Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

When is the draw for the next round? Good win for Granemore tonight, though cross won't have learnt much after that facile victory, did both McEntees play?
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 09:07:25 PM
By the way, who is it that has the bye to the quarter finals?
Clann Eireann. They're shite anyway  ;)

bennydorano

Draw is tonight after Ogs v Cruppen game.

Went to Granemore game myself, defintely the better side and could have won by more,  Dromintee look like a broken side, but missing G O'Neil and Miceal O'Rourke hardly helped.

Congrats to the Harps, first game I missed all year, think it could have been my fault all year not Nudie's. Top scud.

Shortso79

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 15, 2009, 10:19:42 PM
did both McEntees play?

No - just Tony played.

Cross had missing John McEntee, Francie Bellew, Brendan McKeown, David McKenna, Stephen Kernan and Johnny Murtagh

Two goals were scored by Aaron Cunningham and Jamie Clarke got the other one.

Frannie Hanratty played well in midfield and played a delightful pass to set up Clarke for his goal.

Fish caught some great balls in the 2nd half

thewanderer

s kernan wouldnt make the team and murtaghs in america we could all name players missing like that. tir na nog shite and carville playing soccer earlier that day. sending off after 15 mins harsh and only allowed cross to roll on the scores thankfully. had them backed at evens minus 15 pts. well done granemore 5/2 i had. ;D

nutsy--1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 15, 2009, 05:34:33 PM
Quote from: nutsy--1 on August 15, 2009, 03:12:06 PM
intermediate championship.
Cullaville are clear favourites but im putting money on keady.

Keady have too many good players. Conor nugent in midfield will dominant any aerial battle and also has two good feet and a terrific fotballing brain could be moved to centre half forward to dictate the game.

Barry hughes and mark hughes although old they have still got bags of pace and are deadily accurate.

Ronan toal and geard toal can make an impact from the bench in any game,Ronan in particular coming  back from injury it's as if he is now "transformed"

Paul McCormak the former county player has had his ups and downs but is still the most talented two footed player in this championship and like conor nugent also has the brain to influence games. without doubt could be playing county football.

Keady are the on the up and will be challenging the likes of Pearse O'gs and the Dromintee's of this world next year.

Are Keady not in div 3?? Calm down child. Although the way Dromintee are going yous may well be challenging them soon alright but in division 2!  :P ;D ;D

Keady are in division 3 but i was talking about the competitive championship (intermediate) not the chumpionship (senior). When keady win the championship they will be challenging the likes of pearse og and drumintee thats if dromintee are demoted to the junior after last nights incident.

Connor nugent would of had a field on aidan ourke last night. Ryan mcgale would have destroyed barry shannon.

Keady are the new force

Shortso79

Quote from: thewanderer on August 16, 2009, 12:56:56 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on August 16, 2009, 12:56:56 PM
s kernan wouldnt make the team and murtaghs in america we could all name players missing like that. tir na nog shite and carville playing soccer earlier that day. sending off after 15 mins harsh and only allowed cross to roll on the scores thankfully. had them backed at evens minus 15 pts. well done granemore 5/2 i had. ;D

Just stating the available players to come back

Re the sending off - If you kick someone in the 1st minute or last minute - a red card should follow

anportmorforjfc

An Portmor 2-6  Keady 1-9

Who won between Tullysaren v annaghmore + Collegeland v St Pauls?

crossfire

Who won between Whitecross and Maghery in senior championship.?

anportmorforjfc

pearseog

whitecross won by 5 or 6. whitecross took their scores very well and i was impressed with them.

Rufus T Firefly

ARMAGH SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTER-FINALS

Granemore v Killeavy/St Patrick's
Clan na Gael v Armagh Harps
Clann Eireann v Whitecross
Pearse Og/Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen

Courtesy of centre-half on www.orchardcounty.com

mackers

All great ties there, lot to look forward to , when are these matches to be played? Cross vs Ogs (probably) and Harps vs Clanns are two clinking games!!! Strong case for a double header in the Athletic Grounds..........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 16, 2009, 06:55:39 PM
ARMAGH SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTER-FINALS

Granemore v Killeavy/St Patrick's
Clan na Gael v Armagh Harps
Clann Eireann v Whitecross
Pearse Og/Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen

Courtesy of centre-half on www.orchardcounty.com

Double header in the Athletic Grounds?

Skiddybadoo

2 great minds Mackers...   You probably have them both.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: mackers on August 16, 2009, 07:05:57 PM
All great ties there, lot to look forward to , when are these matches to be played? Cross vs Ogs (probably) and Harps vs Clanns are two clinking games!!! Strong case for a double header in the Athletic Grounds..........
Correct. 5th/6th Sept is what I think we were told!Could be wrong though.