Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

ur right pearseog, went to the final and have to say that about 4/5 st. pats players were more interested in the man than the ball. one thing i thought strange, one of the cullyhanna managers mc conville i think who plays for st. pats seniors running up and down the sideline with a man utd jersey on. changed times!!! tac get it sorted.

thewanderer

was refering to brokencrossbar page 871  ::)

armaghniac

QuoteWhat are you on about.??

You sound a very "cross" person.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Quote from: thewanderer on August 10, 2009, 03:38:12 PM

To be fair to Crossfire, it wasn't very clear.

winsamsoon

Quote from: pearseog on August 10, 2009, 02:57:43 PM
come on TAC, harsh sending off! 
he shouldered ciaran trainor in the face and then as christy kane was running past he buried him. lad should get a heavy suspension.
this wasnt the only incident. later on another ogs player got a late shoulder in the face, lucky he didn't break his jaw. marty mcquilan came simply to hit people as well. lucky you ended the match with 14 never mind 15.

You must be a clans man Pearse after all it is only them that posts on the net about incidents :D what a load of c**k :D :D :D

Oh and ask your number 14 (Mc Evoy) whether the spitting happened or not because it was him that done it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

And the stick I got when I was complaining about cullyhanna......  :)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

he shouldered ciaran trainor in the face and then as christy kane was running past he buried him. lad should get a heavy suspension.
this wasnt the only incident. later on another ogs player got a late shoulder in the face, lucky he didn't break his jaw. marty mcquilan came simply to hit people as well. lucky you ended the match with 14 never mind 15.

I was right in front of the incident and seen it clearly. There was little enough contact. I was genuinely surprised he was sent off. You see them tackles all the time, particular in B football which is always hard hitting. Reminded of the challenge Marty O'Rourke got a second yellow for against Down last year. McQuillan made one challenge in the whole match I think. At 46 he's hardly going to be much of an enforcer. The tackle when a Pearse Ógs fella came flying in near our goal hich caused a pushing and shoving match was at least as bad as the sending off incident.

These things do happen though, I accept you don't always agree with the referee and I'm not going to start making wild allegations about biased referees. Pearse Ógs won the match because they played the better football, no doubt about that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 10, 2009, 07:14:42 PM

I was right in front of the incident and seen it clearly. There was little enough contact. I was genuinely surprised he was sent off. You see them tackles all the time, particular in B football which is always hard hitting. Reminded of the challenge Marty O'Rourke got a second yellow for against Down last year. McQuillan made one challenge in the whole match I think. At 46 he's hardly going to be much of an enforcer. The tackle when a Pearse Ógs fella came flying in near our goal hich caused a pushing and shoving match was at least as bad as the sending off incident.

These things do happen though, I accept you don't always agree with the referee and I'm not going to start making wild allegations about biased referees. Pearse Ógs won the match because they played the better football, no doubt about that.

I was right in front of the incident as well.  He deserved to go, without a doubt

Smokin Joe

If the fixtures for this week are put up on Orchard County could someone copy them here (I'm not a member of OC)?

AFS

ARMAGH CLUB GAMES FOR W/E TUESDAY 18 AUGUST 2009

Monday 10 August
Minor Football Championship
All Games POSTPONED

Tuesday 11 August
ACL – Div. III (7.30)
An Port Mor v Tullysaran (Mickey Leonard)
Lissummon v St Peter's (Paul Boylan)

Wednesday 12 August
All-County 'B' League – Group A (7.30)
Mullaghbawn v Granemore (Vincent O'Neill)
Sarsfields v Clan na Gael (Barney Henry)
Madden v Dromintee (Patrick Duffy)
All-County 'B' League – Group B (7.30)
Silverbridge v Pearse Og (Damian McConville)
Maghery v Clann Eireann (Mickey Leonard)

Thursday 13 August
All-County U-16 League – Group A (7.30)
St Peter's v Dromintee (Damian McConville)
Pearse Og v Keady (Off)
Crossmaglen v Tir na nÓg (Jim Lynch)
All-County U-16 League – Group B (7.30)
Clann Eireann v Shane O'Neill's (Stephen Murray)
Armagh Harps v Grange (Paul Boylan)
Killeavy v Naomh Eoin (Off)

Friday 14 August
Senior Football Championship (7.15)
Ballymacnab v Armagh Harps (Jim Burns) at Athletic Grounds
Killeavy v St Patrick's (Ger Devlin) at Carrickcruppen
ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Clann Eireann v St Michael's (Joe Murtagh)
Ballyhegan v Madden (Paudie Hughes)
Wolfe Tone v Silverbridge (Gary Smith)
ACL – Div. III (7.30)
Annaghmore v Lissummon (Stephen Murray)
St Peter's v An Port Mor (Jim Lynch)
Keady v Belleek (Damian McConville)
ACL – Div. IV (7.30)
Crossmaglen II v Dorsey Emmett's (Eugene D Nugent)

Saturday 15 August
Senior Football Championship (7.00)
Dromintee v Granemore (Barney Henry) at Silverbridge
Crossmaglen v Tir na nÓg (Tony O'Hare) at Athletic Grounds

Sunday 16 August
Senior Football Championship
Maghery v Whitecross (Jimmy McKee) at Athletic Grounds (2.00)
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin) at Athletic Grounds (4.00)
Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Mickey Leonard) at Ballymacnab (7.00)
U-16 Football Championship Final Replay (5.00) – Extra time, if required
Killeavy v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice) at Ballymacnab
ACL – Div. I (2.00)
Sarsfields v Culloville (Barney Henry)
ACL – Div. II (2.00)
Wolfe Tone v Ballyhegan (Kevin Gallogly)
ACL – Div. III (2.00)
Belleek v Shane O'Neill's (Paudie Hughes)
Collegeland v St Paul's (Jim Burns)
Lissummon v Middletown (Off)
An Port Mor v Keady (Kevin Murtagh)
St Peter's v Clonmore (Jim Lynch)
Tullysaran v Annaghmore (Joe Murtagh)
ACL – Div. IV (2.00)
Crossmaglen II v O'Hanlon's (Patrick Duffy)
Derrynoose v Killean (Eugene D Nugent)
Eire Og v Forkhill (Mickey Leonard)
Grange v Dorsey Emmett's (Seamus O'Neill)
Mullaghbrack v Corrinshego (Vincent O'Neill)
Phelim Brady's v Clady (Stephen McKinley)

Monday 17 August
All-County Minor League – Group A (7.30)
Ballymacnab v Shane O'Neill's (Kevin Gallogly)
Clan na Gael v Tir na nÓg (TBC)
All-County Minor League – Group B (7.30)
Granemore v Killeavy (Noel Martin)
Clann Eireann v Wolfe Tone (Seamus O'Neill)
St Patrick's v Keady (Dessie McDonnell)

Tuesday 18 August
ACL – Div. III (7.15)
St Peter's v An Port Mor (Seamus O'Neill)

AFS

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 10, 2009, 08:02:41 PM
If the fixtures for this week are put up on Orchard County could someone copy them here (I'm not a member of OC)?

There you go, but you don't need to sign in to access the fixtures/results section of that site.

ogshead

I know that you can get some controversial decisions in matches and both sets of players and supporters can see their own view of situations but the boy deserved to be sent off. Two dirty tackles in the one play and it was clear as day. The Ogs had just taken control of the game and St. Pats tried to rough it up. It's a common enough thing in football now where teams try to rough up the team that goes in front instead of playing their way out of it. The sending off definitely helped the Ogs but they were the better time anyway

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on August 10, 2009, 04:39:44 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on August 10, 2009, 03:38:12 PM

To be fair to Crossfire, it wasn't very clear.

Thanks Corn. I could get to like you. :)

Smokin Joe

Quote from: AFS on August 10, 2009, 08:13:17 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 10, 2009, 08:02:41 PM

There you go, but you don't need to sign in to access the fixtures/results section of that site.

Thanks AFS - I will remember that for the future.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ogshead on August 10, 2009, 08:29:12 PM

I know that you can get some controversial decisions in matches and both sets of players and supporters can see their own view of situations but the boy deserved to be sent off. Two dirty tackles in the one play and it was clear as day. The Ogs had just taken control of the game and St. Pats tried to rough it up. It's a common enough thing in football now where teams try to rough up the team that goes in front instead of playing their way out of it. The sending off definitely helped the Ogs but they were the better time anyway

Switch the jerseys round and I'd say you'd have a different view. Anyway no point in going on about it.

Predictions for this weekend

Ballymacnab v Armagh Harps (Jim Burns) at Athletic Grounds Harps
Killeavy v St Patrick's (Ger Devlin) at Carrickcruppen St Pat's
Dromintee v Granemore (Barney Henry) at Silverbridge Dromintee
Crossmaglen v Tir na nÓg (Tony O'Hare) at Athletic Grounds Crossmaglen
Maghery v Whitecross (Jimmy McKee) at Athletic Grounds Whitecross
Clan na Gael v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin) at Athletic Grounds Clan na Gael
Carrickcruppen v Pearse Og (Mickey Leonard) at Ballymacnab Pearse Ógs
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead