Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2009, 02:34:27 PM

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again. Ogs by 3.

Great shout BCB, you called the game perfectly  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2009, 09:29:47 AM

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again. Ogs by 3.

Just how I saw things SJ.  First of all, well doe to the Ogs.  It had to happen and it was only ever going to be against Ogs or Clans in my view as no harmt to the other teams they were either not good enough or didn't believe tehy were good enough.

Hard luck to our lads.  It was amazing and jsut a pity that the outright consecutive record coul;dn't be achieved, have to friggin share it with the Western wannabes :P

To the begrudgers who try to run us down, f**k you all >:(  We did it and you don't win 13 championships by grinding out results.  To the Bellaghy man on the thread in the main page grow a pair and get over it, I palyed against you boys often enough to know that football wasn't the only thing that won your games.  At least you fellow clubman on here Drumanee knows what football is and respects us, do you even know what a ball is. We will be back and will be favourites for next years championship no matter what happens the rest of the year.  There is too much talent there and the extended break now for all the players will make them well rested for the first time in 13 years expect a backlash next year is what I believe.

To the Ogs it is only the quarter final, 2 hours football yet and there are at least 2 teams that I think could beat you on any given day.  I would like you to win it out as you deserve it probably more than any team in Armagh bar Dromintee just keep your heads focused and the drive inside.

Smokin Joe

It could also work wonders for the county team.  The likes of Paul and Tony Kernan, Jamie Clarke, Paul McKeown and Titch can now all get a McKenna Cup and a league campaign behind them next Winter / Spring.
As opposed to the norm of them being thrown straight into Championship football.

orange2009

goh4205

Fair play to the Ogs, best team won on the night, but credit must go to Cross as well for the dignity they showed in defeat. I guess you only learn to appreciate this when you've won so much.  It would have been special for them to have done 14 in a row and set a new record which probably would never have been broken, but that sport and everything comes to an end at some stage.  They are a specail bunch of lads which have been great for Armagh football & I doubt if Armagh would have won the All-Ireland if it weren't for the Cross lads.
They can hold their heads high cause they owe nobody nothing & it's been a coaster ride these last 14 years.

OFF THE SHOULDER

I take it you are one of those people who thinks everybody deserves a game. The fact is if you don't have the talent you don't win games. YOU SOUND LIKE A BENCHWARMER!! 

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2009, 10:19:45 AM
It could also work wonders for the county team.  The likes of Paul and Tony Kernan, Jamie Clarke, Paul McKeown and Titch can now all get a McKenna Cup and a league campaign behind them next Winter / Spring.
As opposed to the norm of them being thrown straight into Championship football.

From what ive seen last night and this year some of those lads are nowhere near county standard! Tony Kernan is another charlie vernon - overrated as f**k!!

goh4205

Quote from: OFF THE SHOULDER on September 06, 2009, 11:46:43 AM
I take it you are one of those people who thinks everybody deserves a game. The fact is if you don't have the talent you don't win games. YOU SOUND LIKE A BENCHWARMER!!
class post alright. Just a twisted Clans man, who never got the chance to beat them & never will. :-*

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: OFF THE SHOULDER on September 06, 2009, 11:46:43 AM

Good man, or should I say woman going by the refernece to a dress in your handle, a wee off the shoulder number :-*

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 06, 2009, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2009, 09:29:47 AM

Just how I saw things SJ.  First of all, well doe to the Ogs.  It had to happen and it was only ever going to be against Ogs or Clans in my view as no harmt to the other teams they were either not good enough or didn't believe tehy were good enough.

Hard luck to our lads.  It was amazing and jsut a pity that the outright consecutive record coul;dn't be achieved, have to friggin share it with the Western wannabes :P

To the begrudgers who try to run us down, f**k you all >:(  We did it and you don't win 13 championships by grinding out results.  To the Bellaghy man on the thread in the main page grow a pair and get over it, I palyed against you boys often enough to know that football wasn't the only thing that won your games.  At least you fellow clubman on here Drumanee knows what football is and respects us, do you even know what a ball is. We will be back and will be favourites for next years championship no matter what happens the rest of the year.  There is too much talent there and the extended break now for all the players will make them well rested for the first time in 13 years expect a backlash next year is what I believe.

To the Ogs it is only the quarter final, 2 hours football yet and there are at least 2 teams that I think could beat you on any given day.  I would like you to win it out as you deserve it probably more than any team in Armagh bar Dromintee just keep your heads focused and the drive inside.

Correct BC1 those lads have a room full of medals to help comfort them through this. They have set a record that will be extremely difficult to match however i couldnt be more glad if id won the lotto or banged Brian Lennons' wife! And I mean that in the nicest way casue Armagh football will be alot more exiting now that the air of invincibility surrounding cross is busted. This years championship will be very intruiging now with 4 teams capable of winning it rather than one. Im not sure Cross will be back next year as raging as people think, I think what you saw last night was a punch drunk boxer with none of the answers that usually came so effortlessly. They might win it next year but id say that will be that!

To the Ogs lads yous were tremendous! Yous put in the performance that I dreamed my own club would put in one day so well done. Your defence was outstanding and won yous the game. Be careful though cause the pressure is on yous now to repeat that performance another twice and yous will be concerned at only scoring 7 points. Is beating cross enough for some of your lads?? Maybe....

umgolaarmagh

Great performance last night but its only a quarter final, lookin forward to the rest of the championship now and hope to see a good game tonight in the athletic grounds

Madge

Who scored the points for both teams?

What subs did Cross bring on?

Onlooker

What an achievement by Cross to win 13 County titles in a row and 4 All Irelands.  Unbeaten in the Armagh Championship since 1995 is unbelievable and will never be equalled in any county IMO.   But it is always great to see new teams winning titles and it will be interesting to see how the new Armagh Champions fare in the Ulster Club Championship.

torres

well done to the ogs  ;D cant see anyone beating them  :( OGS V ST PATS FINAL .

Onion Bag

Quote from: torres on September 06, 2009, 01:31:51 PM
well done to the ogs  ;D cant see anyone beating them  :( OGS V ST PATS FINAL .

you counting yourselves out of the race torres,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!