Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 07, 2009, 08:16:21 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 03:20:27 PM
Quote from: mackers on August 07, 2009, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 10:27:13 AM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 06, 2009, 10:01:17 PM
Quote from: slievegullion on August 06, 2009, 02:52:42 PM
Well there is of course the fact that a player leaked tactics and team before the monaghan match, i suppose some people might consider that infighting.

What tactics are you on about, it was hardly a secret the way he had armagh playing for the last two years

You can't honestly suggest that the leaking of tactics and marking assignments didn't have a big impact. Anyone who thinks it was not a big deal is living in loopyville.
I'll have to admit to living in loopyville so........seriously corn, marking assignments would've been fairly obvious. The one that had the most effect on the outcome of the game was AOR on Rory Woods but that was jumping out after the team was selected. McEnaney pulled a master stroke by keeping Aidan close to goal and exposing a lack of mobility and counter-acting Aidan's strengths particularly his passing. But I don't think he would've needed a mole to work out that Aidan was going to take Woods.

As others have said, our "tactics" have been the same for about three years now, which is a depressing truth.......

But that's specious reasoning though, isn't it?

I don't think it was a given that Aidan would pick up Woods. In fact, it was not a given that Aidan would be man-marking anyone. To know he was taking Woods, he deployed him further forward than usual. If he didn;t know until the start of the match the witch would not have been made before the throw-in and crucial scores were lost.

Of course not switching him out of the corner played a part. But knowing who was marking who, and that goes for all the defenders, gives you a massive advantage. YYou can shape your gameplan knowing that there will be no surprises.

I think it is naive to see it as just tactics that could have been worked out, implications run deeper than that and tactics and gameplans are just not that black and white.

at the end of the day it was a derby match and armagh lost by a point, if it had of been the other way there would be no talk of leaks and tactics

two dromintee posters persistant on blaming the leaks for the defeat!!!  Maybe there is an underlying reason for this!!!!!!!!

What a bullshit post, and shows you know you have this wrong. If your retort is "if we had of won it would not have mattered" then your argument does not hold much water.

Excellent to bring Dromintee into it as well. How dare we speak ill of someone doing this. Most condemned it but you saw fit to single out Dromintee posters.

Again if you think it made no difference you are off the pace completely.

pintsofguinness

It doesnt matter whether or not it made a difference, if we lost by 10 points or won by 20 a player leaking information (if it's true) is serious. 

Your post is just rubbish umgola, and I havent a clue what dromintee has to do with it.

Sure we'll just all put our heads in the sand and pretend we've no issues, that will help us next year and the overall rebuilding process.  Armagh at the minute are a joke, who in their right mind would manage us? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Crossmaglen bate us oput the door, think there was 30 or 35 in it at the end.

charlie stubbs

st.peters 2-6 wolfe tones 1-12

peters the better team deserved to go through we dug very deep 6 down with 15 left left a goal and kicked on from there.was a great last 20 mins to the game very exciting

What's your club?
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 08:58:00 PM

corn02

Quote from: 689908 on August 07, 2009, 09:16:53 PM
What's your club?

Dromintee.

Final score: Cross 6-20 Drominte 0-05

Granemore will be licking their lips, and rightly so. If I was a betting man and not from Dromintee I would throw a quid or two on Granemore.

yellowcard

Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 09:21:36 PM
What's your club?

Dromintee.

Unbelievable scoreline. Can this scoreline to be taken at face value or had Dromintee a ladies team out?

corn02

Quote from: yellowcard on August 07, 2009, 10:01:49 PM
What's your club?

Dromintee.

Unbelievable scoreline. Can this scoreline to be taken at face value or had Dromintee a ladies team out?

We had a few young lads out alright, but i'm sure Cross did too.

Big gap at the moment.

Side will be taking Granemore incredibly serious and an upset is possible.

yellowcard

I think I'll be paying the bookies a wee visit this week to see if that 1/4 on Cross is still available.

fitzroyalty

pintsofguinness

What's your club?

Dromintee.

Granemore will be licking their lips, and rightly so. If I was a betting man and not from Dromintee I would throw a quid or two on Granemore.

f**king hell! If there was a team on the field at all cross shouldnt have scored 6-20!  How many regulars were you missing corn?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

el_cuervo_fc

St Pats 1-09

Pearse Ogs 1-14   ;D ;D

Some disgusting "tackles" by St Pats tonight.  I think the ref must have left his book at home

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 07, 2009, 10:32:55 PM
What's your club?

Dromintee.

f**king hell! If there was a team on the field at all cross shouldnt have scored 6-20!  How many regulars were you missing corn?

Only heard a bit of the team, probably missing four or five anyway.

rootthemout

corn thats some trimming yous took up there,was your county players all playing?

back off the net

cullyhanna were very poor tonight against the ogs.there full back was taking to the cleaners and he stayed on the field for the full game.The ref was very poor also for both teams letting a lot go i thought a fight was going to break out.Think st pats are safe now going by the other results