Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Family guy

hes back out here to play in the semi final then,no worries about having to go home for a semi with cross lol

ardmhachaabu

Well done ogs

Some shocking decisions by the ref, some really cynical play by some Cross players and some Ogs supporters acted like arseholes, screaming abuse at cross players - no call for that
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Onlooker on September 06, 2009, 12:59:38 PM
What an achievement by Cross to win 13 County titles in a row and 4 All Irelands.  Unbeaten in the Armagh Championship since 1995 is unbelievable and will never be equalled in any county IMO.   But it is always great to see new teams winning titles and it will be interesting to see how the new Armagh Champions fare in the Ulster Club Championship.

Listen lads all this talk about records not being equalled is bullshit - it will take a super human effort but how in the name of god do you people know what will happen in the future in all counties. Ballina have done it before and other teasm such as eire og and nemo have been dominant so noone knows if it will be equalled. It happened so its possible it could happen again. If you had said in 96 that cros wouldnt be beat till 09 you would have been committed!!

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

rootthemout

well done tothe ogs last night,deserved win,moved the ball at pace showed up someof crossolder legs on the team.the ogs have put in hard work over last few years and in my opinion were the only team in armagh that could have stopped cross,as long as it doesnt go to their heads they will be very hard to stop now

Unknown

I agree with the ogs doin well to beat cross but they wer not that impressive, they are beatable!! And if u read my past comments i feel the same as urself I hope they don't get it into their heads they are unbeatable and treated last nyt as their final... I feel there is 3 teams which can make semi and final against ogs a good contest and that is granemore and harps.. I feel harps will be hard to beat tho

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: gaapunter on September 06, 2009, 04:06:54 AM
The best team won and my personal moment of the match was Stephen 'long face' Kernan getting getting dogs abuse from 85 % of the crowd for disputing a correct umpires decision- he is hated.

ps its wide open now lads - its anyones championship

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 06, 2009, 11:51:40 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2009, 10:19:45 AM
It could also work wonders for the county team.  The likes of Paul and Tony Kernan, Jamie Clarke, Paul McKeown and Titch can now all get a McKenna Cup and a league campaign behind them next Winter / Spring.
As opposed to the norm of them being thrown straight into Championship football.

From what ive seen last night and this year some of those lads are nowhere near county standard! Tony Kernan is another charlie vernon - overrated as f**k!!

tweedle dee and tweedle dum back again - or maybe both tweedledum. hey ivedeceeded, you trying to mAke a tool of yourself on threads other then the Crossmaglen rAngers thread. It takes some goin to come out with spakes that make gaapunter seem iNteligent!!    :D

bennydorano

Harps have had a very poor year, bar the Nab game we've been very very ordinary.  Hoping it all clicks into place just because we've a lot of lads back isn't going to win a champ for us.  Much more is required.

winsamsoon

AFS

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 06, 2009, 02:42:51 PM
Judging by those photos on flicker no 10 for pearse og was Kieran Hughes who was wing back for Armagh in 2002?  What age is he now?  I always thought he was a good robust player.

Al I right in assuming Stephen Kernan didnt start for Cross?  Not dishing the lads as I wouldnt have seen enough to pass comment on his footballing ability but I find it strange he is on the county panel but is not an automatic starter for cross regardlees of how good they are.

Kieran Hughes had lost his place to Aidan O'Rourke by 2002.

And Stephen Kernan would definitely have played yesterday if fit, especially as Cross had a fairly lightweight half forward line.

Onion Bag

Granemore - 0-4 St Pats 0-1

Granemore playing against the breeze and all over them,

coming up to half time
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

Onion Bag

Granemore 0-5 St Pats 0-3,

5 mins to H/T

winsamsoon

come on onion your are killing me here

Onion Bag

Granemore 0-10, St Pats 0-6

Full time Score