
BC1 have a life and accept the good nature respect. Ive seen in the past not as gracefull respect by some of the team when the beat teams. But it was exellent on sat nite.

wanderer, I think you picked me up wrong.  I think its great that people appreciate that we accepted defeat graciously, but what else would we do?  It should be a basic part of the game.  There may have been isolated incidents in the past of a lack of respect but in general it would not be the case.

possibly the sentiments are directed more at your support bc?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2009, 12:45:02 PM
BC1 have a life and accept the good nature respect. Ive seen in the past not as gracefull respect by some of the team when the beat teams. But it was exellent on sat nite.

wanderer, I think you picked me up wrong.  I think its great that people appreciate that we accepted defeat graciously, but what else would we do?  It should be a basic part of the game.  There may have been isolated incidents in the past of a lack of respect but in general it would not be the case.

Well, I can't account for the supporters, but like very club Cross has good supporters and gobshite supporters.

SuperHans

speaking of r henderson, wat are ppls views on his playing time in the ulster championship?? he seemd to start the season with a bang

will marty mccoy and mark mcconville start next week for the harps due u reckon or are they still state side??

Ulster Exile

In the spirit of the Cross supporters conversation. I really can't believe they were beat, I mean I can't believe they were let beat if that makes sense? The day a team was on top of Cross in the last few minutes of a game I would have expected it to be like an armagheddon scene, mobs adorning the pitch with pitchforks to make sure the game was abandoned and Cross lived to fight another day.

Very surprised.

thewanderer

There back this week but cant see them starting due to players already in the team total commitment, that will also exclude pt. Also cant see the standard in the states havin they up to championship pace?

Winnie Peg

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2009, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2009, 12:45:02 PM

Well, I can't account for the supporters, but like very club Cross has good supporters and gobshite supporters.
Why did I have to always have to stand beside the gobshites then! ;D

lowball

Henderson probably deserved more championship game time or at least a prolonged run in the team as he seemed to be dropped very quickly after an impressive start.

But we don't know how he was training or going in internal games. He actually surprised me as I didn't think he was up to it.

JUst retired

Ulster Exile,
I am not a "Cross" supporter, but I think your comments are in very bad taste. I have played against them, supported my team against them,and watched them many times,I never saw any one do anything wrong win or lose. I think you should apoligise for your comments on a great club. :-\

AFS

Quote from: lowball on September 09, 2009, 02:35:54 PM
Henderson probably deserved more championship game time or at least a prolonged run in the team as he seemed to be dropped very quickly after an impressive start.

But we don't know how he was training or going in internal games. He actually surprised me as I didn't think he was up to it.

Ryan deserved to be dropped, and he wasn't dropped quickly. After the Wexford game he started the next three league games and was very poor, getting taken off in each of them. I hope next year he can add a bit more consistency to his obvious talent.

Diet Coke

Quote from: AFS on September 09, 2009, 05:54:46 PM
Quote from: lowball on September 09, 2009, 02:35:54 PM

Ryan deserved to be dropped, and he wasn't dropped quickly. After the Wexford game he started the next three league games and was very poor, getting taken off in each of them. I hope next year he can add a bit more consistency to his obvious talent.
Let him stick to the soccer 8)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Ulster Exile

Quote from: JUst retired on September 09, 2009, 02:40:31 PM
Ulster Exile,
I am not a "Cross" supporter, but I think your comments are in very bad taste. I have played against them, supported my team against them,and watched them many times,I never saw any one do anything wrong win or lose. I think you should apoligise for your comments on a great club. :-\

Good man yourself.

teletubby

Quote from: Ulster Exile on September 09, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: JUst retired on September 09, 2009, 02:40:31 PM
Ulster Exile,

Im not a cross supporter either and id have to agree i never seen them conduct themseleves to badly.

teletubby

Has anyone heard any more nominees for the armagh senior post?

Armamike

Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 09, 2009, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2009, 11:22:24 AM
I find it strange that people feel the need to compliment us on our behaviour.  The one thing the team has always been in defeat and victory is respectful and dignified.  It is obviously a commentary on the way other teams operate rather than the way we do but to me that is a sad state of affairs

Give me a bucket. ::) Statistics show that Nemo Rangers arew the best club team of all time.

Most successful club and most successful club team are two different things.
That's just, like your opinion man.

stew

Quote from: teletubby on September 09, 2009, 09:09:57 PM
Has anyone heard any more nominees for the armagh senior post?

Houlie was interviewd by the CB tonight, Oisin would be his running mate and by all accounts things went well.

Houlie managed the minors a few years back and would be a good man to serve the county for a year until McGeeney takes over.

BTW, he and Oisin used to own greyhounds together, they get on well and are two legends, heres hoping. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.