Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Culloville are away to the Ogs

Mullaghbawn have Dromintee I think.  who have Killeavey left to play?

fitzroyalty

el_cuervo_fc

If Culloville beat the Ogs they will have had some come back from near certain relegation only 5 or 6 weeks ago. 

fitzroyalty

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 21, 2009, 09:55:12 PM
If Culloville beat the Ogs they will have had some come back from near certain relegation only 5 or 6 weeks ago.
That'd be the type of them bastids!

Jimmy Joe

I wouldn't mind seeing Mullaghbawn go down, maybe in division 2 they'd play a bit more attacking football

yellowcard

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 21, 2009, 10:05:44 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 21, 2009, 09:55:12 PM
That'd be the type of them bastids!

Would expect Mullaghbawn to beat Dromintee whose season is already over.
Killeavy should beat Sarsfields whose season is over.
It all depends when Culloville play Pearse Ogs. If they play them next week, expect Ogs to win. If, however they play them the week after Ogs almost certain Championship exit to Cross then expect Culloville to win this game and send Killeavy and Mullaghbawn down. Thats assuming Clan na Gael pick up a point from their last 2 games which is by no means certain. Who have Clans left? I think its St Pats and someone else

fitzroyalty

Pat's and Cruppen who are both safe. We play one of the two next week I think, so Im assuming theres a full round of fixtures to try and sort this relegation business out pronto.

yellowcard

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 21, 2009, 10:24:03 PM
Pat's and Cruppen who are both safe. We play one of the two next week I think, so Im assuming theres a full round of fixtures to try and sort this relegation business out pronto.

Clans should be ok then cos they will more than likely beat Cruppen whose season is over. I honestly believe Culloville could now pull off the great escape. Would'nt be surprised to see them pull a fly one and get the Ogs game called off if it is down for next weekends fixture.

torres

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on August 21, 2009, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:40:49 PM
Jimmy Joe reckons the "blues" are good things! ;) Probably be an even money bet.

Harps to win by 4
Ogs to win by 2
Killeavey by 2 tonight - followed by a 3 point win over Granemore
Whitecross to win by 5
see on the OC killeavey were beaten by 18 pts . :o

yellowcard

Quote from: torres on August 21, 2009, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Joe on August 21, 2009, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:40:49 PM
Jimmy Joe reckons the "blues" are good things! ;) Probably be an even money bet.

Harps to win by 4
Ogs to win by 2
Killeavey by 2 tonight - followed by a 3 point win over Granemore
Whitecross to win by 5
see on the OC killeavey were beaten by 18 pts . :o

St Patrick's beat Killeavy 1-18 to 0-9 in Friday's Armagh SFC replay at the Athletic Grounds.

Gary McCurry scored the goal for St Patrick's in the 18th minute and it helped thenm establish a 1-9 to 0-2 lead by half-time.

Tony Donnelly landed seven points for St Patrick's while Louth forward Mark Stanfield was Killeavy's top scorer with three.

The winners of Friday's game will meet Granemore in the quarter-finals.

curvey

God that was some win for St Pats...that'll give them some confidence for their quarter final against Granemore.

Quarter Finals predictions:

Cross v Ogs = Cross by 3
Harps v Clans = Harps by 4 (although i hope it's Clans by 4)
St Pats v Granemore = St Pats by 2
Whitecross v Clann Eireann = Whitecross by 5

back off the net

Killeavy were taking to the cleaners tonight in the Athletic grounds by cullyhanna they beat hem by 12 or 13 points a game that was over at half time.cullyhannas forward line E CASEY,G MC COOEY,T DONNELLY was as good as i have seen in a while they will cause granemore alot off trouble.killeavy missed a pen which MC Donnell and Stanfield fought over to see who was going to take it in the end Stanfield took it and put it over the bar.C MC keever was on MC Donnell in which he never give MC Donnell a kick and getting 2 points him self.i think if cullyhanna can stay clear from cross we could see a cullyhanna cross final now that would be worth seeing cause the cullyhanna lads wont lie down against some off there former players think they would play the better for it lets watch this space

torres

yeah it will give them plenty of confidence and they,ll go into this game big favourites to  progress to the semi-finals .

TacadoirArdMhacha

Missed the game tonight as I was working until midnight. Sounds like I missed a cracking performance.  At least I've a q/final to look forward to.  :) Congratulations to the team and management, amazing to think that were it not for a late barely deserved equaliser, our season would have been over last Friday.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2009, 10:31:07 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 21, 2009, 10:24:03 PM

Clans should be ok then cos they will more than likely beat Cruppen whose season is over. I honestly believe Culloville could now pull off the great escape. Would'nt be surprised to see them pull a fly one and get the Ogs game called off if it is down for next weekends fixture.

Would fancy Clans to win las two games whether cruppens season was over or not, they need a point to guarantee survival but thats assuming other teams win which Im sure wont happen so take it from me Clan na Gael will be playing division one football next year which is great considering the start they had, the young team they have and the collective view that they would have been the first team to be relegated. Oh and theres also the very real possibility of a championship semi-final on the horizon. Clans def capable of beating Harps.