Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange2009

Good for you pearse og, glad you have the whole thing worked out already.  I feel it is a fair enough process, and obviously you have no idea of the type of man Eugene Young is or you'd not be throwing statements like that around.  Eugene Young is nobody's man and will take no cr*p so you'd just need to get your facts right before shouting your mouth off

Joxer

Quote from: orange2009 on August 13, 2009, 03:48:51 PM
Good for you pearse og, glad you have the whole thing worked out already.  I feel it is a fair enough process, and obviously you have no idea of the type of man Eugene Young is or you'd not be throwing statements like that around.  Eugene Young is nobody's man and will take no cr*p so you'd just need to get your facts right before shouting your mouth off

First county board member on the board?

thewanderer

pearseog according to our club delegate any proposed manager must have the agreement of the clubs before being appointed. I think this committee can approach any potential manager or the clubs can offer a candidate for consideration. I think your chairman and paul are two strong characters for the job.

orange2009

No unfortuneatley not joxer as there is plenty worng up there, but I feel we've got what is akin to the best out of an impossible situation.  Everyone knows that we all want Grimley, and as far as I am aware there is the opportunity for a member of the panel to approach someone who has not been nominated, so that may get around Grimley having to declare his hand publicly

pearseog

he wouldnt have to declare his interest publicly if gerrys on the panel.
the county board have a lot to answer for so and would have a track record for being sly. eugene may not take any crap but if he's thinking along the same lines as the county board he wont have to.

The GAA

Eugene Young would be beyond reproach in terms of the ethics of fulfilling this role

Throw ball

I do not think Paul McGrane, Gerry Davidson or Eugene Young will take any of the crap being hinted. We have to give the process a fair hearing. It is beyond reproach until proved otherwise. Afterall Paul is a professional Chartered Accountant who has the training and experience in business that will suit this procedure. Gerry runs his own accounts business, and is an Ogs man so is well used to dealing with crap.  ;) Eugene is an outsider with no known preferences and the county board men are no fools and after the grief experienced previously will obviously want the process to be transparent. Although I hoped that Paul Grimley would have been approached first this appears to be the next best solution. To take a soccer comparison Newcastle fans got the manager they wanted last year in Kevin Keegan and look at them now. Maybe this process will unearth a gem if Big Paul will not let his name go forward - hopefully he does though!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: full back on August 13, 2009, 02:21:45 PM
Betting with Bar-One

11/8 Ballymacnab - 7/1 Draw - Harps 8/11

5/4 Killeavy - 7/1 Draw - St Pat's 4/5

4/9 Dromintee - 7/1 Draw - Granemore 9/4

1/33 Crossmaglen - 16/1 Draw - Tir Na nOg 20/1

10/11 Maghery - 7/1 Draw - Whitecross 11/10

4/5 Clan Na Gael - 7/1 Draw - Mullaghbawn 5/4

15/8 Carrickcruppen - 7/1 Draw - Pearse Ogs 8/15

£5 pays £130

winsamsoon

I'll have a wee treble on St Pat's, Clans and Maghery and wee £40 treble will do me.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ardmhachaabu08

Mullaghbawn are the bet of the weekend imo. Heard from a few Clans fellas they re gonna back them and then throw the match.
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

stiffler

Quote from: ardmhachaabu08 on August 13, 2009, 08:31:42 PM
Mullaghbawn are the bet of the weekend imo. Heard from a few Clans fellas they re gonna back them and then throw the match.

:o

Hope this is a windup!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lurganblue

Quote from: ardmhachaabu08 on August 13, 2009, 08:31:42 PM
balls. Pure WUM you are. Talked to a right few of the players this week and theyre well up for the match.

Real1995

Going to have a wee punt on Mullaghbawn, Whitecross and Cullyhanna myself......Think this is the first time this year that we have close to our full squad available to us for the Clans game..pity though that McVerry is unavailable, would have been a big threat up top...

Predictions

Harps
Og's
Cross
Cullyhanna
Whitecross
Mullaghbawn
Dromintee
Nice guys always finish second!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Where can we get these odds? Just in the Bar One shop in Dundalk? Don't think I'd drive to Dundalk just to put on a bet. Is there anywhere online?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

crossfire

Dosey Emmets beat Cross 2nds last night in Division 4.
They celebrated as if they had won the all ireland.
Nice to keep someone happy. :)