Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 18, 2009, 11:33:50 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 18, 2009, 11:21:56 AM
Not really bringing the game to the people with all four games in armagh

Also you'd hardly call them neutral venues for the games involving the Og's and Harps.  Surely there should be some level of fairness to teams.

BC1 are you serious? How many matches not to mention FINALS have been played in XMG this past number of years?? Come on now...  ;D

brokencrossbar1

winsamsoon

I knew you were at your work there BC and could just see them lads typing furiously with the replies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

BerfArmagh

whats the point of developing the athletic grounds if we are'nt going to bloody use it. WHat do you want? to return to the ridiclous situation of cross playing the county final on their own pitch?

Armagh is central for everyone, so i think its fair. Ogs & Harps have their own pitches, so I don't see what the issue is???? No pleasing people

Dannymcfella

Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 18, 2009, 03:54:16 PM
whats the point of developing the athletic grounds if we are'nt going to bloody use it. WHat do you want? to return to the ridiclous situation of cross playing the county final on their own pitch?

Armagh is central for everyone, so i think its fair. Ogs & Harps have their own pitches, so I don't see what the issue is???? No pleasing people

And even still....................................... ::) ::) ::)

IVEDECIDED

I dont mind all championship games being at athletic grounds as its neutral but I would like to see the pitch improved as its a disgrace and the changing facilities are a shambles too.

winsamsoon

The changing facilities are really bad especially if there is a double header on. Most teams now arrive around an hour before their game they get a quick change and out for  20 warm up. If there is a match on before your game then it is impossible to get changed as the other two teams are still in the changing room. I think it is an issue that needs sorted. The surface of the pitch is really bad also i am consistantly watching other counties develop top class facilities and all we get in Armagh is shite like that. The Cross and the Ogs pitches are far better playing surfaces the count board would really need to get their act together it is laughable. The no subs allowed on the pitch at half time is also a joke. What would happen if one of these lads were needed to come on where could he warm up?????? really sometimes i think primary school children could make better decisions. But the really laughable thing was that the players werent allowed to go on the pitch at HT but there were kids from the crowd shooting into the nets. Only in Armagh. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

BerfArmagh

have you seen callenbridge recently, its embarassing. WHen you think of what tyrone are building up the road it makes you wonder what chance we have of competing in the future

winsamsoon

Yes berf i seen it on sunday lad and it too is a disgrace it is as if everyone in Armagh have given up on all aspects of football and aspects of winning anything for the future. It is as if they have developed an attitude that they have won an all Ieland so they can now just return to the bad old days. I guess this is the difference in winning mentalities Tyrone and Losers Armagh.  If they don't have the facilties then they are not going to attract the players for the future.

pearseog

unbelievable! cross people yapping about the venue of the pitch.
even though cross have played there 3 times since it reopened and ogs only twice.
how many county titles did you win on your own pitch?

armagh leg-end

the cross subs were having a kick about at ht so they must have their own set of rules!
Ard Mhacha Abu

armaghniac

QuoteBut the really laughable thing was that the players werent allowed to go on the pitch at HT but there were kids from the crowd shooting into the nets. Only in Armagh.

You do see these kid invasions elsewhere, which is surprising. Better to allow the subs in.

Quotehow many county titles did you win on your own pitch?

More than Pearse Ógs won, despite the number of finals played on their own pitch.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs have played 1 final on their own pitch since cross went on their unbeaten championship run, 1999

Quote from: armaghniac on August 18, 2009, 06:08:58 PM
More than Pearse Ógs won, despite the number of finals played on their own pitch.

brokencrossbar1

pintsofguinness

I hope you're throwing them back in bc.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?