Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Clans lost more than yous lad, 9 retirements last year - alot of them household names.

DuffleKing

pintsofguinness

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 24, 2009, 03:39:59 PM
Clans lost more than yous lad, 9 retirements last year - alot of them household names.
9 retirements is tough alright but then you should have been preparing for that with younger players blooded and coming in.  We've lost about 8 or 9 of our first team, fellas in their early 20s due to emigration and long term injuries.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Onion Bag

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 24, 2009, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on August 24, 2009, 01:56:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2009, 08:19:51 PM
'bridge beat by ballymacnab tonight

any other results in D2?

Jarlath Burns coming on for the last 10 mins, what age is he? 42 or43

its scraping the barrel a wee bit, the bridge have went downhill
There's hardly a club in the country that could cope with losing the players we have since last year, I'm proud of the lads, backs against the wall and their doing their very best.  Bringing on Jarlath is not ideal but it's just a case of all hands on deck.

Totally agree, thats my point they have went down hill, they are a shadow of former bridge teams
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 24, 2009, 04:01:59 PM
9 retirements is tough alright but then you should have been preparing for that with younger players blooded and coming in.  We've lost about 8 or 9 of our first team, fellas in their early 20s due to emigration and long term injuries.

I couldnt agree more we should have been blooding younger players however our previous management team put more emphasis on trying to squeeze a championship out. As a result they paid very little attention to younger players and stayed loyal to the older more established ones. The young players are being blooded now alright with alot of them in the first team.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 24, 2009, 04:23:39 PM

I couldnt agree more we should have been blooding younger players however our previous management team put more emphasis on trying to squeeze a championship out. As a result they paid very little attention to younger players and stayed loyal to the older more established ones. The young players are being blooded now alright with alot of them in the first team.
Clans probably just got away with it, having been relatively successful at underage the last 2/3 years, i think 7 of our starting 15 made their championship debuts last week. For a rural club like silverbridge though thats bound to be tough going.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: rolloutking on August 15, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
Cross over Tir NaOg by about 22 points. No contest

Spotted Enda Muldoon at the game. He must be thinking ahead.
Wonder if enda will be taking in anymore games in the armagh championship  :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 24, 2009, 04:38:39 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 24, 2009, 04:23:39 PM

Clans probably just got away with it, having been relatively successful at underage the last 2/3 years, i think 7 of our starting 15 made their championship debuts last week. For a rural club like silverbridge though thats bound to be tough going.
I think in our first year of intermediate we'd something similar to that figure making championship debuts too, we were already building for the last 3 or 4 years with very young senior teams and then we lose over half of them, through no fault of their own, so we were always going to find it difficult.  Hopefully we'll manage to avoid relegation though and get players back, I'd still be very confident of establishing a strong team.

winsamsoon

Pints when you say a strong team at what level wold you expect this team to compete.

What is happeneing with Silverbridge at the moment coud be  yet another example of a club where things are going very well within the club but football seems to be  going the opposite way. Sometimes clubs tend to get a little carried away with facilties to the extent where they build and build and the sole focus of the club moves from football.  I am not saying that clubs don't need good facilties (before i get jumpd on) and the faciltesat Silverbridge are top drawer. Now i wouldn't have much connection with Silverbridge but  would there be any truth in this Pints?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 24, 2009, 04:54:16 PM
Pints when you say a strong team at what level wold you expect this team to compete.

What is happeneing with Silverbridge at the moment coud be  yet another example of a club where things are going very well within the club but football seems to be  going the opposite way. Sometimes clubs tend to get a little carried away with facilties to the extent where they build and build and the sole focus of the club moves from football.  I am not saying that clubs don't need good facilties (before i get jumpd on) and the faciltesat Silverbridge are top drawer. Now i wouldn't have much connection with Silverbridge but  would there be any truth in this Pints?
In my opinion, and it's only mine, had we everyone on board we would have been among the favourites for the intermediate championship, no reason why we couldnt have won it and would have been pushing for promotion with a young team who in a few years I would have expected them to be holding their own in Division 1. 

With regards to facilities, no I dont believe it's a case of neglecting the team and concentrating on facilities and things, what would the point be in that? We have a small pick (bigger than some other clubs granted) a young team who were donig very well but we lost over half of them.  There's not much anyone or any club can do about that.  But it's not all doom and gloom, injured players should get back, look at young carragher and maybe a few boys will come home and we'll pick things up again.  Just one of those years.

winsamsoon

Just asking pints because it was a club that i would have played against early in my playing days but i haven't seen much from them in recent years
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 24, 2009, 05:08:55 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 24, 2009, 04:54:16 PM

In my opinion, and it's only mine, had we everyone on board we would have been among the favourites for the intermediate championship, no reason why we couldnt have won it and would have been pushing for promotion with a young team who in a few years I would have expected them to be holding their own in Division 1. 

With regards to facilities, no I dont believe it's a case of neglecting the team and concentrating on facilities and things, what would the point be in that? We have a small pick (bigger than some other clubs granted) a young team who were donig very well but we lost over half of them.  There's not much anyone or any club can do about that.  But it's not all doom and gloom, injured players should get back, look at young carragher and maybe a few boys will come home and we'll pick things up again.  Just one of those years.

Pints has it anything to do with what you mentioned to me the other day? 

pintsofguinness

downgirl

Lads, need a bit of help, have a friend from the Tandragee area who is looking to get into hurling, are there any clubs nearby that he could join?  If anyone has any details can they pm me contacts etc?

Many thanks,

DG

;D