Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

anyone came across any betting for the first round games. I see toals in lurgan where offering odds for last weekends down championship but no sign of odds for the Armagh one yet.>???????????????????

I would be taking a poke at Clans, St Pats and Maghery as a treble pending on prices.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Diet Coke

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 10, 2009, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: ogshead on August 10, 2009, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 10, 2009, 07:14:42 PM
Quote from: pearseog on August 10, 2009, 02:57:43 PM
come on TAC, harsh sending off! 
he shouldered ciaran trainor in the face and then as christy kane was running past he buried him. lad should get a heavy suspension.
this wasnt the only incident. later on another ogs player got a late shoulder in the face, lucky he didn't break his jaw. marty mcquilan came simply to hit people as well. lucky you ended the match with 14 never mind 15.

I was right in front of the incident and seen it clearly. There was little enough contact. I was genuinely surprised he was sent off. You see them tackles all the time, particular in B football which is always hard hitting. Reminded of the challenge Marty O'Rourke got a second yellow for against Down last year. McQuillan made one challenge in the whole match I think. At 46 he's hardly going to be much of an enforcer. The tackle when a Pearse Ógs fella came flying in near our goal hich caused a pushing and shoving match was at least as bad as the sending off incident.

These things do happen though, I accept you don't always agree with the referee and I'm not going to start making wild allegations about biased referees. Pearse Ógs won the match because they played the better football, no doubt about that.

I know that you can get some controversial decisions in matches and both sets of players and supporters can see their own view of situations but the boy deserved to be sent off. Two dirty tackles in the one play and it was clear as day. The Ogs had just taken control of the game and St. Pats tried to rough it up. It's a common enough thing in football now where teams try to rough up the team that goes in front instead of playing their way out of it. The sending off definitely helped the Ogs but they were the better time anyway

Switch the jerseys round and I'd say you'd have a different view. Anyway no point in going on about it.

Predictions for this weekend

Ballymacnab v Armagh Harps (Jim Burns) at Athletic Grounds Harps
Killeavy v St Patrick's (Ger Devlin) at Carrickcruppen St Pat's
Dromintee v Granemore (Barney Henry) at Silverbridge Dromintee
Crossmaglen v Tir na nÓg (Tony O'Hare) at Athletic Grounds Crossmaglen
Maghery v Whitecross (Jimmy McKee) at Athletic Grounds Whitecross
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin) at Athletic Grounds Clan na Gael
Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Mickey Leonard) at Ballymacnab Pearse Ógs
I'll go for Harps, St Pats, Dromintee, Cross, Maghery, Clans and Cruppen.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

thewanderer

my predictions nab,st.pats,g/more,cross, w/cross draw,clans, p/ogs

fitzroyalty

I'd go with

Ballymacnab - Harps been mediocre all year, expect it continue into championship
St Pat's - Killeavy are strong up front but tend to be exposed in defence
Dromintee - Dromintee to win with a few to spare, won't buy into recent results
Crossmaglen - No chance for portadown
Whitecross - maghery are missing 6/7 regulars due to suspension/injury
Ogs - Will have too much for carrickcruppen

IVEDECIDED

I think the only certainty is Cross - every other match could go either way. Wouldnt rule out a draw or two!

Goats Do Shave

Is Collie Holmes allowed to play for the Harps? They should be too strong around the middle for the Nab.

I'd go with -

Harps
St Pat's
Granemore to shock Dromintee - There's normally one!
Crossmaglen
Whitecross - maghery Draw
Ogs

Jimmy Joe

Yes Collie is allowed to play

Harps
Killeavey
Dromintee
Cross
Whitecross
Ogs

illdecide

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on August 11, 2009, 12:42:53 PM
Yes Collie is allowed to play

Harps
Killeavey
Dromintee
Cross
Whitecross
Ogs

Whats wrong with clans v Mullaghbawn? is it too close to call ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thewanderer

sorry 2 bad teams thought they were in the junior ;D

pearseog

nab
cullyhana
granemore
cross
whitecross
clans
pearse og

corn02

For ourselves the heart says Dromintee, but as the game edges closer the head is saying Granemore. Play well and we will win, but anything below that and we are in trouble. If it is tight I fear we will come out on the wrng side.

Harps
Killeavy
Granemore, by a point.  :(
Tir na....Cross
Maghery
Mullaghbawn
I think an upset is on the cards and Cruppen will take Ogs after a replay.

The GAA

Ballymacnab v Armagh Harps (Jim Burns) at Athletic Grounds
Harps will probably  be able to galvanise everyone for a championship performance and i'd expect them to win comfortably, 5-6 points.

Killeavy v St Patrick's (Ger Devlin) at Carrickcruppen St Pat's
Tight game. Cullyhanna's reconrd against killeavy has been very good and with the league still distracting the killeavy men i think cullyhanna will win by 3 or 4

Hard to know what to make of dromintee at the minute. certainly i think corn is swinging the lead but granemore seem to be going very well and scoring very heavily. draw.

Crossmaglen v Tir na nÓg (Tony O'Hare) at Athletic Grounds Crossmaglen
hammering

Maghery v Whitecross (Jimmy McKee) at Athletic Grounds Whitecross
I think Lavery is suspended and i think that will tip the game in whitecross' favour. plus, whitecross have more of a championship pedigree in recent years whitcross 3-4 points

Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin) at Athletic Grounds Clan na Gael
Nothing much in this one but Mullaghbawn may be able to eek out enough scores to frustrate clans. Mullaghbawn 1-2 points

Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Mickey Leonard) at Ballymacnab Pearse Ógs
Ogs should creep home if they're firing on all cylinders. 2-3 points

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on August 11, 2009, 03:54:06 PM

Hard to know what to make of dromintee at the minute. certainly i think corn is swinging the lead but granemore seem to be going very well and scoring very heavily. draw.

Maybe being a tad pessimistic, but the indications are there that Granemore could shock us.

But, as I said, any decent performance will get us through.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

slievegullion

I remember 3 years ago ladbrokes were doing odds for the individual club games online, doesn't seem to be any of that about anymore. ONL says its cos too many online bookies got burnt because they didn't do enough research.