Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Quote from: pearseog on September 07, 2009, 03:57:30 PM
lack of stewards was a disgrace. something happened at half time were someone needed medical attention in the crowd at the far side. a women actualy had to run across the pitch to the order of malta in order to get the person seen to. no stewards in place to help the affected person to get help quicker

I stated that earlier pearseogs and it is a damned disgrace. Also the children on the field at half time clearly there were no stewards preventing them getting on but subs can't get on to warm up. What sort of a county are we living in.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pearseog

int
Quote from: winsamsoon on September 07, 2009, 04:03:48 PM
lack of stewards was a disgrace. something happened at half time were someone needed medical attention in the crowd at the far side. a women actualy had to run across the pitch to the order of malta in order to get the person seen to. no stewards in place to help the affected person to get help quicker

I stated that earlier pearseogs and it is a damned disgrace. Also the children on the field at half time clearly there were no stewards preventing them getting on but subs can't get on to warm up. What sort of a county are we living in.

was at the match last night and the same thing happened. there were already about 100 kids on the pitch. 2 young fellas in front of me tried to get on and a steward stopped them. dont see the point in stopping the 2 lads at this point. there should however be more stewards in place at the end of the first half to stop all the kids getting on. if they cant get enough stewards then organise something at half-time such as the ABLE group who played at half time of the armagh/laois match or kids from a range of clubs playing in an organised game. and if they can't bother to do that then let the bloody subs on for a kickabout

lowball

Well done to Ogs and Granemore over the weekend. Taking Cross out of the championship leaves it anyone's at this stage.

Regarding the stewarding, it very poor. If these games were at a club ground the host club would be responsible for the provision of stewards. If the kaos occurred at a club ground for a championship game the host club would be held accountable and made an example of.

So many small things in Armagh seem to be neglected and it is not looking good at present.

The playing surface needs attended to at the Athletic Grounds, it is worse than a lot of club grounds!!

bennydorano

Regarding the stewards.  It's a voluntary job, clubs are asked ad nauseum to send stewards, but few, if any do.  The Co Board has threatened on a few ocassions that paid stewards are going to be required and the cost will ultimately fall on the clubs. 

I'll take names for volunteers :P

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thewanderer on September 07, 2009, 09:29:15 AM
heard from a good source that R Quigley is refin the Harps v Clans match ( interesting )
God I wish that was true  :D  :D    :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

reload

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 07, 2009, 04:03:48 PM

when was this rule that subs cant go on to the field at half time introduced, or what is the consequences if they do?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nutsy--1 on September 07, 2009, 11:24:39 AM
while attending both games at the athelic grounds at the week-end i have to congradulate both og's and granemore, i'd say its a long time since 3 mid armagh clubs were in the last six. id like to see og's and granemore in the next round i think granemore would put it up them.

on another note the person who assaulted the referre and the steward should be banned from the GAA for life, and the two men should claim for assault. i think the referre's should go on strike until there is more protection for referre's.

I'd assumed the steward intervened to help??? Did he his Robinson too???

wats that 4 ref

be interesting to see wat happens here would be on camera aswell id say,didnt maghery get fined £1000 and have to play 1st 4 home fixtures next year away because 2 supporters gave the ref abuse coming off the field but wasnt even beside him never mind hit him so st pats could be in big trouble are will mckeever play the im co captain and ill not play if my da r club r suspendid ??? :o

pintsofguinness

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on September 07, 2009, 06:38:01 PM
be interesting to see wat happens here would be on camera aswell id say,didnt maghery get fined £1000 and have to play 1st 4 home fixtures next year away because 2 supporters gave the ref abuse coming off the field but wasnt even beside him never mind hit him so st pats could be in big trouble are will mckeever play the im co captain and ill not play if my da r club r suspendid ??? :o
Or he could just do what he did the last time the club was in serious trouble, it worked so why not do it again.

torres

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 07, 2009, 06:47:00 PM
Or he could just do what he did the last time the club was in serious trouble, it worked so why not do it again.
[/quote
do tell us more, pints .

pintsofguinness

Sure I never stopped talking about it at the time and everyone was whinging. 

winsamsoon

Torres scroll back about 300 pages for pints rants on cullyhanna. Oh and you may want to have a rope handy. Up the Quigley  ;) ;) :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

Someone told me that Ulster council officials were attending their (Pats) games last year to keep an eye on them, anyone confirm is that true?
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 07, 2009, 07:06:01 PM
Sure I never stopped talking about it at the time and everyone was whinging. 
Go on Pints, get a wee rant outta ye, I'll even agree with you on this one  :D

reload

the county board should throw the book at them over there previous thuggish acts. but they will probably just brush in under the carpet as usual. thats why they keep repeating there shit when things go against them.

yellowcard

Just read a letter from a Dromintee person in the Examiner bemoaning the fact that some followers of other south Armagh clubs were supporting Granemore in their recent championship game. Hardly surprising considering the tribal nature of club footballing rivalries.

However the real reason for their complaints became evident when the letter was delved into further. It was evident that the real reason for their bitterness was the fact that it was Ogs and not Dromintee who put an end to the reign of Cross. The writer of the letter is also delusional in their assertion that Dromintee did not become a bad team on the basis of one bad game. Their demise has been evident for 2 seasons now in battling relegation and while they were unlucky to run into the Cross machine when at their peak I think begrudgery has played a part in the letter writers rant.