Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puskas

congrats to the Ogs, and commiserations to the mighty Cross.

who was on the board there last week about there being no competitive teams from Armagh city? hope the Harps can do it this weekend.

Goats Do Shave

Does anyone have a list of the week ends results?

full back

Wednesday 2 September
ACL – Div. IV
Mullaghbrack 1-5; Corrinshego 3-7

Friday 4 September
ACL – Div. III
Middletown 0-7; Collegeland 3-11

Saturday 5 September
Senior Football Championship Quarter-final
Crossmaglen 0-4; Pearse Og 0-7
ACL – Div. II
Wolfe Tone 0-5; Whitecross 3-15
Ballymacnab 1-10; Silverbridge 1-8
Madden 1-13; Harps 3-8
St Michael's 0-7; Clann Eireann 1-9
Tir na nÓg 1-9; Ballyhegan 0-14
ACL – Div. III
Tullysaran 0-12; Shane O'Neill's 1-6
Belleek v St Paul's (Off)
Keady 1-19; Lissummon 0-7
An Port Mor 1-11; Clonmore 1-8
ACL – Div. IV
Phelim Brady's v O'Hanlon's (Off)
Crossmaglen II v Killean (Off)
Derrynoose v Forkhill (Off)
Grange 2-13; Corrinshego 2-9
Mullaghbrack 2-7; Clady 0-12

Sunday 6 September
Senior Football Championship Quarter-final
Granemore 0-10; St Patrick's 0-6
ACL – Div. IV
Derrynoose lost to Forkhill

reload

when is the intermediate final to be played?

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: puskas on September 07, 2009, 11:35:47 AM
congrats to the Ogs, and commiserations to the mighty Cross.

who was on the board there last week about there being no competitive teams from Armagh city? hope the Harps can do it this weekend.

I hope they cant!  ;D

Goats Do Shave

armaghniac

who was on the board there last week about there being no competitive teams from Armagh city?

That would be me. Some reassessment is needed, especially if the Ógs push on to win Armagh and make an impact on Ulster, as they should be able to do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

who was the ref at the granemore game???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Passing through, just though i'd add a note of congratulations to Pearse Ogs.
Great night for the whole club and even made me feel welcome in their club afterwards for a pint or two.

On the referee incident last night(Rory Robinson). I was at the game
- Referees should remove their services until the county board take appropriate action
- County board should be ashamed at the lack of protection i.e. Steward shortages at both games this weekend

Also, surface wise the pitch is pure dung. No programmes does make it hard for people to spot good players/changes on teams and this pisses me off as neutrals would hardly looking to come back to watch c'ship matches again
Its all about the Hurling.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on September 07, 2009, 01:56:21 PM
Passing through, just though i'd add a note of congratulations to Pearse Ogs.
Great night for the whole club and even made me feel welcome in their club afterwards for a pint or two.

On the referee incident last night(Rory Robinson). I was at the game
- Referees should remove their services until the county board take appropriate action

- County board should be ashamed at the lack of protection i.e. Steward shortages at both games this weekend

Also, surface wise the pitch is pure dung. No programmes does make it hard for people to spot good players/changes on teams and this pisses me off as neutrals would hardly looking to come back to watch c'ship matches again

I wouldn't like to comment on this incident until an accurate description of it is given, so to suggest that referees should withdraw services is an over-reaction based on rumour and innuendo.  I suppose it depends on what is included in the referees report.

I would agree about the lack of stewards though and also the state of the playing surface. You'd also think that a photocopier would be available at county board HQ to run off a few more programmes. Surely that is not too much to ask.

umgolaarmagh

Must be a lack of funds within the county board at the moment as i heard over the weekend that the minors will not be staying in Dublin after the All Ireland final

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on September 07, 2009, 03:10:03 PM
Must be a lack of funds within the county board at the moment as i heard over the weekend that the minors will not be staying in Dublin after the All Ireland final

I'd imagine the Carrickdale will cost as much!?

armaghniac

QuoteI'd imagine the Carrickdale will cost as much!?

unless there is an element of sponsorship in kind.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Although why would you stay in the Carrickdale when you prob only live 10 mins away...

Goats, Is Paul Mc back playing for you guys or is he still injured and if so did he retire full stop or just from county?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pearseog

lack of stewards was a disgrace. something happened at half time were someone needed medical attention in the crowd at the far side. a women actualy had to run across the pitch to the order of malta in order to get the person seen to. no stewards in place to help the affected person to get help quicker