Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

They could lie. Te Harps could beat any team on their day. I'd say they are the one team the Og's would like to avoid.

I'd like to see Whitecross go farther, they've been the best footballing team i've seen this year.

wats that 4 ref

I'd like to see Whitecross go farther, they've been the best footballing team i've seen this year.
[/quote] 
  ??? ??? i take it you wernt at the ogs and cross game sat night then goats  ;D :D ;) you need to get out more ;D ;D have w`cross not lost 2 games this year :P ;D

lowball

Whitecross are a good footballing side and fully deserve to be where they are in the quarter final of the championship. As a neutral I too would also like to see them progress.

They may have lost 2 games this year but look at all the teams left in each championship and look at their league results........League and championship are two different things, some have the bottle for it and some just bottle it...

Goats Do Shave

You seem to have taken offence wt4r!

Maghery beat Whitecross on both occasions I believe.

I just liked the way they play. Have you seen them yourself?

crossfire

At what stage did the assault on the referee take place on Sunday night.

I watched the game from the covered area on the far side and after the final whistle i walked across the pitch to the ceannaras.
I was about for at least 5 minutes after the game ended and did not see anything.

winsamsoon

well you shouldn't have been on the pitch crossfire as this could hae led to a fine ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 08, 2009, 08:00:32 PM
well you shouldn't have been on the pitch crossfire as this could hae led to a fine ;)

I'm a child so that would be OK then i suppose. ;) ;)

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 08, 2009, 03:33:51 PM
You seem to have taken offence wt4r!

Maghery beat Whitecross on both occasions I believe.

I just liked the way they play. Have you seen them yourself?
yes i seen them a few times this year, they beat harps handy in abbey park but harps had quit a few missing and just didnt look bothered. i also seen them beat what looked like an understrength maghery team in championship,so by all accounts they wernt tested fully when ive seen them tbh. they move the ball v quickly and can take a score but like i said before their weakness is they have no big men and could struggle against ogs and harps when the thing heats up but i wouldnt count out c`eireann yet with henderson in your team you never know.

davo

Firstly id like to congratulate the ogs on their victory. I was not only impressed with the way they won the match but also their conduct after the game. It was a credit to them as they know they have won nothing yet.

What can anyone say about cross? what a team. in my eyes the best club team there has ever been. They dug deep but it wasnt to be their night. I also need to comment on their conduct after the game. They were very sporting and are a credit to themselves and their club. it was great to see both teams behaving in that manner with total respect for each other.

Congratulations the granemore. they were by far the better team and will be very dangerous opponents for whoever they meet.

This weekend i expect a harps and whitecross victory leaving only 1 division 1 side in the competition.

I see the ogs are down to play culloville this weekend in the league. if ogs win this do culloville go down? i cant see the ogs fielding their strongest team. no doubt killeavy and mullabawn will be watching this closely!!!

brokencrossbar1

I find it strange that people feel the need to compliment us on our behaviour.  The one thing the team has always been in defeat and victory is respectful and dignified.  It is obviously a commentary on the way other teams operate rather than the way we do but to me that is a sad state of affairs

Winnie Peg

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2009, 11:22:24 AM
I find it strange that people feel the need to compliment us on our behaviour.  The one thing the team has always been in defeat and victory is respectful and dignified.  It is obviously a commentary on the way other teams operate rather than the way we do but to me that is a sad state of affairs

Give me a bucket. ::) Statistics show that Nemo Rangers arew the best club team of all time.

DuffleKing

yeah,, that's silly oul sentimental shite, which is patronizing to cross at best.

thewanderer

BC1 have a life and accept the good nature respect. Ive seen in the past not as gracefull respect by some of the team when the beat teams. But it was exellent on sat nite.

full back

From Orchard County

4/5  - CLAN NA GAEL
7/1 - DRAW
6/5 - ARMAGH HARPS

5/2 - CLANN EIREANN
15/2 - DRAW
4/11 - WHITECROSS

Amended Senior Prices Outright

OUTRIGHT BETTING FOR THE SFC

4/7 - PEARSE OGS
9/2 - GRANEMORE
6/1 - CLAN NA GAEL
13/2 - WHITECROSS
8/1 - ARMAGH HARPS
14/1 - CLANN EIREANN

Betting From Bar-One Racing

The Harps boys will be looking a bit of the 6/5 I would say if they have all the players back

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewanderer on September 09, 2009, 12:07:53 PM
BC1 have a life and accept the good nature respect. Ive seen in the past not as gracefull respect by some of the team when the beat teams. But it was exellent on sat nite.

wanderer, I think you picked me up wrong.  I think its great that people appreciate that we accepted defeat graciously, but what else would we do?  It should be a basic part of the game.  There may have been isolated incidents in the past of a lack of respect but in general it would not be the case.

Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 09, 2009, 11:45:49 AM

Give me a bucket. ::) Statistics show that Nemo Rangers arew the best club team of all time.

As for you, Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics!