Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2009, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 03, 2009, 07:01:48 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2009, 02:34:27 PM
No one seems to be talking about the games this weekend?

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.   Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Would you care to give me odds greater than 'Evens' on Cross then and I'll have a large investment. Let me know if your interested but I'll not be holding my breath. Or maybe your just full of hot air.

Maybe not bookies favourites but the bookies sometimes get them wrong.  There must be a small bit of pressure on them though as it is expected that they will win it this year.   This really is the best chance they have ever had, Dromintee gone, Clans rebuilding, Granemore and St Pat's not at the level yet, Harps still have question marks on them, Cross on the wain, if Ogs don't so it this year will they ever?

Your convincing no-one. Cross by between 8-12 points.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard on September 03, 2009, 07:12:20 PM

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.   Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Would you care to give me odds greater than 'Evens' on Cross then and I'll have a large investment. Let me know if your interested but I'll not be holding my breath. Or maybe your just full of hot air.

Maybe not bookies favourites but the bookies sometimes get them wrong.  There must be a small bit of pressure on them though as it is expected that they will win it this year.   This really is the best chance they have ever had, Dromintee gone, Clans rebuilding, Granemore and St Pat's not at the level yet, Harps still have question marks on them, Cross on the wain, if Ogs don't so it this year will they ever?

Cross don't do big wins generally,  if they win it will be by an odd score, but I don't think so.  They won't have anyone capable of marking Clarke.

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2009, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 03, 2009, 07:12:20 PM

Cross don't do big wins generally,  if they win it will be by an odd score, but I don't think so.  They won't have anyone capable of marking Clarke.

They will do it by committee and I will be amazed if Clarke is still upright at the end of the game, I have a funny feeling he will spend a lot of time on his arse in this one.

Cross by four points.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

IVEDECIDED

I understand why you siad what you said BC1 Harps midfiled is def their strenght and if allowed it will def influence the game, however I have serious doubts regarding the mentality of the lads concerned if its put up to them, in fact I have the same doubts about the Harps in general. If Clans get a good start and settle down I think they will run out convincing winners.

wats that 4 ref

for wat its worth lads clans play the type of game harps struggle to cope with fast movement and support play (big defeats at home 2 w`cross and maghery ) they suit the more physical game like cross in semi last year. however if their big players play well (holmes,cv,nippy) and joe quigley fit (he wont miss many frees) they should run out handy winners 4,5 points. asfor the cross/ogs game should be a cracker and wouldnt want to miss it. ogs will be well up for it as they owe cross 1 they will feel,but when people start talking about how a team are close to beating cross in c`ship thats when their at their best (dromintee,clans). was a bit of talk from cruppen about being the next team to take cross because they won u21 last 2 years and cross went out in league to prove a point and look what happened. cross by 6. 
ps BC1 KNOWS THIS THATS WHY HE TALKING OGS UP.

curvey

We all know what BCB is at, he fools no-one. As for the "we don't do big wins" ask 80% of Div 1 this year about heavy defeats to Cross ::)

gotthereb4u

clans hav no real county standard players, harps hav a few. There massive round the middle and clans simply arent physical enough or gutsy enough to live with them. As 4 cross ogs, cross are simply umbeatable. They will always always scrape by

illdecide

Quote from: gotthereb4u on September 04, 2009, 12:14:58 AM
clans hav no real county standard players, harps hav a few. There massive round the middle and clans simply arent physical enough or gutsy enough to live with them. As 4 cross ogs, cross are simply umbeatable. They will always always scrape by

And what makes you think the Clans are gonna lump every ball down the middle to the opposition's strengths (as you put it). what about kickouts to the wings, what about short kickouts :o there's more to football than route one saan ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: gotthereb4u on September 04, 2009, 12:14:58 AM

Your obviously one of these lads who looks at a teamsheet and if theres no hollywood names then the team has no chance. Thankfully Gaelic football has more to it than that. If theres 15 lads who take the field prepared to fight hardest then it doesnt matter if they have county players or not. P.s I wouldnt be that impressed by what you would call the Harps county standard players. They wouldn be the type to have me shaking in my boots now!! This is becoming a more interesting game by the day - bring it on! (It will prob turn out to be crap now!!)

umgolaarmagh

where and what time is the clans v harps game

winsamsoon

Sat 12th Sept @Athletic Grounds 7 bells
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

umgolaarmagh

Why did they not have a double header this week with the two cities teams at least those travelling long distances would have been able to take in a few games

AFS

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on September 04, 2009, 02:08:51 PM
Why did they not have a double header this week with the two cities teams at least those travelling long distances would have been able to take in a few games

Probably because our wonderful new county ground only has one set of changing rooms  ::)

winsamsoon

Any word of the refs for the quarter finals????????????????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

bubbles murray for the big one what do u think will he be strong enough????